CA_PR_2020

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Sharing PR Card Timeline :

AOR: October 14th, 2020
VO : Ottawa
First Portal email : 24th June 2021
Resent first portal email on 28th June, 2021
Portal Credentials: 28th June, 2021 (uploaded photos and address)
Ecopr: 30th June, 2021

Linked PR card application to CIC account 02nd July 2021
#GU 09th July 2021

PR Card approval in CIC account 20th July 2021
Portal updated on 21st July 2021 (message accepted and closed)
PR card mailed: 20th July, 2021
Received PR card on 23rd July, 2021 (postal from Case processing Centre - Sydney)

Great help from this forum. All the best to those who are waiting for eCOPR and PR card. Good luck!

alessio2110

Star Member
May 19, 2018
I just received a second portal mail and I uploaded the photo and address. How long it takes to get ecopr? any idea
What happened when you tried with the account you created before? Does the one they create for you have the same user id/email address) as the one you had created?

alessio2110

Star Member
May 19, 2018
I was in the same situation. They will not send you second email, they will add the PR confirmation case to your already created account. Keep checking regularly.

And yeah there is no need to inform them about this :)
How long from the first email to when you saw the PR Confirmation case in your already-created account? Is it under the "Permanent Residence Application" tab -> "View My Applications"?

alessio2110

Star Member
May 19, 2018
hi Guys

Finally ! I just received my ECOPR . yours are definitely coming soon . ( Family of 5 )

My Time line is as below
AOR - 26th OCT 2020
1st email for PR portal : 26th may
Credentials : 3rd June ( uploaded same day )
Ecopr : 21st June at 5:15 pm EST
from Virtual Landing unit
VO : Ottawa

Please guide me next step ?
Hi. I saw in another thread that you had created an account for the portal before getting the 1st email. Were you able to use that account? The credential they sent you on 3rd June - does it have the same user id / email address as the you you had created? Thanks.

alessio2110

Star Member
May 19, 2018
June 26: Just to give you an update. I never received my second email but when i log in to PR portal last night,my profile was already there so i confirmed it and uploaded my photo. Just this morning i got my ecopr.
Good luck to you all. God bless.
Did you create an account yourself before the 1st email, and use that account to confirm the address, etc. without the 2nd credential email?

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
**posting this from another thread to update all the helpful souls here who were a huge support in this journey**

FINALLY after waiting 39 gruelling, ugly crying days and praying to whichever gods and goddesses rule the eCOPR realms - I finally woke up to this email: "PR Confirmation - An update has been made to your file!" and there it was waiting for me - THE eCOPR!!

For those of you who are waiting, I sent webforms, replied to initial portal emails at least 5 times, had my local MP contact IRCC, called the IRCC call centre religiously every week, and at one point last night after work sent a strongly worded albeit passively timid email to the Assistant Deputy Minister for Immigration! Not sure if any of these worked at all or if it was just my turn in the queue (I think it was the latter), BUT the eCOPR is here and that's all that matters. :D

Also good news:
  • Address and photo accepted on PR portal
  • PR portal now shows "Case status- closed and accepted"
  • PR application shows "approved" in online IRCC account
  • Linked PR card application to online IRCC account
Questions:
1. My eCOPR expiry date is within a month - hopefully I get the PR card within this time frame but do you think it's worth calling IRCC to get their opinion on it? Seems an awfully short time...
2. The date of original entry is off by a year (I changed passports that year so maybe that's why) - should I contact IRCC or amend the document (current processing time is 6 months!!)?

THANK YOU EVERYONE in this group! You have been tremendously helpful :cool:

GB94

Star Member
May 26, 2021
**posting this from another thread to update all the helpful souls here who were a huge support in this journey**

FINALLY after waiting 39 gruelling, ugly crying days and praying to whichever gods and goddesses rule the eCOPR realms - I finally woke up to this email: "PR Confirmation - An update has been made to your file!" and there it was waiting for me - THE eCOPR!!

For those of you who are waiting, I sent webforms, replied to initial portal emails at least 5 times, had my local MP contact IRCC, called the IRCC call centre religiously every week, and at one point last night after work sent a strongly worded albeit passively timid email to the Assistant Deputy Minister for Immigration! Not sure if any of these worked at all or if it was just my turn in the queue (I think it was the latter), BUT the eCOPR is here and that's all that matters. :D

Also good news:
Questions:
1. My eCOPR expiry date is within a month - hopefully I get the PR card within this time frame but do you think it's worth calling IRCC to get their opinion on it? Seems an awfully short time...
2. The date of original entry is off by a year (I changed passports that year so maybe that's why) - should I contact IRCC or amend the document (current processing time is 6 months!!)?

Hey Majima, first off Congratulations! In regards to your first question, the expiry date of the COPR is tied to when you did your medicals. So it can not be extended. That said, try and get your new permanent SIN from Service Canada ASAP as well as your health card from Service Ontario if you do not have one before the COPR expires because once it does you'll have to wait for the actual PR card to get those documents. In short use this one month to get the documents you need.

In regards to your 2nd question I am not sure whether you should get the document amended, I have seen people on here with minor mistakes just ignore them, however your date of original entry is not exactly a very minor mistake as it will be important when/if you decide to apply for Citizenship. Maybe @legalfalcon can help with this.

Again, Congratulations!

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Hey Majima, first off Congratulations! In regards to your first question, the expiry date of the COPR is tied to when you did your medicals. So it can not be extended. That said, try and get your new permanent SIN from Service Canada ASAP as well as your health card from Service Ontario if you do not have one before the COPR expires because once it does you'll have to wait for the actual PR card to get those documents. In short use this one month to get the documents you need.

In regards to your 2nd question I am not sure whether you should get the document amended, I have seen people on here with minor mistakes just ignore them, however your date of original entry is not exactly a very minor mistake as it will be important when/if you decide to apply for Citizenship. Maybe @legalfalcon can help with this.

Again, Congratulations!
Thank you so much!

Yes that seems like solid advice - I’ll go around to Service Canada and get my permanent SIN number asap.

As for the entry date - yikes that seems like a major error on their part if it’s important for citizenship. Maybe I’ll give IRCC a call after all

thanks for your help!

Reactions: GB94

Robinn

Jul 24, 2021

Also good news:
Questions:

[/
Credential: 19th june
Declaration in Canada and photo upload: 19th june
After so many webforms and calls I finally received eCOPR on 21. July. Ircc account was saying PR application was approved. But something very weird happened; on 22th july, my portal account was totally green an accepted. On the top of page was written that your case is approved and closed. Now your page will be closed. Everything was great but now, when I check my pr confirmation portal account it shows everythinf in review with Ircc. Anyone experienced this? Or do do you think photo and address is accepted and my account is closed thats the reason evetything went to ‘in review with Ircc’ again?

Robinn

Jul 24, 2021
After so many webforms and calls I finally received eCOPR on 21. July. Ircc account was saying PR application was approved. But something very weird happened; on 22th july, my portal account was totally green an accepted. On the top of page was written that your case is approved and closed. Now your page will be closed. Everything was great but now, when I check my pr confirmation portal account it shows everythinf in review with Ircc. Anyone experienced this? Or do do you think photo and address is accepted and my account is closed thats the reason evetything went to ‘in review with Ircc’ again?

Reactions: Dchawla

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
~~~ small piece of INFO ~~~

After you have successfully applied for SIN and received it, you can call the CRA [ choose login issue for less wait time] and create a new account. Your old CRA account and new CRA account will be merged.
I just ignored old one and create a new one. The new one automatically shows everything the old one has. The old one throws an error on login automatically. There is no need to call anyone (atleast not in my case).

I applied SIN online and received it in a week for everyone including my minor daughter.

Reactions: tsc7 and Majima

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020

Also good news:
Questions:

Congrats. Your concerns were already answered. Because your portal is closed and GCKey shows approved. Expect PR cards within a week or 10 days. Get the original entry date corrected. Hope this is not mentioned on the PR card. If not, PR card also will need a correction. Good luck.

Reactions: Majima

Twinkz

Nov 19, 2020
happened with me too. I got email that my case is Approved and closed, But now it has gone to "in review with IRCC" again.

isi2021

Jul 17, 2021
How long after approval, do we get the card in the mail? Mine was approved and mailed on July 20 but the card hasn’t arrived yet.