New PR confirmation portal

isi2021

Jul 17, 2021
Sharing PR Card Timeline :

AOR: October 14th, 2020
VO : Ottawa
First Portal email : 24th June 2021
Resent first portal email on 28th June, 2021
Portal Credentials: 28th June, 2021 (uploaded photos and address)
Ecopr: 30th June, 2021

Linked PR card application to CIC account 02nd July 2021
#GU 09th July 2021

PR Card approval in CIC account 20th July 2021
Portal updated on 21st July 2021 (message accepted and closed)
PR card mailed: 20th July, 2021
Received PR card on 23rd July, 2021 (postal from Case processing Centre - Sydney)

Great help from this forum. All the best to those who are waiting for eCOPR and PR card. Good luck!
Congrats!
My card was mailed on July 20 too but hasn’t arrived yet. Which city are you from?

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
I just ignored old one and create a new one. The new one automatically shows everything the old one has. The old one throws an error on login automatically. There is no need to call anyone (atleast not in my case).

I applied SIN online and received it in a week for everyone including my minor daughter.
That sounds wonderful!
What city are you in? I know the Lower Mainland seems to have crazy wait times last time I called.

Deep611

Star Member
Jun 25, 2021
Hi i want to know that as i did not receive my 2nd email for credentials almost its 2 months. So if i create my account own as few people did. How they will get to know that i created an account and they need to post in my account the required details. Because i emailed so many tym and called them but did not received any response
Please auggest me???????

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
**posting this from another thread to update all the helpful souls here who were a huge support in this journey**

FINALLY after waiting 39 gruelling, ugly crying days and praying to whichever gods and goddesses rule the eCOPR realms - I finally woke up to this email: "PR Confirmation - An update has been made to your file!" and there it was waiting for me - THE eCOPR!!

For those of you who are waiting, I sent webforms, replied to initial portal emails at least 5 times, had my local MP contact IRCC, called the IRCC call centre religiously every week, and at one point last night after work sent a strongly worded albeit passively timid email to the Assistant Deputy Minister for Immigration! Not sure if any of these worked at all or if it was just my turn in the queue (I think it was the latter), BUT the eCOPR is here and that's all that matters. :D

Also good news:
  • Address and photo accepted on PR portal
  • PR portal now shows "Case status- closed and accepted"
  • PR application shows "approved" in online IRCC account
  • Linked PR card application to online IRCC account
Questions:
1. My eCOPR expiry date is within a month - hopefully I get the PR card within this time frame but do you think it's worth calling IRCC to get their opinion on it? Seems an awfully short time...
2. The date of original entry is off by a year (I changed passports that year so maybe that's why) - should I contact IRCC or amend the document (current processing time is 6 months!!)?

THANK YOU EVERYONE in this group! You have been tremendously helpful :cool:
Hey Majima, first off Congratulations! In regards to your first question, the expiry date of the COPR is tied to when you did your medicals. So it can not be extended. That said, try and get your new permanent SIN from Service Canada ASAP as well as your health card from Service Ontario if you do not have one before the COPR expires because once it does you'll have to wait for the actual PR card to get those documents. In short use this one month to get the documents you need.

In regards to your 2nd question I am not sure whether you should get the document amended, I have seen people on here with minor mistakes just ignore them, however your date of original entry is not exactly a very minor mistake as it will be important when/if you decide to apply for Citizenship. Maybe @legalfalcon can help with this.

Again, Congratulations!

1. My eCOPR expiry date is within a month - hopefully I get the PR card within this time frame but do you think it's worth calling IRCC to get their opinion on it? Seems an awfully short time...
COPR does not expire. It is proof of your PR status. The expiry date is only relevant for people who are outside Canada, i.e. they have to land and get the COPR stamped on or before the expiry date. After your COPR is stamped, i.e. the date you attined got a PR status, you can use your COPR to show your PR status even beyond the expiry date of the COPR.

The PR card is a travel document and is issued for 5 years after which you have to get it renewed.

2. The date of original entry is off by a year (I changed passports that year so maybe that's why) - should I contact IRCC or amend the document (current processing time is 6 months!!)?
It is a minor issue and will not matter. You can send a web form and point it out. However, in most cases, you will be asked to follow the process https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

Irrespective, this will not cause any issues for you in the long run.

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
COPR does not expire. It is proof of your PR status. The expiry date is only relevant for people who are outside Canada, i.e. they have to land and get the COPR stamped on or before the expiry date. After your COPR is stamped, i.e. the date you attined got a PR status, you can use your COPR to show your PR status even beyond the expiry date of the COPR.

The PR card is a travel document and is issued for 5 years after which you have to get it renewed.

It is a minor issue and will not matter. You can send a web form and point it out. However, in most cases, you will be asked to follow the process https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

Irrespective, this will not cause any issues for you in the long run.
Perfect!
Thanks for the response & helpful information.

Relieved to know that the expiry date doesn’t apply in my case! Phew..
I’ll send a webform to enquire about next steps re original entry date.
:)

team13

Jan 13, 2020
PR card approved in CIC account but still showing “in review with ircc” in pr-portal. CIC application updated today but looks like PR Card was printed on 16th as expiry date is showing 26/7/16 in document details
Received my PR card on Friday was approved on 7/20 in CIC account.

Gagan_077

Jul 13, 2021
Sharing PR Card Timeline :

AOR: October 14th, 2020
VO : Ottawa
First Portal email : 24th June 2021
Resent first portal email on 28th June, 2021
Portal Credentials: 28th June, 2021 (uploaded photos and address)
Ecopr: 30th June, 2021

Linked PR card application to CIC account 02nd July 2021
#GU 09th July 2021

PR Card approval in CIC account 20th July 2021
Portal updated on 21st July 2021 (message accepted and closed)
PR card mailed: 20th July, 2021
Received PR card on 23rd July, 2021 (postal from Case processing Centre - Sydney)

Great help from this forum. All the best to those who are waiting for eCOPR and PR card. Good luck!
I already received eCOPR on July 20 and my address in portal is also accepted but photo is still under review, Now today I linked my profile in CIC account to check the status of PR card. I have question, if we already have a portal ( where we upload address and photo) to check PR card approvel and mailed then why we need to link with cic account or does it safe if you also have portal and you also link your profile with cic account to check PR card status?

Last edited:

Gagan_077

Jul 13, 2021
I have question, if we already have a portal ( where we upload address and photo) to check PR card approvel and mailed then why we need to link with cic account or does it safe if you also have portal and you also link your profile with cic account to check PR card status?

ShylajaRajiv

Jul 17, 2019
Nothing much. Just wait for username and password. Good luck. Of course keep a photo ready and double and triple check the dimensions, resolution, forehead to chin distance etc.
Quick qtn, can I reuse the photo which I used for my PR application? The photo was taken and submitted along with my EE application?

kish2020

Jun 28, 2020
Hi i want to know that as i did not receive my 2nd email for credentials almost its 2 months. So if i create my account own as few people did. How they will get to know that i created an account and they need to post in my account the required details. Because i emailed so many tym and called them but did not received any response
Please auggest me???????
Try to do a forgot password on portal account if you have created account on portal on your own with the personal email address which you shared to IRCC . Call IRCC customer care to know update . I got update from agent that someone was working on application and I didn't receive pr portal mail. I immediately logged in to pr portal account which I created and I notice PR Confirmation link enabled to upload photos and address. If you have already tried this , try to re-send mails.

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
I have question, if we already have a portal ( where we upload address and photo) to check PR card approvel and mailed then why we need to link with cic account or does it safe if you also have portal and you also link your profile with cic account to check PR card status?
The PR confirmation portal won’t tell you when your PR card was mailed or provide any updates after photo & address are approved.
That is why some people link their PR card applications to their online IRCC accounts - so they can check updates ex: when it was mailed or when/if application was approved etc
You don’t have to link it if you don’t want to and there are no drawbacks either way