+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR, have to travel to US for work/conferences, no PR card, no reposses on urgent

iptbill

Feb 20, 2020
Lahore, PK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2020
AOR Received.
29-04-2020
Hey nice people, i'm a new PR in canada and have no PR card as who knows when we will get one due to the delays.

I need to badly need to go to the US to attend three conferences (end of october)\

Two weeks ago submitted an applcation to get the card urgently but no one replied.

How do I travel to the US just for two days and come back?

Is there a way to go to the US for two days and come bakc, or is there IRCC number I can call and ask for help regarding this?

Please pleas help.

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey nice people, i'm a new PR in canada and have no PR card as who knows when we will get one due to the delays.

I need to badly need to go to the US to attend three conferences (end of october)\

Two weeks ago submitted an applcation to get the card urgently but no one replied.

Is there a way to go to the US for two days and come bakc, or is there IRCC number I can call and ask for help regarding this?

Please pleas help.
Do you have your (used) COPR?

iptbill

Feb 20, 2020
Lahore, PK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2020
AOR Received.
29-04-2020
Yes, I have CoPR. And a visa on my passport that was crossed at the border when I first came here.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Please pleas help.
Your best option is to cross via a land border since you don’t need a PR card to cross there.

iptbill

Feb 20, 2020
Lahore, PK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2020
AOR Received.
29-04-2020
How do you think i can do that?

- I have my asian country driving license (not international just regular license)
- I don't have a driving license here
- who will drive me — how can I drive?

And finally are you sure you don't need pr card to cross land border? I don't want to be stuck as my better half will be here

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

- I have my asian country driving license (not international just regular license)

And finally are you sure you don't need pr card to cross land border? I don't want to be stuck as my better half will be here
Yes, we are sure you can cross through a land border.

Up to you to figure out who will drive you.

The alternative is to have a taxi or uber drop you off at a border crossing that allows pedestrian entry, walk over by foot, and then grab a taxi / uber or bus from the Canadian side.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

No PR card needed. Would take your COPR or proof that you’ve ordered your PR card.

iptbill

Feb 20, 2020
Lahore, PK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2020
AOR Received.
29-04-2020
Yes, we are sure you can cross through a land border.

Up to you to figure out who will drive you.

The alternative is to have a taxi or uber drop you off at a border crossing that allows pedestrian entry, walk over by foot, and then grab a taxi / uber or bus from the Canadian side.
I wonder if there are services like this? I'm in Vancouver so can go to the Seattle border. I have a ticket to the US. I believe I can go by air to the US as I have the visa for US. But when I come back, I instead fly to seattle and then cross the border on foot, then find a taxi that takes me to Vancouver.

I have CoPR — no other doc, no proof, I have a signed leased for one year, a candian bank account.

Can you share what docs would I need beyond this?

Last edited:

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
> The alternative is to have a taxi or uber drop you off at a border crossing that allows pedestrian entry, walk over by foot, and then grab a taxi / uber or bus from the Canadian side.

I wonder if there are services like this? I'm in Vancouver so can go to the Seattle border. I have a ticket to the US. I believe I can go by air to the US as I have the visa for US. But when I come back, I instead fly to seattle and then cross the border on foot, then find a taxi that takes me to Vancouver.

I have CoPR — no other doc, no proof, I have a signed leased for one year, a candian bank account.

There is no border in Seattle.

You are correct that you can fly to the U.S., but you might try to find a return flight to Bellingham airport (much closer to the Canadian border). From there, a cab ride would only be ~ 30 minutes or so to the Peace Arch or Pacific Highway border crossing. Not sure if Pac Hwy has a pedestrian crossing but Peace Arch does.

Reactions: YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

There aren't any services specifically for this purpose. You'd have to make your own arrangements for each step.

You just need your COPR.

iptbill

Feb 20, 2020
Lahore, PK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2020
AOR Received.
29-04-2020
There is no border in Seattle.

You are correct that you can fly to the U.S., but you might try to find a return flight to Bellingham airport (much closer to the Canadian border). From there, a cab ride would only be ~ 30 minutes or so to the Peace Arch or Pacific Highway border crossing. Not sure if Pac Hwy has a pedestrian crossing but Peace Arch does.
This is extremely useful. I was googling which borders allow pedestrian crossing and it came up empty.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is extremely useful. I was googling which borders allow pedestrian crossing and it came up empty.
Confirm with CBSA, just in case that has changed.
1 (800) 461-9999
1 (360) 332-5771 (direct number)

Last edited:
Reactions: iptbill

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just found this:
Peace Arch crossing

"Get him to cross at Pacific Highway crossing instead. It's about a 10 minute walk from Peace Arch Crossing. Assuming he's getting to Blaine via a bus, it'll be a shorter walk from DT Blaine to Pac Hwy than to Peace Arch."

Last edited:
Reactions: iptbill