+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Here is a summary of different cases related to PR Cards that I have read in forum so far:

1. PR Cards received by all applicants, in about 2 weeks since eCOPR - Best Case Scenario
2. PR Card received by some members of the family - Other members have not got the card, after several weeks.
3. No family member has received PR Card, after photo/address were approved, even after several weeks.

There is no correlation( wrt PR Cards) whether applicants linked PR Card application to their GCKey accounts or whether they received any notification about photo/address validation in their PR portal account.

There could be a relation between eCOPR expiry date and PR Card issuance date. If eCOPR expiry date is far away, chances are PR Card delivery may be delayed.

In short, the process is as random as lotto.
Would like to add… it is same with how they process applications and how they issue CoPR also. Just random and without logic and screwing people who applied long back like me who has been waiting since 17 months in spite of being CEC inland all the time

Reactions: moioxomiya

David_01

Sep 7, 2021
Hello folks! My friend got his PR card in month of July but having someone else’s photo on it, so he send back to ircc Sydney but till now there is nothing update on PR card, he submitted a webform but no response and also called IRCC, officer said he has no any idea where his PR card is? Anyone know how can he proceed further?
Thanks

casualpunx

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
But how come i got my Ecopr just after submitting the address and photo but since my photo got rejected i have been waiting since then. (20 June)

Khadija_G

Sep 24, 2021
AOR: January 3rd, 2020
Biometrics approved: January 31, 2020
Medicals extended: August 18th, 2021
Ghost update: September 15, 2021
Copr email: September 16, 2021.
PR portal credentials: September 22, 2021
ECoPR: September 23, 2021
PR: Waiting

VO: Virtual Landing
Received my PR in the mailbox today!yay!
Photo is still in review on the portal tough.

Reactions: whereismyprcard

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Been trying to find out more info about the PRTD, do you know whether this is being processed faster? I'm afraid of going home and then getting stuck
Today Ircc agent replied if you are having so urgent issues you can always travel back to your home country. You go there and then raise request to Ircc. Currently we are busy with other issues. When he said I got pissed off and said you are busy with only few and doesn’t care about others who have emergencies and disconnected the call. My case is April 2020 AOR . As per Ircc agent (lady) with whom I spoke , they already sent CoPR to me and mailed PR card also. But I didn’t receive both yet. It’s 44 days since I uploaded docs. Don’t know which words of them to believe and not to believe. Literally what they are saying is if you have issue you leave, we have our own priorities, that is what I understood

Sep 6, 2021
Today Ircc agent replied if you are having so urgent issues you can always travel back to your home country. You go there and then raise request to Ircc. Currently we are busy with other issues. When he said I got pissed off and said you are busy with only few and doesn’t care about others who have emergencies and disconnected the call. My case is April 2020 AOR . As per Ircc agent (lady) with whom I spoke , they already sent CoPR to me and mailed PR card also. But I didn’t receive both yet. It’s 44 days since I uploaded docs. Don’t know which words of them to believe and not to believe. Literally what they are saying is if you have issue you leave, we have our own priorities, that is what I understood
I'm sorry you had such an unpleasant experience with them, very un-canadian. I hope you're able to track down your PR stuff, at least it's hopeful to hear it's been mailed! I can't understand how so many people who got their COPR after me have already got their PR cards and there's been no update to mine for three months :( From what I'm seeing online applying to the PRTD from India might not be a bad option, seems like people are getting it in 2-3 weeks.

cck1986

May 8, 2020
I'm sorry you had such an unpleasant experience with them, very un-canadian. I hope you're able to track down your PR stuff, at least it's hopeful to hear it's been mailed! I can't understand how so many people who got their COPR after me have already got their PR cards and there's been no update to mine for three months :( From what I'm seeing online applying to the PRTD from India might not be a bad option, seems like people are getting it in 2-3 weeks.
See the prob is they just opened from India. You never know what happens when we go there and here if they change rules. One known acquaintance went like that in April and got stuck there and was able to come only 15 days back. So too much risk to travel withou Pr card. Also it’s close to 18 months now, so I have decided to give a pause and continue with my work and forgot about this whole idiotic process. Thanks for your words and wish you get yours soon

Reactions: whereismyprcard