+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

flipwhip

Jul 6, 2021
For the people that have not received the email with credentials - I received the first email on June 21st and replied immediately. I've seen people getting the response within 1-5 business days. I sent numerous follow-up emails. On July 13th, I have submitted the web form. Yesterday at 5PM, I received a call from a nice lady in Ottawa even though my office is Etobicoke. She asked me why I haven't responded to the email - I told her that I responded 7 times. She asked me the questions indicated in the email and sent me the credentials. The whole process took her 2 minutes. She also told me that I am the first one who did not think she is a scam lol. So, wait for the call everyone who did not receive the credentials email.

Aishaadi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
For the people that have not received the email with credentials - I received the first email on June 21st and replied immediately. I've seen people getting the response within 1-5 business days. I sent numerous follow-up emails. On July 13th, I have submitted the web form. Yesterday at 5PM, I received a call from a nice lady in Ottawa even though my office is Etobicoke. She asked me why I haven't responded to the email - I told her that I responded 7 times. She asked me the questions indicated in the email and sent me the credentials. The whole process took her 2 minutes. She also told me that I am the first one who did not think she is a scam lol. So, wait for the call everyone who did not receive the credentials email.
Such a messy system they have .. wish she told you how to get their attention in such cases ( 7 emails from you and they never responded ‍♂)… I am waiting for eCOPR for 48 days now and tried every damn thing with no response or even though they responded to webform , they don’t seem to care the delay and can issue people eCOPRs the same day portal credentials are sent

Reactions: mapple007

flipwhip

Jul 6, 2021
Such a messy system they have .. wish she told you how to get their attention in such cases ( 7 emails from you and they never responded ‍♂)… I am waiting for eCOPR for 48 days now and tried every damn thing with no response or even though they responded to webform , they don’t seem to care the delay and can issue people eCOPRs the same day portal credentials are sent
She said that they don't have processing times for eCOPR ... but said that the application is approved once you receive the portal email unless they find some new information between the portal email and your eCOPR.

Ayushi1319

Jun 5, 2021
To all those who are waiting for more than 20 d
Haha! Classic IRCC! My COPR also came with a couple of erroneous details, i.e., my height and last entry date are off by 1 CM and 1 day each. I feel like my boi, Immigration Officer Justin N., did it out of spite for my series of annoying Follow-Up e-mails, to be honest.

As far as the consensus goes on this, I think if the error(s) is minor, it's best we leave it alone so long as our name, sex, DOB, Country of Birth, UCI, and Application number are correct.

A couple of months back, someone had their "Become P.R. on" date off by about 5 years, meaning they're primed for their citizenship application right off the bat! Another bloke had his sex changed for him unprompted and gratuitously by IRCC 'cause that's just how progressive Canada is when it comes to that sort of stuff; so, I'd wager that, in term of seriousness, our errors are likely a non-issue. I'd just sign that thing and call it a day! :)
Thanks for the reply, I would leave as it is now lol. In no mood to involve ircc

Reactions: mapple007

jozy0123

Star Member
May 26, 2021
Waiting for copr since June 3rd. Submitted web form on July 4th and got a reply today with no real update...just a common copy paste response giving covid and reduced staff as the reason for delay. Looking at a few people getting their copr in this forum, my hopes are rising...let's not give up after waiting this long!
I am in the same boat, the same timeline as you. It is so frustrating to experience this. Pray for those who wait for more than 30 days.

Reactions: MJesan

jozy0123

Star Member
May 26, 2021
Just a quick question, does anyone know if it is okay to switch jobs after receiving the portal credential email? Is there any risks?

carlosmfr

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
Haha! Classic IRCC! My COPR also came with a couple of erroneous details, i.e., my height and last entry date are off by 1 CM and 1 day each. I feel like my boi, Immigration Officer Justin N., did it out of spite for my series of annoying Follow-Up e-mails, to be honest.

As far as the consensus goes on this, I think if the error(s) is minor, it's best we leave it alone so long as our name, sex, DOB, Country of Birth, UCI, and Application number are correct.

A couple of months back, someone had their "Become P.R. on" date off by about 5 years, meaning they're primed for their citizenship application right off the bat! Another bloke had his sex changed for him unprompted and gratuitously by IRCC 'cause that's just how progressive Canada is when it comes to that sort of stuff; so, I'd wager that, in term of seriousness, our errors are likely a non-issue. I'd just sign that thing and call it a day! :)
Do an amendment to correct those errors. It easy to do it

Aishaadi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
She said that they don't have processing times for eCOPR ... but said that the application is approved once you receive the portal email unless they find some new information between the portal email and your eCOPR.
hmm standard IRCC response on timelines :)

Dchawla

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Updates

VO: Virtual Landing Unit
1st portal email July 11 and replied same day
2nd email July 12 and uploaded photo same day
eCopr July 15
Waiting for PR card...

Good luck for those who are still waiting
Are u sure it’s the Operation support centre ??????