Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-04-2021
Med's Done....
06-05-2021
I don’t agree with this a 100%.

Only some kind of applications for PR submission are supported through the new portal for ex: refugee status and one other (if I recollect correctly).
Since virtual PR confirmation is a new thing - the guidelines are constantly evolving - in any scenario, it is ALWAYS a good idea to follow IRCC’s recommendations to the letter.

Now there are some people who have had success with using the “forgot my password” trick and others haven’t. No one can say for certain that you should or shouldn’t do this - at the end of the day it is only YOU who should be making the final decision based on what you feel comfortable with.
Otherwise you run the risk of blaming others in case something goes awry - with no means of actually holding them accountable!

Best case scenario, call the IRCC call centre and ask them if this is something they advise (they probably won’t but if they do, you’ll have it in writing on your GCMS notes).

Goodluck to everyone waiting for more info! Hopefully the wait will be over soon
Apart from "Refugee" applicants, Permanent Residence categories you have to apply through the PR Portal are:

1. Agri-Food Pilot
  2. Atlantic High Skilled Program
  3. Atlantic International Graduate Program
  4. Atlantic Intermediate Skilled Program
  5. Rural and Northern Immigration Program
  6. Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
  7. Self-Employed Persons Class
  8. Start-Up Business Class
  9. Quebec Selected Investor Program
  10. Quebec Entrepreneur Program
  11. Quebec Self-Employed Persons Program
  12. In Canada - Humanitarian and Compassionate Considerations

A pretty huge list, basically everything rather than Express Entry which CEC falls under.
AIPP and PNPs are the most common ones that many people get their PR through.

If you had applied for either of the above programs in the past (since it's online though) then you have a PR Portal account and if you apply for anything under Express Entry, you already have the credentials and no need to wait for the VLU. IRCC cannot blame EE applicants for having an account on PR Portal for initiating other immigration streams. Creation of an account is legit.

SUMR

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
open the file with Adobe Acrobat Reader, not the browser. it should not be blank
I tried that too and I tried all the magic, the file is completely blank with just the template and Immigration officer signed on it. I am the first one to experience this problem according to IRCC.

• Wow
Reactions: mapple007

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
AOR: September 2020 (last week)
Portal email (First): May-30,2021
Portal email with Credentials: June-08,2021
e-COPR - 14th June
PR Card Approval: June 28th
Physical PR CARD: July 5th (received in mail)
My PR card approved on 26 june I didn’t receive it yet . Everyone after me got it

td88

Aug 8, 2019
Hi Everyone, I submitted Photo in the portal already. Will they send me the eCopr by email or will it be shown in the PR portal?

bababa

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Portal email (First): May 22
Portal email with Credentials: May 25
eCOPR: May 27
PR card first GU: June 26th
PR Card Approval: July 6th
Hopefully I can get my card by mail soon!!

Reactions: Jasaman

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
Portal email (First): May 22
Portal email with Credentials: May 25
eCOPR: May 27
PR card first GU: June 26th
PR Card Approval: July 6th
Hopefully I can get my card by mail soon!!
Congratulations please let us know when you receive your card . I didn’t get it yet

Reactions: bababa

flipwhip

Jul 6, 2021
I received the portal email on June 21st along with my friend. My friend received the COPR last week and I am still waiting for the credentials email ....
Etobicoke office. Already sent 4 follow - up emails..

sarshar

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-04-2021
Med's Done....
06-05-2021
Canada post being Canada post
Chances are it's being lost even ! I've been through such case with both Canada Post and UPS. they basically dropped the parcel somewhere in street and close the case as delivered. we never found it, they never had an answer.

Reactions: Jasaman