+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

jayko92

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
"We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
August 31 and September 5, 2020"

I dont know if they are approving the ECOPR based on this time line. Because my AOR is around that time.

• Wow
Reactions: Regina Phalange

Rohan88g

Star Member
May 22, 2020
COPR June 16
PR CARD MAILED June 30
PR CARD RECEIVED JULY 05

My husband is the principal applicant and his card hasn’t arrived yet. Is this normal?
I am the primary applicant and my photos and address was accepted and approved by Ircc last week and I received my card yesterday. However, my wife’s is still under review.

satya1986

Nov 25, 2020
Hi everyone!

Any idea why the sending of the first portal email can be delayed?

Last Wednesday I had two GUs, and like for many other from my AOR group and the same VO, the agent over the phone confirmed to me that everything was completed. The others received the first portal email on the same day, but until now I haven't received mine yet (whitelisted the domain in gmail, so it doesn't go to spam).

Is there something I can do? I've raised a webform today, but don't expect an answer until next week. I've also ordered GCMS notes on May 28th, still nothing, despite 3 follow-up emails from me since the 30 days response timeframe expired. I feel stuck, and have no way to check what's going on :mad:

@mstefan Please don't get carried away by comparing your case with your friends' cases. Please be patient. It took me a month to get a portal email after all my steps passed. You'll get it soon !!

Reactions: Regina Phalange

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
@mstefan Please don't get carried away by comparing your case with your friends' cases. Please be patient. It took me a month to get a portal email after all my steps passed. You'll get it soon !!
Ok, thanks for your answer.
I'm lacking some basic info about this step.
Was not sure what was the average wait.
Also, I thought it could indicate that something is wrong if I don't receive it rapidly.

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Apart from "Refugee" applicants, Permanent Residence categories you have to apply through the PR Portal are:

1. Agri-Food Pilot
  2. Atlantic High Skilled Program
  3. Atlantic International Graduate Program
  4. Atlantic Intermediate Skilled Program
  5. Rural and Northern Immigration Program
  6. Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
  7. Self-Employed Persons Class
  8. Start-Up Business Class
  9. Quebec Selected Investor Program
  10. Quebec Entrepreneur Program
  11. Quebec Self-Employed Persons Program
  12. In Canada - Humanitarian and Compassionate Considerations

A pretty huge list, basically everything rather than Express Entry which CEC falls under.
AIPP and PNPs are the most common ones that many people get their PR through.

If you had applied for either of the above programs in the past (since it's online though) then you have a PR Portal account and if you apply for anything under Express Entry, you already have the credentials and no need to wait for the VLU. IRCC cannot blame EE applicants for having an account on PR Portal for initiating other immigration streams. Creation of an account is legit.
Of course it’s legit - there’s no question about that. You can create any number of accounts with different email IDs all under your name on that portal and initiate as many PR applications as you want.
The question is about what is the “right” (which itself is a pretty loaded & philosophical word imo) way to go about this when PR confirmation is concerned. My suggestion will always be to follow what the IRCC says - period.
It’s definitely not fair and yes there are people who got their credentials AND COPRs sooner than so many others. But did they get it sooner because they made their own credentials? I doubt that.
As I’ve said before on this forum and others - there is absolutely no rhyme or reason to how IRCC does things during the pandemic (and even before I guess) so if you find something that works for you-go ahead.

P.S.: the PR portal IRCC page says “you cannot create one for yourself” and not “you must not…”;)
I did as well - under a different email id. I submitted my application for spousal sponsorship which was entirely paper based so no option to do anything online through the portal anyways. Thought I’d share

Iamgoodguy

Mar 28, 2021
Ok, thanks for your answer.
I'm lacking some basic info about this step.
Was not sure what was the average wait.
Also, I thought it could indicate that something is wrong if I don't receive it rapidly.
No need to worry buddy! I am waiting for credentials email from June 24th, VO VLU, OSC! What is your VO?

Reactions: mstefan

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
No need to worry buddy! I am waiting for credentials email from June 24th, VO VLU, OSC! What is your VO?
Primary is Montreal, secondary CIO, and no idea which one is my local VO. Could be Etobicoke or Hamilton as I live between those two :/

SUMR

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
The densely expectant wait on the PR Confirmation Portal has finally ended!!!

AOR: Feb., 11, 2021
1st email: May 28
2nd email: June 08 (replied minutes later)
eCOPR: July 06 (09:22 am)
Dependents: 2
VO: VLU- OSC

I am deeply glad, and indeed grateful to all active and very helpful souls on this platform @mapple007 @legalfalcon. Y'all made the wait fun and much less tortuous! And I'm grateful to Canada for the grace of permanent residency in this country.
See I told you... Tuesday Magic worked... (LOL) most of the people who are waiting on May are getting eCOPR's on Tuesdays looking at the pattern including today.

• Haha
Reactions: td88