+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

Dchawla

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
I have started to doubt if my MP would be able to help, my VO is VLU OSC as well.
and I definitely think the officers are on vacation.

Regina Phalange

Jul 1, 2021
FYI I had to wait a full day after I got my eCoPR to link my PR card application in CIC. I just used my UCI and last name (like I wrote it in my pr application) and voila.

Hopefully it doesn't take 132 days like the website says.

Qadir Gondal

May 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
AOR Received.
26-08-2019
Within less than 24 hours from my 2nd portal email, I got the eCOPR. Cannot download it yet from GCKey as well as Client portal (I guess it takes few hours/days, not sure) Full timeline in signature below. Still feeling its a dream.
o wow , so quick turn around . Does COPR have picture you uploaded in portal ??

Reactions: phanikiran.kara

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
But it has been 6 weeks.
How can they all go on vacation at the same time
They didn’t and it’s not a single officer working on each case but a team at this stage. Most likely explanation to this is that we just got stuck behind in a system glitch or that the system itself has no forms of chronological order or queue. Our cases have been buried deep below the mountain of new applicants and it is extra work for any one officer to go out of his or her way to dig them up, extra work that they aren’t keen on doing or are in a rush to do as it wouldn‘t positively impact their KPIs.

Reactions: phanikiran.kara

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
I have started to doubt if my MP would be able to help, my VO is VLU OSC as well.
and I definitely think the officers are on vacation.
No, your MP cannot help you and neither can Elizabeth II. According to IRCC, they themselves aren’t doing anything wrong and your case is ”looking good and being processed on a case by case basis, hence the delay”. I’m sorry, mate, but you’ll just have to wait it out with us.

Reactions: Prabh9257

Dchawla

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Your MP has a right to ask questions regarding your application. All they will do is update him on your progress but that also means someone will be looking at your file if at all they have not in a while. Should there be some unjustified delay, they have a right to ask the question directly to the immigration minister. My MPs office asked me to call them again if I did not see progress one month after my initial contact. Luckily IRCC processed and issued CoPR 2 weeks before the 1 month timeline.
Thanks for the hopeful reply, some people on this forum are close to losing all hopes.
gotta stay positive

Reactions: Kevin2020

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
Thanks for the hopeful reply, some people on this forum are close to losing all hopes.
gotta stay positive
It’s not about being optimistic or pessimistic. It’s just simply reality. Just like Kevin said, your MP will tell you to call them again in a month, by which point you’ll get the same answer if your COPR hasn’t been issued. It is just fact that they cannot influence your application. Hope will not get you your COPR nor will it win you a Nobel prize; it is just that, hope. Btw, @Kevin2020, what the MPs have is a privilege and not a right.

IRCC needs to change and it’s just frustrating how many people have to put their lives on pause and risk their future for someone else’s inadequacy.

Dchawla

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
It’s not about being optimistic or pessimistic. It’s just simply reality. Just like Kevin said, your MP will tell you to call them again in a month, by which point you’ll get the same answer if your COPR hasn’t been issued. It is just fact that they cannot influence your application. Hope will not get you your COPR nor will it win you a Nobel prize; it is just that, hope. Btw, @Kevin2020, what the MPs have is a privilege and not a right.

IRCC needs to change and it’s just frustrating how many people have to put their lives on pause and risk their future for someone else’s inadequacy.
Nobody is even trying to contradict you. Putting their lives on pause Lol, my application is a spousal application and my life has been on pause for a year lol.
I understand they need reforms, but I can’t be thinking like that, puts all of us in a bad headspace. I’m gonna do what I can, be it call IRCC, raise Webforms, reach out to the MP.
that’s what I can do. And will keep doing.

Reactions: Majima

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
Nobody is even trying to contradict you. Putting their lives on pause Lol, my application is a spousal application and my life has been on pause for a year lol.
I understand they need reforms, but I can’t be thinking like that, puts all of us in a bad headspace. I’m gonna do what I can, be it call IRCC, raise Webforms, reach out to the MP.
that’s what I can do. And will keep doing.
I know that nobody is trying to contradict me, but it sucks balls for people to tell you to be hopeful weeks after weeks after weeks whilst you continue doing all that you possibly could or can and nothing have or will influence anything.

That’s good that you still feel that way, but giving people false hope makes it worse for many.

Dchawla

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
I know that nobody is trying to contradict me, but it sucks balls for people to tell you to be hopeful weeks after weeks after weeks whilst you continue doing all that you possibly could or can and nothing have or will influence anything.

That’s good that you still feel that way, but giving people false hope makes it worse for many.
You know what else sucks balls ? People telling you “you’re stuck and nothing NOT EVEN ELIZABETH the second can help you”
Everybody is in the same boat and I understand how frustrated you are but I’m in this situation since July 2020. So I’m ready to stay hopeful and do what I can.

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
You know what else sucks balls ? People telling you “you’re stuck and nothing NOT EVEN ELIZABETH the second can help you”
Everybody is in the same boat and I understand how frustrated you are but I’m in this situation since July 2020. So I’m ready to stay hopeful and do what I can.
If you follow immigration news in canada then you should know that questions by MPs and reports by journalists have made stuck cases be completed within 1 day or 2 before and it's quite a few of such cases. The alternative to doing anything about your situation is giving up! If you want what you are going for, keep.doing something and remaining hopeful in every step you take.
You know what, you guys are right. I’m sorry for getting triggered, I’m definitely currently in the wrong headspace you’ve mentioned earlier.
If this whole process has brought me anything, it’s that I’ve added Wrath and Envy to my collection of the deadly sins and have now amassed all 7. I’m ready to see Satan at the lowest level of hell now.

Reactions: Zaluzhna

nage.sai94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
No, your MP cannot help you and neither can Elizabeth II. According to IRCC, they themselves aren’t doing anything wrong and your case is ”looking good and being processed on a case by case basis, hence the delay”. I’m sorry, mate, but you’ll just have to wait it out with us.
@mapple007 you can try MP option once. It worked very well for few of my friends.

Reactions: mapple007