+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

AkshayG

Sep 29, 2020
Party!!! My anxious wait comes to an end as I received my eCOPR on this Saturday. Good to see IRCC working on weekends.

AOR: Oct 18, 2020
1st email: June 11
2nd email: June 17
eCOPR: June 19

This forum was so motivating. Thank you guys for all the valuable information. I wish good luck to all of you waiting for eCOPR. Hope you will get it soon!!!

Jun 19, 2021
Hi folks. I received my first PR confirmation portal email this morning and replied straight away. Do you think it’s enough to just include the city as a port of entry? I wrote “Vancouver” (instead of Vancouver International Airport). Should I resend my email or it’s fine?

iam_abhisnair

Star Member
Jun 20, 2021
Hi folks. I received my first PR confirmation portal email this morning and replied straight away. Do you think it’s enough to just include the city as a port of entry? I wrote “Vancouver” (instead of Vancouver International Airport). Should I resend my email or it’s fine?
You should be totally fine. They will add the complete Airport name in your COPR. You don’t need to resubmit the email.

jayko92

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
this is retarded. They have already blown my mind.
OSC stands for Operations Support Centre. Look at the signature of the first e-mail you received. If it came from OSC, you will likely have to wait a bit longer than most. If it came straight from CPC-Ottawa, it’ll likely be a shorter wait. Your AOR is also in 2020, which likely means a longer wait than most. There seems to be a correlation between AOR date and how long it takes, with priority strongly given to 2021 AORs.

To be completely honest with you, there’s not really any observable trends. If you stay on this thread long enough, you might really see how random and unfair this whole process is, so I recommend what Kevin recommended: Set aside 2-3 months from now and go do something fun instead of just waiting for the sake of your mental health.
why aor 2021 are given the priority?

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
I don’t think it’s their official policy, but it’s likely that they are expediting some of the recent applications in a desperate attempt to bring down the average processing time.
I think “some” would be quite an understatement. Going by what’s posted on this thread, the majority of COPRs being issued within the past month have been for 2021 applicants. I haven’t tallied all the cases on here, but the ratio sure feels like 80/20.

I’m on the last straw when it comes to this. My passport and WP expire next month, and if I don’t get my COPR by then, I’ll be saying goodbye to this beautiful yet painfully and bureaucratically flawed country for good.

mukomana

Star Member
Mar 19, 2021
I think “some” would be quite an understatement. Going by what’s posted on this thread, the majority of COPRs being issued within the past month have been for 2021 applicants. I haven’t tallied all the cases on here, but the ratio sure feels like 80/20.

I’m on the last straw when it comes to this. My passport and WP expire next month, and if I don’t get my COPR by then, I’ll be saying goodbye to this beautiful yet painfully and bureaucratically flawed country for good.
Next week will not pass without you getting it , mark my words

• Love
Reactions: mapple007

CECApril

Oct 22, 2020
@PSpharwaha @NewDestination @alexbi
It looks like they are only prioritizing 2021 but one of my friend had April 2020 AOR first email 28may and second one June 7 and she got coPR this past Friday.
I was also looking at other threads and they called someone to confirm if they are in canada and sent coPR same day. Phone person also told that they are clearing backlog.
Lets just pray..

aaadddiiiiiiii

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
i heared some people talking about linking an application after receiving ecopr . can someone plz explain what that means ? and how and why to do that ?

omoyeaa

Jan 21, 2020
Yeah honestly the process is kind of random and you kind of have to go with it, unlike many of you who are express entry I’m under inland spousal sponsorship and applied since November 2019 and after a long wait I’m finally at the last stages which is also taking a long time but all we got to do is watch and pray.

Reactions: mapple007