+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

chunga

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
I believe that you're in Ontario. If so, there are legal ways to terminate your tenancy early (one month); such as assigning the lease or subletting your place; Refer to this link https://www.cleo.on.ca/en/publications/moving/legal-ways-move-out-early

I personally was about to move out from my place in Toronto few months ago and the landlord agreed to shorten the minimum leave notice as long I take care of finding the new tenant (which is very simple thanks to Kijiji & Facebook market)

On the other hand, you can always use a friend address to receive your card while abroad if you have to travel before getting the pr card.
Thank you. I think I should just wait till get the card because I'm going to stay abroad long term...

chunga

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Waiting for PR card for 2 months... anybody else like me?
I called IRCC and the agent said he only knows what I see on the gc keys.

123ganda

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
Med's Done....
04-03-2020
As per processing times on the cic website, processing first time PR card will take 125 days/more than 4 months? (im assuming this is before covid happen) I am also waiting for my PR card but I am not going to travel anytime soon or I don’t think I will need it for the next few months. I know other people get their cards after few days or a week? Lucky them! but I guess we’ll just have to wait. As last time that I emailed and called IRCC they said they are “prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from travel restrictions” I have no clue what they are prioritizing anymore as they are so slow in processing.

chunga

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
I've been waiting for PR card for two months and I saw GU today.
Application/Profile Updated. and I don't see any message or change on GC Keys/ New portal
Is this mean my card went to production? :)

student777

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Application/Profile Updated. and I don't see any message or change on GC Keys/ New portal
you can call IRCC to ask about the status of your application.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I got a GU around 2.5 weeks before my card got approved in my IRCC account. So far that’s the only GU that I received.

Reactions: chunga

chunga

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
I got a GU around 2.5 weeks before my card got approved in my IRCC account. So far that’s the only GU that I received.
Thank you!!
Can I ask you if you got any message in gckeys when it was mailed?
And was your photo in review until you get the card?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thank you!!
When it got approved, a message showed up saying
We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

It will also show PR card expiration date which is 5 years from the day it got approved.

photo is in review still on PR confirmation portal, even though it’s been more than a month since I got my PR card.

chunga

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
When it got approved, a message showed up saying
We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

It will also show PR card expiration date which is 5 years from the day it got approved.

photo is in review still on PR confirmation portal, even though it’s been more than a month since I got my PR card.
Thank you soooooooo much!! It's really helpful :)

Canada2020newPR

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
Thank you!! I just went through your posts in the past. It's very helpful.
I guess you already got the answer ..it’s just matter of time you will have Pr card in your mailbox in 2 weeks