+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

sukh_01

Jan 29, 2021
I understand from IRCC agent when I called regarding whether I should extend my visitor visa while waiting for COPR to be issued. Her advice is better for me to extend and get an implied status because with restore status, I’ll not be able to grant a virtual landing and issue with a COPR. Hope that help. So when you get your PR application approved and COPR issue, then you just cancel your visa extension .
[/QUOTE
sounds informative,thanks

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Have you folks noticed that the recent approvals have all been eCOPR sent by email or uploaded to the MyCIC portal? I bet this portal is a huge failure because these IRCC slackers are probably having a hard time navigating around the portal due to them not being tech savvy. As someone who works in tech, I see the sheeps preferring to do things its own way, no matter how inefficient and tedious the process is. Just speculating, maybe this is IRCC officers’ way of showing their rebellion against this system. I mean it’s more work for them rather than having to do a telephone, email, or in-person interview; unfortunately, we are the ones getting screwed.

Sohailshkh

Jan 19, 2021
@legalfalcon can you help me with this i have received confirmation portal and have declared i am in canada uploaded photo and my work permit will Be expiring in a month from now. Is it possible to leave the country at this moment?? or do i have to wait until I receive the copr?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon can you help me with this i have received confirmation portal and have declared i am in canada uploaded photo and my work permit will Be expiring in a month from now. Is it possible to leave the country at this moment?? or do i have to wait until I receive the copr?

If you leave the country, then technically you will not be in Canada and will need to apply for a PRTD. If you can wait, just wait until you receive your COPR, and your submit the photo for the PR card.

If you have to leave, then you can. Ideally, to become a PR based on your PR portal, you have to be in Canada until the COPR is issued to you.

Reactions: Sohailshkh

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Have you folks noticed that the recent approvals have all been eCOPR sent by email or uploaded to the MyCIC portal? I bet this portal is a huge failure because these IRCC slackers are probably having a hard time navigating around the portal due to them not being tech savvy. As someone who works in tech, I see the sheeps preferring to do things its own way, no matter how inefficient and tedious the process is. Just speculating, maybe this is IRCC officers’ way of showing their rebellion against this system. I mean it’s more work for them rather than having to do a telephone, email, or in-person interview; unfortunately, we are the ones getting screwed.
I noticed that too. There’s a small subset selected to go through the portal and the rest are getting their eCOPRs just fine. They could’ve used the portal to submit photos for PR card, that’s it and issued eCOPRs in the IRCC account. That way, more people would be able to get the PR status right away and lessen the unopened mails of photos in IRCC’s mail room.

Reactions: indianstudent96

Sohailshkh

Jan 19, 2021
If you leave the country, then technically you will not be in Canada and will need to apply for a PRTD. If you can wait, just wait until you receive your COPR, and your submit the photo for the PR card.

If you have to leave, then you can. Ideally, to become a PR based on your PR portal, you have to be in Canada until the COPR is issued to you.
Thank you. One more thing suppose i left the country after that i have to come back so i have to apply for PRTD while coming back as my TRV will be expired? Can we apply it from outside the country?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Krish121089

Aug 20, 2019
You are right. There must be some glitch in the portal. Since its new and may fail to pop up to the agent again after we upload everything. To file a petition we need to know how many got portal credentials and how many got eCOPR through it.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
You are right. There must be some glitch in the portal. Since its new and may fail to pop up to the agent again after we upload everything. To file a petition we need to know how many got portal credentials and how many got eCOPR through it.
It’s hard to get a number but it is safe to conclude there are more people waiting here for their eCOPRs than folks who actually got their eCOPRs through the portal. I really don’t mind starting a petition myself. One user here has been waiting for 6 weeks after uploading their picture and address. I on the other hand have been waiting for more than 2 months since my application was approved. I am pretty sure there are others like me. They shouldn’t be taking 2 months to issue a piece of paper that takes maybe 3 minutes to draft with a template they already have.

yosupa

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
My spouse got her copr yesterday for spousal sponsorship inland application.
Portal access was granted on Jan 3rd
Photo uploaded Jan 5th
Copr Feb 2nd

anyone knows how long for or card to be mailed in?
Is the Photo approved? That seems to be another blocker created. So track the photo approval stage. Once photo it approved within a week you should have the PR Card is what I understand.

Reactions: sal239