+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

Ron13

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
Lol the only solution for you, and you are lucky because it is the best one, it is to apply for a work permit right now.

Worst case scenario you will get a refund as soon as they give COPR.

Trust me, they DO NOT want to work on two cases and your case is missing a small very small tiny detail, so I wouldn t be surprised if they give you COPR as soon as they see your WP application.
Unfortunately, this is not how they work. The WP application could be handled by a different VO/Officer than the one holding your CoPR. Although the Officer issuing WP can see that you're almost at the finish line, but he/she won't have the authority to act on it since the CoPR job is assigned to another officer.

- As explained to be my my lawyer.

CECApril

Oct 22, 2020
I noticed they are issuing ecopr to last year applicants mostly.
I am April 2020 AOR photo submitted June 7 and still waiting.
Should I do something to remind them that it’s 14th month of CEC AOR.
Just can’t wait anymore

Slim1991

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Unfortunately, this is not how they work. The WP application could be handled by a different VO/Officer than the one holding your CoPR. Although the Officer issuing WP can see that you're almost at the finish line, but he/she won't have the authority to act on it since the CoPR job is assigned to another officer.

The officer of your WP will see that you are in the finish line in the other part, the PR part, and like in any work environment, will send an email to the officer taking care of your PR.
It is not a question of having authority or not. It is just a matter of putting your application, that is in the middle of thousands of other applications, in the spotlight.

This is also what my lawyer told me. Applying for WP will move waves in your part, waves that you need because again, their queue is long and your application is one of many, you make it stand out by doing that. People do ATIP requests for this reason as well, but each strategy has its own right time to do, I really feel that in your case, a WP application could be the way to go.

Did you do a GSCM notes request? If not, do that first, if you want, because the officer will have to open your case to let the notes be sent to you.

SUMR

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Is there anything else that could be done for your case? maybe hiring a lawyer?
Lawyer will charge few thousand $s and towards the end he will get the same response as we what we get today, OR while the lawyer is trying to figure out what should be done to this case... we might end up getting eCOPR.

Chinmay8888

May 31, 2021
I haven’t yet received credentials for my new Pr portal account since May 17 th.they have created account for my email address but didn’t share password.

Reactions: J20190911

deepa786

Jun 6, 2021

same here i m waiting since 1st june but they issue me wp on last thursday see how clever they are they just need money thats all

Reactions: Ron13

Dani@123

Star Member
May 14, 2021
Yes, submited the photo on June 11th and now it seems a long waiting for ecopr
I am waiting eCOPR from 10th June, what are your VO?

Also what is your application status in CIC portal applcation?

For me it still says Eligbility in review, Background in review even after the Portal Credentials, is it similar for you as well?