+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

mukomana

Star Member
Mar 19, 2021
Hi i am waiting for COPR. I have a closed work permit that expires on 9th December 2021. My question is that can I apply for a BOWP today (As on today my wp is valid not more than 5months) that is valid from 10 august 2021 (validity of my current work permit will be less than 4 months on 10th August) @mapple007 do you have an idea?
When did you apply, coz at this point you might as well just wait for your eCopr and if it doesn’t come by November then you apply for BOWP

Reactions: mapple007

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Going by the trend that I’ve seen, perhaps this 2nd one was sent out automatically based on a monthly notice the system has.

If my prediction is correct, we will either be receiving the COPR or another first portal email again at the 2 months point.

Edit: my 2-months point is about 10 days away so I will be able to confirm this soon.
aah I’ll take the eCOPR, please and thank you IRCC! Stop sending me more of what I already have:confused:

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
Hi i am waiting for COPR. I have a closed work permit that expires on 9th December 2021. My question is that can I apply for a BOWP today (As on today my wp is valid not more than 5months) that is valid from 10 august 2021 (validity of my current work permit will be less than 4 months on 10th August) @mapple007 do you have an idea?
I would hold off if I was you. You’ll more than likely get your COPR before your current work permit expires. If you apply now, you’ll have to deal with another headache of having to contact IRCC to get a refund on the new work permit extension application. I myself am waiting till the very last day.

Reactions: Prabh9257

Prabh9257

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
I would hold off if I was you. You’ll more than likely get your COPR before your current work permit expires. If you apply now, you’ll have to deal with another headache of having to contact IRCC to get a refund on the new work permit extension application. I myself am waiting till the very last day.
I know man but I need to change the job urgently. There would have been no problem if I would have my COPR.

SUMR

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
No You can't. I am in a similar situation and I asked this question with IRCC since my employer wants me to start my extension.

Response from IRCC is, you cant apply your extension when your WP is more than 4 months valid. If you apply extension now, they will refuse your WP since your PR process is in Progress. So they suggested me to wait until last 30 days of expiry and if I dont get my COPR or PR by then, I should apply for BOWP.

Reactions: mukomana

Dchawla

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi guys got my first email from OSC Ottawa on 26th June, uploaded my photo and submitted my declaration on 30th June, now I’ve been waiting. Had emailed the local MP, they have sent me an authorization form, let’s see how it goes. Been raising Webforms and been replying to the Email but nothing yet. I see all the visa offices, case processing centres working just the VLU OSC ottawa hasn’t moved an inch.

Reactions: gopalk

Prabh9257

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Hi guys got my first email from OSC Ottawa on 26th June, uploaded my photo and submitted my declaration on 30th June, now I’ve been waiting. Had emailed the local MP, they have sent me an authorization form, let’s see how it goes. Been raising Webforms and been replying to the Email but nothing yet. I see all the visa offices, case processing centres working just the VLU OSC ottawa hasn’t moved an inch.
As my dear friend @mapple007 says vlu stands for very lazy unit. Waiting for copr since 27th may

lrennnnnnn

Jul 9, 2021
Wt u r planning to do. Please let me know i am very confused about this. Wt should i do????
Hi, sorry for your situation, but also glad that I'm not alone in this :) I sent an email again today to the portal, also haven't received any responses. Based on my experience, where I got the email and replied about 2 months ago, and none of my emails have even been opened yet, I think it's possible that my response landed in some kind of spam box or something similar. At least this is my best guess.

Here's what I'm planning to do:
- Keep sending responses to the original portal email, but definitely not spamming it to actually end up in spam
- Ask for help directly from the IRCC client portal email address, this is what the agent told me to do today
- Try sending the email with the same subject line ("RE: IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal – ......", so if there's some kind of filter this email is less likely to be blocked) with different personal email addresses, attaching mail track, to see if it's actually an email address issue
- Calling IRCC to inquire about the application status. If they say my application is approved/close to approved, at least that is a bit reassuring
- Keep email contact with IRCC, maybe in the end some agent could be a bit more helpful :confused:

If you could try the same things or come up with other things we can do, that will be great! And please let me know how it goes. Be patient, it's going to be fine, we are so close.

Cultista

Mar 29, 2021
Hi, sorry for your situation, but also glad that I'm not alone in this :) I sent an email again today to the portal, also haven't received any responses. Based on my experience, where I got the email and replied about 2 months ago, and none of my emails have even been opened yet, I think it's possible that my response landed in some kind of spam box or something similar. At least this is my best guess.

Here's what I'm planning to do:
- Keep sending responses to the original portal email, but definitely not spamming it to actually end up in spam
- Ask for help directly from the IRCC client portal email address, this is what the agent told me to do today
- Try sending the email with the same subject line ("RE: IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal – ......", so if there's some kind of filter this email is less likely to be blocked) with different personal email addresses, attaching mail track, to see if it's actually an email address issue
- Calling IRCC to inquire about the application status. If they say my application is approved/close to approved, at least that is a bit reassuring
- Keep email contact with IRCC, maybe in the end some agent could be a bit more helpful :confused:

If you could try the same things or come up with other things we can do, that will be great! And please let me know how it goes. Be patient, it's going to be fine, we are so close.
when you reply to the original portal invitation email, are you replying with the file pdf they sent you attached or no? I would definitely try to send it with no files attached.

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
I know man but I need to change the job urgently. There would have been no problem if I would have my COPR.
If you are currently on a closed work permit, you will still need to wait for the BOWP to be approved before you can work for another company. I still hold this glimpse of hope that you’ll get your COPR before your work permit, so I think your best route is still to hang on just a little bit longer. Don’t worry, I’m here with ya!

Reactions: Kevin2020

DrMack

Jun 13, 2021
Hi - just sharing timeline for PR card..... eCOPR 28th May VO Vancouver, linked PR card application to CIC, received message today that PR approved and posted ....6 weeks to the day. Photo still shows as 'in review' in new PR portal. Good luck everyone, sending the best of vibes for speedy processing to all!

lrennnnnnn

Jul 9, 2021
when you reply to the original portal invitation email, are you replying with the file pdf they sent you attached or no? I would definitely try to send it with no files attached.
Interesting, thank you for your suggestion! I don't see any attachments in my reply email (from what I just googled, "forward" would still include the attachments, but "reply" would only keep the text content). Do you think I should try to compose a new email to the IRCC client portal address directly using the same subject line? Did you have similar experience to this?