+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
Hi guys I had submitted my pic and address in the new portal a months ago and address was approved but pic under review, 2 days ago I had an update in my cic account that I had linked to portal that my my application for PR card has been approved, but still my pic is under review, do you think now that they have approved my application in cic it means they are going to mail the card
Yes.

esaba

May 29, 2021
My eCOPR was issued by Etobicoke office through portal Feb 19. I called IRCC today and I was told that case went to Sydney and it is sitting there at the moment. Should I be concerned if my case was transferred? Agent seemed pretty confused so I stopped there without any questions further. Similar cases?
I have been waiting since Feb 23. Exact same situation. At this point I don’t even know how to escalate it. The agent on the phone was also super confused when I tried to explain the situation. Please let me know when you receive your PR card. Anyone else in same situation?

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
it's not true, you CAN create and you MUST when you are applying for none Express Entry programs. I did and I got my COPR, please refrain from misinforming readers
I don’t agree with this a 100%.

Only some kind of applications for PR submission are supported through the new portal for ex: refugee status and one other (if I recollect correctly).
Since virtual PR confirmation is a new thing - the guidelines are constantly evolving - in any scenario, it is ALWAYS a good idea to follow IRCC’s recommendations to the letter.

Now there are some people who have had success with using the “forgot my password” trick and others haven’t. No one can say for certain that you should or shouldn’t do this - at the end of the day it is only YOU who should be making the final decision based on what you feel comfortable with.
Otherwise you run the risk of blaming others in case something goes awry - with no means of actually holding them accountable!

Best case scenario, call the IRCC call centre and ask them if this is something they advise (they probably won’t but if they do, you’ll have it in writing on your GCMS notes).

Goodluck to everyone waiting for more info! Hopefully the wait will be over soon

sandy3108

Star Member
Apr 25, 2021
Can anyone please tell me how to enter your place of birth information? Exactly as it is in eCOPR? Because my place of birth in eCOPR hasn't come in full. So do I have to write partial which mention in eCOPR or full name of birth place as of my Passport???

cindy007

May 3, 2021
I got my copr on 25th June. when I try to link my pr application to the GVKEY, I failed. my status in the pr portal is still in review with ircc. does anyone know when is the best time to link the pr application to the GVKEY.

sandy3108

Star Member
Apr 25, 2021
AOR: September 2020 (last week)
Portal email (First): May-30,2021
Portal email with Credentials: June-08,2021
e-COPR - 14th June
PR Card Approval: June 28th
Physical PR CARD: July 5th (received in mail)
Congratulation. Can you please tell me how to enter your place of birth information? Exactly as it is in eCOPR? Because my place of birth in eCOPR hasn't come in full. So do I have to write partial which mention in eCOPR or full name of birth place as of my Passport??? Also which IRCC office approved your application?

HolmesZ

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
My eCOPR was issued by Etobicoke office through portal Feb 19. I called IRCC today and I was told that case went to Sydney and it is sitting there at the moment. Should I be concerned if my case was transferred? Agent seemed pretty confused so I stopped there without any questions further. Similar cases?
For PR cards, all cards should be processed and printed by Sydney NS wherever you got your copr or ecopr, as well as the methods to deliver the personal info. including mailing the photo or uploading the picture.

Chith

May 18, 2021
Congratulation. Can you please tell me how to enter your place of birth information? Exactly as it is in eCOPR? Because my place of birth in eCOPR hasn't come in full. So do I have to write partial which mention in eCOPR or full name of birth place as of my Passport??? Also which IRCC office approved your application?
If you have given the exact date of birth as mentioned in Passport, try entering the same in the portal link request. Though eCOPR doesnt show full city you entered, whatever you entered in your PR application should work fine while linking. I was in same situation, where eCOPR showed half of the city detail but i entered the full city, including comma, as mentioned in passport (which i used in PR application) and it worked fine.

RockyMountainsBC

Jun 24, 2021
Can anyone please tell me how to enter your place of birth information? Exactly as it is in eCOPR? Because my place of birth in eCOPR hasn't come in full. So do I have to write partial which mention in eCOPR or full name of birth place as of my Passport???
You have to enter the same DOB as it is mentioned in passport! don’t go with ECOPR DOB because they cannot write in detail. It shall work.

Oct 30, 2020
Thank you, Not sure exactly what they follow, for myself worked when I enter same as passport entry but dependents did not work what ever I tried. But we all got approved and received same time. Hope this helps.

Not sure exactly what VO, portal mails received from VLU Ottawa.

Reactions: sandy3108

SUMR

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
E-COPR - June 18
PR card approved - July 02 (Friday)
PR card received through mail - July 05 (Monday)

Visa office: Sydney.

Good luck everyone!
When you say PR Card approved on July 02, you mean PR card approved in CIC Portal on July 02 ?

microgoal

Jun 7, 2021
FINALLY received my Ecopr Today!!! Almost 2 months since I submitted my photos and address

Timeline:
May 7 -
PR confirmation portal - Replied the same day
May 8 - Credentials received and uploaded photo in the same day
July 5 - Ecopr
Office: Etobicoke

Patience is the key, good luck guys!