+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

kafkaesk

Jun 9, 2021
Hello all!
I received my eCOPR on 6/13/2021 (VLU, OSC), however I have not received my PR Card yet.
I need to travel abroad since I haven't seen my family for 2 years due to covid restrictions.
Should I wait for PR Card in Canada or should I travel abroad and apply for PRTD there? Any thoughts?
THANK YOU in advance!

Dchawla

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hello all!
I received my eCOPR on 6/13/2021 (VLU, OSC), however I have not received my PR Card yet.
I need to travel abroad since I haven't seen my family for 2 years due to covid restrictions.
Should I wait for PR Card in Canada or should I travel abroad and apply for PRTD there? Any thoughts?
THANK YOU in advance!
Hi, when did you receive your first portal email?

breezyday

Dec 24, 2020
Instead of thinking negatively, lets have a little competition!

Who is waiting the longest?

May 20'th here, still no e-coPR.
Well today marks the day.

After raising a web form highlighting my anxiety, which was politely declined for incorrect information. I was gifted eCoPR 3 hours later.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel; I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
I think he wouldnt be able to see your post lol, i havent seen him coming back to check this forum. I come here time to time to encourage some ppl here. But probably in few days or a week I will disappear. Its sad at the same time to see how some of us struggled here and moved on our life after copr. Those hardship moments that we went through together LOL. Anyways Happy for them at the same time.
Oh, I'm still here! Just had to take care of certain super serious PR-club-members-only things, if you know what I mean! (;
I’ll probably end up staying on this thread just to help answer questions and balance out what the happy-go-lucky hippies have to say with their unrelenting optimism (with peace and love, hippies!) ;)

I come here daily, hoping to find just this - and finally, HERE IT IS!!! Congratulations @mapple007 !!! You're an embodiment of patience and inner strength. Your wait was graceful, and was such an encouragement for others! Hope you didn't forget to take a look in the mirror as you did vow to when the moment finally came :)
The grin I had on my face was the widest one I've had in ages!! It was almost scary looking into the mirror! Thank you so much for your encouragement and the kindest words, mate! We made it, and now it's time for us to truly rejoice! :D

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
Good to hear that mate. Enjoy your day
Day fully enjoyed for sure! Thank you for your prayer, brother!

Wohoooooo
Can’t be happier.
good news coming for all of us, it’s moving now.
F#%^ yeaaaaaaa
Enjoy your time my guy. You’ve earned ittt.
Happy for you.
Thanks, mate! It's coming your way as well! :D

Believe me, I prayed for all you guys this morning including me... and the magic worked

I literally wanted to see happiness on your face now (LOL).. post your picture Dude :) , tell me where you are and I will fly there for a party LOL....

and Yes, finally the magic happened for me as well and my wait is almost going to end without getting the COPR. I got an email today saying my application is accepted and closed by IRCC and thus my PR cards is mailed. Hopefully I would be the first Person in the history to get PR cards without having the COPR (the correct COPR)
Thank you for the prayer and congratulations to you too, hermano! The happiness really cannot be expressed in words! I'm just flabbergasted, really! After 12 years of being in this country temporarily, the relief I feel and will continue to feel to finally have my roots permanently planted into the Canadian soil is honestly immeasurable and unreal. I'm just beyond grateful, tbh!

Shall your PR card magically appear in your mailbox on a soon-to-come Tuesday as well! ;)

PS: Also, come down to Vancouver, and we will party it out for sure!!

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
Congratulations
Thank you! I hope you get your PR card soon if you haven't already!! :)

Man so happy for you, you are the reason why I was still following this forum to see this day happen for you , welcome to another wait for the PR card
Thank you so much for all the kind words, Mukomana!! Best believe I won't be waiting for this one, mate!! ;) I'm heading out deep into the boonies and enjoying myself some Canadian nature now ;)

Haha PR card : couldn't give a flying f** Lmao.

I wanted to ask you did you email them during this period or raised a web form?
Please let us know. It would help us.

Thanks
I sent them exactly 4 e-mails and raised a couple of web forms. If my observation means anything, let me tell you that this process is beyond your control and is truly random. I just got a response from the web form telling me to check my junk mailbox and that if I still haven't received my credentials, to respond to the initial e-mail again a day after I got my COPR. LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: louloulemon

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
Somone told yesterday that you will get it today.. so there you go. .. congratulations.
Thanks, mate! That someone was a true legend!
Finally... really happy for you. Enjoy the moment. :)
Moment enjoyed, thank you very much! :)
Finally ...A big congratulations to you..enjoy the moment ...waiting for this from long time...
haha! In hindsight, it was all worth the wait! A big thank you, amigo! :)
Big congrats @mapple007 ! Been waiting for your glory day. Time to bask in joy :D
Big thank you's, @IslandgirlSR! Joy fully basked and baked, ready to serve! When can I bring it to the PR-club potluck? ;)

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
I already received my pr card last week but my portal still shows in review. Will it be like that forever?
Wrap the portal and your anxiety up in a neat little box and toss that crap right in the bin! Congrats on your PR card and stop worrying!!!

Reactions: bababa

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
I have wrong original entry date on my eCOPR, sorry if anyone has asked this question 100 times, but should I get it changed or leave as it is?
Haha! Classic IRCC! My COPR also came with a couple of erroneous details, i.e., my height and last entry date are off by 1 CM and 1 day each. I feel like my boi, Immigration Officer Justin N., did it out of spite for my series of annoying Follow-Up e-mails, to be honest.

As far as the consensus goes on this, I think if the error(s) is minor, it's best we leave it alone so long as our name, sex, DOB, Country of Birth, UCI, and Application number are correct.

A couple of months back, someone had their "Become P.R. on" date off by about 5 years, meaning they're primed for their citizenship application right off the bat! Another bloke had his sex changed for him unprompted and gratuitously by IRCC 'cause that's just how progressive Canada is when it comes to that sort of stuff; so, I'd wager that, in term of seriousness, our errors are likely a non-issue. I'd just sign that thing and call it a day! :)