+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

Cheema07ajashan

Apr 15, 2021
unexpected!!! Went to nearest service canada location to get my new SIN as I have to start a new job. She refused to give me one. She wasn’t convinced with printed and signed ecopr, she said she wants an original document mailed from the government. Tried my best to prove that they donot mail that anymore coz of covid and showed her it in my email sent by ircc too. She asked me to apply online and wait. UNBELIEVABLE!

chinkeeblood

Aug 17, 2016
Just wondering at what point does the address will not be accepted? Or is it always accepted? Does it has to be the same with your address when you submitted your PR application if you are an inland applicant.?

just kind of confuse because we just moved, though I have access to the mailbox from where I used to live but of course it will be more convenient if the Pr card will be mailed to my current address.

hope someone can enlighten me. Thank you

Reactions: J20190911
Jun 15, 2021
Does anyone know how soon will they reply when I found my given name was wrong in this confirmation portal. I replied to this email, but not getting replies. I called IRCC, they told me they can’t do anything as they can’t see the creator who set my portal account. Everything in my CIC account is correct, but the given name is portal is wrong. UCI number in portal is right.

andreynitro

Jan 4, 2019
Sir,

I got wrong org entry date on COPR,

should I get this changed or not?
will I be needing COPR after PR card in future?

and will webform work for this? Or what is document amendment, did CIC told you that they will not change COPR and they will issue verification of status?
If I send documents to cic, do you know any idea how long will they take?
I’m worried for this wrong date on eCOPR, please help me
hey. It’s up to you to decide if you want to amend it or not. I decided to fix everything. It’s free so why not to make it accurate. The only tI’ve COPR would be required is during citizenship application. Current wait times are 6 months but it doesn’t matter, citizenship application is 2-3 years away so I don’t care if is 4,6, or 7 months. Everything is described here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5218-request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

Reactions: Baban0074

Harvey_Specter

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Just wondering at what point does the address will not be accepted? Or is it always accepted? Does it has to be the same with your address when you submitted your PR application if you are an inland applicant.?

just kind of confuse because we just moved, though I have access to the mailbox from where I used to live but of course it will be more convenient if the Pr card will be mailed to my current address.

hope someone can enlighten me. Thank you
Not sure about why address would get rejected but I guess it would be better if you update your current address with ircc. If there is absolutely no chance, you can opt for mail forwarding through Canada post

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
unexpected!!! Went to nearest service canada location to get my new SIN as I have to start a new job. She refused to give me one. She wasn’t convinced with printed and signed ecopr, she said she wants an original document mailed from the government. Tried my best to prove that they donot mail that anymore coz of covid and showed her it in my email sent by ircc too. She asked me to apply online and wait. UNBELIEVABLE!
You can do online. I got mine in a week

nage.sai94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
hey. It’s up to you to decide if you want to amend it or not. I decided to fix everything. It’s free so why not to make it accurate. The only tI’ve COPR would be required is during citizenship application. Current wait times are 6 months but it doesn’t matter, citizenship application is 2-3 years away so I don’t care if is 4,6, or 7 months. Everything is described here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5218-request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html
It Won't take 6 months. Just write letter of urgency. They will take it right away. And also you will receive the amendment document in mail in 2 to 3 weeks.

Reactions: Baban0074

andreynitro

Jan 4, 2019
It Won't take 6 months. Just write letter of urgency. They will take it right away. And also you will receive the amendment document in mail in 2 to 3 weeks.
Haha already sent it w/o this letter.. but doesn't matter - this mistakes are minor and not even present on PR card so i'm ok..

nshar2111

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
How do you guys know your VO?
I don't see anything mentioned about VO in any of the emails I received from IRCC.