+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR cards using UPS

linhbui

Nov 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

I got my COPR through the Express Entry program. The COPR expires in late March, so my husband and I have booked flights for the end of February. We are not ready to move permanently yet, so we plan to stay in Canada for 1-2 months only.

I checked on IRCC website and the average amount of time to receive the PR cards for new immigrants is 61 days, but some people on this forum have reported longer waits. This means we might not receive the PR cards during our short stay in Canada.

I also read that you can use a UPS rental service in which a UPS store can receive the cards and send them to your home country; and that a UPS store's address looks like a residential home address so it won't be an issue.

Can anyone confirm if this information is correct? Has anyone used UPS for receiving PR cards? could you share your experience?

Many thanks!

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
never heard of such a program. Is it not to risky to use a third party to handle your PR cards? what if it gets lost?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
never heard of such a program. Is it not to risky to use a third party to handle your PR cards? what if it gets lost?
Many people use third party service to courier their PR cards. If lost, they would need to get a replacement.

Reactions: linhbui

linhbui

Nov 28, 2018
I'm not sure about UPS, but my husband got his PR card in 30 days.
Thanks for your reply. I have been able to get a friend of a friend's address in Vancouver and they are willing to courier the cards to my home country. What a relief!

holygrail15

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
Thanks for your reply. I have been able to get a friend of a friend's address in Vancouver and they are willing to courier the cards to my home country. What a relief!
were you able to receive your PR card in your home country thru the courier? thank you