+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

Datt123

Mar 6, 2021
Hi all,

I called ircc today and my pr card is in production... what does that mean? My photo got rejected on 6th march... anyone have same problem?

chunga

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
I know nobody can give me a clear answer for this but...
I've been waiting for a PR Card since Jan 26.
Let's say it will take like maximum because I was unlucky.
I'm planning to go back to my country in May. (If I get PR Card before then)
Do you think I still can give two-month notice to my landlord now?
I don't want to be homeless and still be waiting the card in May LOL
But I assume that it won't take longer than 4 months to get the card...
What do you think?

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
I know nobody can give me a clear answer for this but...
I've been waiting for a PR Card since Jan 26.
Let's say it will take like maximum because I was unlucky.
I'm planning to go back to my country in May. (If I get PR Card before then)
Do you think I still can give two-month notice to my landlord now?
I don't want to be homeless and still be waiting the card in May LOL
But I assume that it won't take longer than 4 months to get the card...
What do you think?
I believe that you're in Ontario. If so, there are legal ways to terminate your tenancy early (one month); such as assigning the lease or subletting your place; Refer to this link https://www.cleo.on.ca/en/publications/moving/legal-ways-move-out-early

I personally was about to move out from my place in Toronto few months ago and the landlord agreed to shorten the minimum leave notice as long I take care of finding the new tenant (which is very simple thanks to Kijiji & Facebook market)

On the other hand, you can always use a friend address to receive your card while abroad if you have to travel before getting the pr card.

evilskater

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
My eCOPR was issued on February 11th but the COB was incorrect. I have emailed them 3 times and spoke to an agent. Anyone have any luck getting errors on their eCOPRs amended or did it affect their cards.

Afraid my card is going to arrive with the wrong citizenship on it. I also need the card very shortly for a job.
I sent an email to the officer handling my case (same person who sent the request for portal credentials)
Then called CIC.. they said my info was corrected.. but I don’t known if my PR card will have the new info or the old one...
My name, COB and POB are wrong...

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
I sent an email to the officer handling my case (same person who sent the request for portal credentials)
Then called CIC.. they said my info was corrected.. but I don’t known if my PR card will have the new info or the old one...
My name, COB and POB are wrong...
i have mailed multiple times to the officer but they never responded, this is the only way to get it corrected now. Will do it soon. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
HI Everyone...I received my CoPR through email today..as per the instructions in the my CoPR; I need to send my photos through mail..
Based on responses in other threads; it seems PR card processing time I higher for this option (i.e.mail) compared to the PR confirmation portal.
Any idea if it is possible for me to share my photos through this PR portal??

student777

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
HI Everyone...I received my CoPR through email today..as per the instructions in the my CoPR; I need to send my photos through mail..
Based on responses in other threads; it seems PR card processing time I higher for this option (i.e.mail) compared to the PR confirmation portal.
Any idea if it is possible for me to share my photos through this PR portal??
You can’t unless they ask you to do so.

student777

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020

Hanu1992Ganu

Jan 12, 2021
I have not received my PR card yet. Still in submitted status. I am travelling to my home country on 28th, will there be any issues in my return. Is it possible for my friend to send it to my country once they recieve it in mail here. I am so confused and worried