+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

scai

Apr 19, 2019
Share my:

1. First Email-asking for information - Jul 28
2. Second email-Received log in details for the portal - Jul 28
3. Declared my presence in Canada, updated the address and uploaded a picture on the portal - Jul 28
4. ECOPR - Jul 30
5. VO - Calgary

Good luck go everyone

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
Hey folks,

Just want to give everyone a final update, and some words of encouragement to those waiting for what feels like is going to be for the rest of eternity, here's my timeline:

1st portal e-mail: 19 May 2021
2nd portal e-mail & submission of address, photo and in-Canada declaration: 20 May 2021
1st portal e-mail received again (no explanation given): 21 June 2021

E-COPR finally received: 13 July 2021 (55 days after the 1st e-mail with minor mistakes on the CoPR that I just choose to ignore)
PR card application linked to GCKeys account: 13 July 2021
GU1: 14 July 2021 (no e-mail, found out by checking on GCKeys)
PR card application approved: 26 July 2021 (no e-mail, found out by checking on GCKeys)
PR portal changed from everything in review to approved: 27 July 2021 (e-mail from IRCC notifying of the update)
PR card received in the mail in Vancouver B.C.: 30 July 2021 (72 days after the 1st e-mail, 266 days since AOR date)

As someone who follows this thread along with others on the forum obsessively and religiously for the past 2-3 months (checking it every 5 minutes from 7 AM to 2 AM the next day every day for weeks-on-end), I feel pretty confident in vouching that neither of the following will speed up your process: calling IRCC, submitting webforms, replying to the e-mail 10+ times, reaching out to your MP, doing the rain dance, bending the knee, holding the door, and anything else under the sun that you can fathom. Those who say it'd work are simply saying so based on their own confirmation bias. To the lucky bastards who disagree, come at me, bro! JK, love you (kiss kiss). The only thing separating you from your COPR or PR card is simply time and luck, IMHO.

The good news is, you definitely won't have to wait until the earth gets engulfed by the sun along with our conclusively meaningless existence; there's an end date to this wait and it'll all be worth it in the end. Getting the PR card is like getting to use the Get-Out-of-Jail-Free card! Enjoy your long weekend, folks, and see you lot in 2-3 years at the citizenship thread!

Cheers and good luck! XOXO

genieve876

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hey folks,

Just want to give everyone a final update, and some words of encouragement to those waiting for what feels like is going to be for the rest of eternity, here's my timeline:

1st portal e-mail: 19 May 2021
2nd portal e-mail & submission of address, photo and in-Canada declaration: 20 May 2021
1st portal e-mail received again (no explanation given): 21 June 2021

E-COPR finally received: 13 July 2021 (55 days after the 1st e-mail with minor mistakes on the CoPR that I just choose to ignore)
PR card application linked to GCKeys account: 13 July 2021
GU1: 14 July 2021 (no e-mail, found out by checking on GCKeys)
PR card application approved: 26 July 2021 (no e-mail, found out by checking on GCKeys)
PR portal changed from everything in review to approved: 27 July 2021 (e-mail from IRCC notifying of the update)
PR card received in the mail in Vancouver B.C.: 30 July 2021 (72 days after the 1st e-mail, 266 days since AOR date)

As someone who follows this thread along with others on the forum obsessively and religiously for the past 2-3 months (checking it every 5 minutes from 7 AM to 2 AM the next day every day for weeks-on-end), I feel pretty confident in vouching that neither of the following will speed up your process: calling IRCC, submitting webforms, replying to the e-mail 10+ times, reaching out to your MP, doing the rain dance, bending the knee, holding the door, and anything else under the sun that you can fathom. Those who say it'd work are simply saying so based on their own confirmation bias. To the lucky bastards who disagree, come at me, bro! JK, love you (kiss kiss). The only thing separating you from your COPR or PR card is simply time and luck, IMHO.

The good news is, you definitely won't have to wait until the earth gets engulfed by the sun along with our conclusively meaningless existence; there's an end date to this wait and it'll all be worth it in the end. Getting the PR card is like getting to use the Get-Out-of-Jail-Free card! Enjoy your long weekend, folks, and see you lot in 2-3 years at the citizenship thread!

Cheers and good luck! XOXO
Hey quick question I got my portal log in my husband, my eldest daughter and my information is correct. However my youngest daughter information is correct but they have my husband's name attached to her information. I sent an email to the email I received the credentials from. Someone was advising me to still upload my daughters information and picture and submit ir as the pr portal information us manually typed in however for the declaration although it has my daughters information it has my husband name which I don't agree. Someone else says to raise a webform problem is I have 7 days to respond in the portal. Can anyone please help I have been posting all night

Reactions: man8243

man8243

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
Hey quick question I got my portal log in my husband, my eldest daughter and my information is correct. However my youngest daughter information is correct but they have my husband's name attached to her information. I sent an email to the email I received the credentials from. Someone was advising me to still upload my daughters information and picture and submit ir as the pr portal information us manually typed in however for the declaration although it has my daughters information it has my husband name which I don't agree. Someone else says to raise a webform problem is I have 7 days to respond in the portal. Can anyone please help I have been posting all night
@legalfalcon can you please help her?

Reactions: mapple007
May 11, 2021
My cic status of express entry updated to approved and got e-COPR on June 23, 2021 in the portal which is wrong person's e-COPR
Waiting for my PR card till date.
Any one facing same issue?

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020

I've not seen this one yet, but I've seen similar cases where a family member(s)'s profile is missing from the PA's portal. Another common thing I've seen often is that the wrong CoPR is attached to the portal (for the wrong person) or COPR is just missing for some family members even though everyone else in the family's got the CoPR.

What I would do if I were you:

1. Submit the declaration, photo, and address for you, your husband, and your eldest daughter.
2. Send a short e-mail to IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca (if the first e-mail came from this e-mail; if it came directly from a VO, e-mail them at that address) right away with a clear subject line regarding the situation and a clear and concise explanation.
3. Submit a webform right away (do it, now!).
4. call IRCC first thing Tuesday morning (Monday is a national holiday). Try again and again until you get through to speak to a real life agent. The agent will be able to add a note to your file.
5. Wait until the day-7 mark, and if you have not heard back from IRCC by then, submit the declaration, photo and address anyway for your youngest daughter.

My take is that:
it wouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things for you to submit the declaration, photo, and address for all family members. The officer reviewing your case will realise they've made a simple mistake and correct it when your COPRs are issued. At the end of the day, visa officers are human too, and they understand humans make mistakes; they can distinguish between actual right and wrong and I don't think they would ever consider something like this to be a misrepresentation if you're worrying that submitting the declaration for your daughter in your husband's name would be construed as that.

Another option would be:
1. Submit the declaration, photo, and address for everyone in your family except for your youngest daughter.
2. Wait to hear back from IRCC regarding this from their webform and proceed as they instruct you to (past the day-7 point).

This will likely cause a delay in your daughter's COPR issuance, but it just seems to me to be the most "proper" way to go about this (that doesn't mean it's the right way).

Note I'm not a lawyer, so this is my opinion and you should do your own research. I'm interested to see what @legalfalcon has to say about this.

Reactions: genieve876

renu1234

Jul 13, 2021
1st email - 8th July
2nd email - 10th July and sent photo and declaration same day
VO mentioned in portal email - Ottawa VLU
Ecopr - 30th July
VO in ECOPR - Calgary

Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: nylider

genieve876

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
I've not seen this one yet, but I've seen similar cases where a family member(s)'s profile is missing from the PA's portal. Another common thing I've seen often is that the wrong CoPR is attached to the portal (for the wrong person) or COPR is just missing for some family members even though everyone else in the family's got the CoPR.

What I would do if I were you:

1. Submit the declaration, photo, and address for you, your husband, and your eldest daughter.
2. Send a short e-mail to IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca (if the first e-mail came from this e-mail; if it came directly from a VO, e-mail them at that address) right away with a clear subject line regarding the situation and a clear and concise explanation.
3. Submit a webform right away (do it, now!).
4. call IRCC first thing Tuesday morning (Monday is a national holiday). Try again and again until you get through to speak to a real life agent. The agent will be able to add a note to your file.
5. Wait until the day-7 mark, and if you have not heard back from IRCC by then, submit the declaration, photo and address anyway for your youngest daughter.

My take is that:
it wouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things for you to submit the declaration, photo, and address for all family members. The officer reviewing your case will realise they've made a simple mistake and correct it when your COPRs are issued. At the end of the day, visa officers are human too, and they understand humans make mistakes; they can distinguish between actual right and wrong and I don't think they would ever consider something like this to be a misrepresentation if you're worrying that submitting the declaration for your daughter in your husband's name would be construed as that.

Another option would be:
1. Submit the declaration, photo, and address for everyone in your family except for your youngest daughter.
2. Wait to hear back from IRCC regarding this from their webform and proceed as they instruct you to (past the day-7 point).

This will likely cause a delay in your daughter's COPR issuance, but it just seems to me to be the most "proper" way to go about this (that doesn't mean it's the right way).

Note I'm not a lawyer, so this is my opinion and you should do your own research. I'm interested to see what @legalfalcon has to say about this.
Thank you very much I appreciate it

Kaptaan

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
Received an email for IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal today. I am a principal applicant inland( inside Canada) with overseas dependents. As I understand to use this portal you should be inside Canada. What should I say for my overseas dependents?
Your @legalfalcon expert opinion will be highly appreciated.

Last edited: