+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
Out of curiosity, those who've waited 3+ weeks for COPR, how does your travel history for the past 10 years or since the age of 18 look like?

I'm wondering if our travel history has anything to do with them taking so long to verify that we're in Canada, and to grant us the COPR.

svk.dec25

Star Member
Apr 13, 2021
Hello @svk.dec25 - When you say PR card application, is it PR application or you have 2 application ? one as PR application and another one PR card application? Please confirm since I have only one application i.e PR application in my CIC account.
Yes, the PR application and PR card application are separate.
After you get your CoPR from the PR card confirmation portal, you can link your PR card application to your IRCC account.
You can google the steps for linking the PR card application to your IRCC account.

Reactions: shantanusingh

Aishaadi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Out of curiosity, those who've waited 3+ weeks for COPR, how does your travel history for the past 10 years or since the age of 18 look like?

I'm wondering if our travel history has anything to do with them taking so long to verify that we're in Canada, and to grant us the COPR.
Waiting since May 28, My last entry was back in April 2019.. also I have very few travel records , don’t think that’s the thing holding up.. it’s just our officer taking a nap

freon

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Thank you I replied from my dependent mail as well and got the login credentials immediately. not sure if replying from all dependents makes any difference, but at-least in my case it worked.
It probably did

freon

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Hi,
I am still not very clear how to reply these details, If I choose option A, we are total 4 applicant (Myself, my wife and my two kids below 18)

After this point, it has below statement.
"In your response, for yourself and for each member of your family, copy and
paste this template and fill in the information (*verify passport for the dates and
location):

 Name:
 UCI:
 Email (as set out in this message):
 Original entry date:
 Date of last time entered Canada:
 Location(Port of Entry):"

If I want to choose option A should I reply it from email with four times copy paste of above and all having same email address?
And what should be the subject of the email?

Really apricate a response on this.
Yes, that's what I did. I didn't amend the subject and just hit reply.

SUMR

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021

@mapple007 , There is nothing to do with Travel History as it is part of Background verification which is already completed. looking at below thread, we are not the only one who are suffering...
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/timeline-after-submission-on-the-new-pr-confirmation-portal.713804/page-32

The delay is basically based on where our visa's are processed. I know a person who took the email format from me in this forum and send email to IRCC and received eCOPR in 5 days, where as I am waiting for almost a month.

Not sure which part of Canada you are in... if you are somewhere near to GTA area in Ontario, I am assuming your file would have forwarded to Etobicoke who take their own sweet time to process the application at their leisure. This is again my assumption only, based on how I have seen the thread through this forum.

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
@mapple007 , There is nothing to do with Travel History as it is part of Background verification which is already completed. looking at below thread, we are not the only one who are suffering...
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/timeline-after-submission-on-the-new-pr-confirmation-portal.713804/page-32

The delay is basically based on where our visa's are processed. I know a person who took the email format from me in this forum and send email to IRCC and received eCOPR in 5 days, where as I am waiting for almost a month.

Not sure which part of Canada you are in... if you are somewhere near to GTA area in Ontario, I am assuming your file would have forwarded to Etobicoke who take their own sweet time to process the application at their leisure. This is again my assumption only, based on how I have seen the thread through this forum.
Nope, I’m not with Etobicoke. I’ve got my GCMS notes after the portal account was created and it’s written on the notes that, in my case, this new clusterfucked portal is exclusively handled by Very Lazy Unit, Operating Slowly Centre.

Previously, the application processing itself was entirely handled by an officer at CPC-Ottawa (eligibility, criminality, security, and info sharing).

Have you ordered your GCMS notes and received it by any chance? My theory’s still that those of us waiting since May are unfortunately placed in the dreaded “CN COVID GROUP”. With CN likely standing for “Care? Not-a-fucking-chance!”.

Reactions: aroycanada

Aishaadi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Nope, I’m not with Etobicoke. I’ve got my GCMS notes after the portal account was created and it’s written on the notes that, in my case, this new clusterfucked portal is exclusively handled by Very Lazy Unit, Operating Slowly Centre.

Previously, the application processing itself was entirely handled by an officer at CPC-Ottawa (eligibility, criminality, security, and info sharing).

Have you ordered your GCMS notes and received it by any chance? My theory’s still that those of us waiting since May are unfortunately placed in the dreaded “CN COVID GROUP”. With CN likely standing for “Care? Not-a-fucking-chance!”.
I had my gcms generated on May 27 ( 3 days after initial email ), it had a mention of Copr document and print queue etc. when I spoke to call Center , they said the file is now with Ottawa cpc.. I don’t understand if VLU Job ends after portal credentials are created or VLU is supposed to confirm our declaration and issue copr. According to call Center it’s the officer at Ottawa VO

Reactions: mapple007

aagraw

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Guyz, i have one basic ques. I got my ecopr on 21st June. Before that I was on closed work permit which is valid until next year. After ECOPR, I applied for permanent SIN and got it from service canada. Do I need to change my health card also or I can just continue using it until next year and during renewal provide COPR as immigration document?

mukomana

Star Member
Mar 19, 2021

dead by VLU abbreviation