Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Once I submit my photo and address in the pr portal, what should I expect? Do they really email you updates or do I have to log in daily to check for movement? Thanks :)
They say they will send you an email there is an update in your PR confirmation portal, but you can always check regularly for updates.
Some people had updates and did not receive their email notifications.. so plan accordingly

jayko92

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
I just dont get it, technically our pr is approved, why bother going through this ecopr.... Can't ppl just go work without the ecopr? its really wasting our time and opportunities...

neel787

Jul 3, 2021
Hello everyone,
I am not sure about my address history details i filled up in PR file. So if i ask the client support service agent will they able to gave me details i filled up in address history?

We_pr

Jun 12, 2021
I won't agree with the second point, I got copr on May 10th through PR Confirmation Portal but still my PR application on GC Key portal is in Submitted. Moreover I have seen somany people with same senerio.
What about you address?
Is it approved?

Regina Phalange

Jul 1, 2021
Pr portal 1st email: received June 26th 6:13am, replied same day at 6:41am
Submitted web form asking for update Jul 5th mid day
Ordered GCMS notes on July 6th at 6pm
Pr portal 2nd email with credentials: received Jul 8th at 12:59 am, completed everything within 30 minutes
Now we wait!
VLU VO
Just received eCOPR! So exciting! Now we wait for the PR card.

Question - my original date of entry is a date that I did enter Canada after a trip, I think it was the first time I left and reentered the country with my student status but not its not the date I came for the first time with my student status. Does that matter?

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
Just received eCOPR! So exciting! Now we wait for the PR card.

Question - my original date of entry is a date that I did enter Canada after a trip, I think it was the first time I left and reentered the country with my student status but not its not the date I came for the first time with my student status. Does that matter?
Congrats! That was quick and I’m glad you don’t need to go through the anxiety many of us have to go through having to wait for months!

No, it doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. Send a webform to let them know if you’d like it corrected. Otherwise, it shouldn’t be an issue at all.

Reactions: Regina Phalange

Regina Phalange

Jul 1, 2021
Congrats! That was quick and I’m glad you don’t need to go through the anxiety many of us have to go through having to wait for months!

No, it doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. Send a webform to let them know if you’d like it corrected. Otherwise, it shouldn’t be an issue at all.
Thank you! I feel pretty lucky, not going to lie. Wondering if the webforms and ordering the notes gave it a push at all. Overall the officer working on my whole application has been pretty speedy so not bad there either.

I'll just let it be honestly, not worth my time. As long as its an actual date I entered Canada I'm good

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
@legalfalcon or anyone in this thread who have had to deal with similar circumstances,

My new passport is approved and my COPR has not yet been issued. Once I receive the passeport within the next few days,
to update IRCC on the web form, what do I select for « type of application/enquiry » ?

What happens if I get the COPR before the new passport ?

Thank you in advance for your insights.

Good news is I won’t have to leave Canada as I will be able to apply for another BOWP now with the new passport, but this has the potential to complicate things to yet another plane of reality. F$#*. I don’t know whether to squeal or cry. F this #h)t.

Last edited:

Melikaaaaaaaa

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
I received My PR card today in the mail :). June 6 I got my COPR , July 3 my application for PR card was approved in my cic account that I had linked my Portal to that, and today July 8 I received the PR card, but still in the portal showy picture is under review but address is approved. Thanks for all the support and prompt responses I really appreciate

Melikaaaaaaaa

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Your PR card is the ultimate document. If they used your photo on it then it was approved. The Portal is no longer valid and will close in 30 days. IRCC is experiencing a lot of delays and updating a portal they will be deleting may be the last of their worry. Shouldn't be a cause for concern to you.
Thank you so much for your response it put my mind at ease :) wish everyone gets theirs soon

Reactions: Kevin2020

SUMR

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
@legalfalcon or anyone in this thread who have had to deal with similar circumstances,

My new passport is approved and my COPR has not yet been issued. Once I receive the passeport within the next few days,
to update IRCC on the web form, what do I select for « type of application/enquiry » ?

What happens if I get the COPR before the new passport ?

Thank you in advance for your insights.

Good news is I won’t have to leave Canada as I will be able to apply for another BOWP now with the new passport, but this has the potential to complicate things to yet another plane of reality. F$#*. I don’t know whether to squeal or cry. F this #h)t.
Dear @mapple007 : I am here the Live Example. I got my new passport and first email almost the same day. I called IRCC the next day and asked if I should update my new passport through webform, their response is "NOT Required" since my application is already approved. Then similar to you, I was also waiting for my eCOPR for almost a month. Since my eCOPR was delayed, I was under the doubt, will this delay is because of my newly renewed passport ? Then I again called IRCC 3 times in different intervals to make sure if I need to submit my new passport. Their response was still "Not Required" so I did not submit my new Passport. This is purely my own personal experience and I got the blank eCOPR towards the end which is a different story.

So bottom line is, you dont have to update your passport according to IRCC as your application is already approved. I would highly recommend to call IRCC the first thing in the morning to confirm this.

• Love
Reactions: mapple007

Lovevirk

Star Member
May 5, 2021
Update:-
AOR 4 April 2021 one dependent
Portal Email 6 July
Credentials 7 July
ECOPR 8 July
Hope everyone will get soon,,,

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
Dear @mapple007 : I am here the Live Example. I got my new passport and first email almost the same day. I called IRCC the next day and asked if I should update my new passport through webform, their response is "NOT Required" since my application is already approved. Then similar to you, I was also waiting for my eCOPR for almost a month. Since my eCOPR was delayed, I was under the doubt, will this delay is because of my newly renewed passport ? Then I again called IRCC 3 times in different intervals to make sure if I need to submit my new passport. Their response was still "Not Required" so I did not submit my new Passport. This is purely my own personal experience and I got the blank eCOPR towards the end which is a different story.

So bottom line is, you dont have to update your passport according to IRCC as your application is already approved. I would highly recommend to call IRCC the first thing in the morning to confirm this.
As always, thank you, SUMR! I guess that also means I won’t technically be able to extend my BOWP if the PR application is technically already approved; that’s why the helpline agent told me to apply to extend my BOWP on paper to buy some time and that I won’t be able to apply online. Not sure if this info is true either given their track record, but I will just call them tomorrow to confirm. Thanks again mate!