+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR card

Gravity

May 18, 2010
My estatus shows only my Canadian address for the last 15 days. today called CIC. they I will get PR card 1 week of sept.

Humber2014

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2014
Nomination.....
26-01-2015
Med's Request
13-03-2015
Med's Done....
Rec'd 28-04-2015
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
LANDED..........
14-06-2015
That's great news Gravity.

When did you do your landing?

Gravity said:
My estatus shows only my Canadian address for the last 15 days. today called CIC. they I will get PR card 1 week of sept.

quebec2013

Aug 27, 2013
I landed on 3 August 2015 at Toronto and came back on 11 August my ECAS status is showing Complete but no 5th line and Canadian address is this normal how long it will take to change my Canadian Address and getting 5th line in ECAS.

Mimi2015

Aug 25, 2015
quebec2013 said:
I landed on 3 August 2015 at Toronto and came back on 11 August my ECAS status is showing Complete but no 5th line and Canadian address is this normal how long it will take to change my Canadian Address and getting 5th line in ECAS.
Do you know in this case when you have to go back to Canada to be on the safe side regarding the residency obligations? Cause I have heard that one should return after six months and no longer than that . Plz reply as my case is similar to yours thanks

quebec2013

Aug 27, 2013
Mimi2015 said:
Do you know in this case when you have to go back to Canada to be on the safe side regarding the residency obligations? Cause I have heard that one should return after six months and no longer than that . Plz reply as my case is similar to yours thanks
[size=10pt]Appendix A: Residency obligation[/size]
Minimum residency obligations

You must meet the residency obligation to obtain a Permanent Resident Card.

If you have been a permanent resident for five (5) years or more

you must have been physically present in Canada for a minimum of 730 days within the past five (5) years.
If you have been a permanent resident for less than five (5) years

you must show that you will be able to meet the minimum of 730 days of physical presence in Canada within five (5) years of the date you became a permanent resident.

Here is official link for residency obligations :http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#appendixA

[size=10pt]To be eligible for Canadian citizenship,[/size] you must have been physically present in Canada as a permanent resident for at least 1,460 days in the six years immediately before the date of your application. You must also have been physically present in Canada as a permanent resident for 183 days in each of four calendar years that are fully or partially within the six years immediately before the date of your application.

When calculating your time in Canada:

only the six (6) years immediately before the date of your application are taken into account;
only days you were physically present in Canada after you became a permanent resident count;
any time spent in Canada before you became a permanent resident does not count;
if you became a permanent resident less than six (6) years ago, your calculation period starts on the date you became a permanent resident;
time spent serving a sentence for an offence in Canada (e.g. prison, penitentiary, jail, reformatory, probation and/or parole) cannot be counted toward residence - there are some exceptions.

For citizenship here is the link: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do;jsessionid=00A31665F565D5A5E607BE463BD54E7C?redir=faq#Q1

iwannasee

Aug 7, 2013
If anyone received the PR card recently can you please update when you landed and when you received the card?

My landing time is June 16 and still waiting, it's getting close to the 80 days mark.

Also another question - I submitted my application inland so the CIC should always have my Canadian address, I guess that means I don't have to worry about the address change issue? I see a lot of people discussing that in this thread.

Thanks!

Highheels35

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
If anyone received the PR card recently can you please update when you landed and when you received the card?

My landing time is June 16 and still waiting, it's getting close to the 80 days mark.

Also another question - I submitted my application inland so the CIC should always have my Canadian address, I guess that means I don't have to worry about the address change issue? I see a lot of people discussing that in this thread.

Hi, I also landed in June 8th, 2015. my e case status has been changed to Canadian address. I have 80days of stay here ;today. NOT YET RCVD PR Card. Upon calling CIC they informed methat I will rcv the card in 2nd week of September.
yes there is no need to worry about ecase address change - it will be done automatically if u have GIVEN the address on yur entry to CA.

graeme75

Aug 16, 2013
Landed 25th of May 2015 - as of 27 August, still no PR card (90 days, estimate says 80 days)
I was granted PR status (I can see it on the system).

I have a Canadian "Home Address" on CIC system (relative's home where I will be based) which I provided on landing.
My "Mailing Address" on the CIC system from when it was being processed however is my immigration lawyer's address, also in Canada.

I returned to the UK to finish up some personal things in June, which are taking longer to sort than expected. Currently in UK.

Do CIC send the card to the Home Address or the Mailing Address? Anyone know?
Thanks

(I'm reluctant to go on to CIC to change my Mailing Address, as it seems to only want you to do that if you are moving within 3 weeks)

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They send them to the mailing address provided upon landing.

graeme75 said:
Landed 25th of May 2015 - as of 27 August, still no PR card (90 days, estimate says 80 days)
I was granted PR status (I can see it on the system).

I have a Canadian "Home Address" on CIC system (relative's home where I will be based) which I provided on landing.
My "Mailing Address" on the CIC system from when it was being processed however is my immigration lawyer's address, also in Canada.

I returned to the UK to finish up some personal things in June, which are taking longer to sort than expected. Currently in UK.

Do CIC send the card to the Home Address or the Mailing Address? Anyone know?
Thanks

(I'm reluctant to go on to CIC to change my Mailing Address, as it seems to only want you to do that if you are moving within 3 weeks)

Highheels35

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
70---80-----90 days !

people have so much to do in their lives .......emergencies, weddings, birth, jobs, realstate ........so many matters to deal with, I m also affected 81 days no PR CARD I also have to leave and reenter Canada . my mother is sick. I feel so BAD. I wander WHEN we all will get the cards?

CICOtawa

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Highheels35 said:
70---80-----90 days !

people have so much to do in their lives .......emergencies, weddings, birth, jobs, realstate ........so many matters to deal with, I m also affected 81 days no PR CARD I also have to leave and reenter Canada . my mother is sick. I feel so BAD. I wander WHEN we all will get the cards?
You can get a Travel Document

victoryincanada

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
14 feb 2014
IELTS Request
celpip submitted
Med's Request
pre medical
Med's Done....
June 2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to land
Highheels35 said:

Hi, I also landed in June 8th, 2015. my e case status has been changed to Canadian address. I have 80days of stay here ;today. NOT YET RCVD PR Card. Upon calling CIC they informed methat I will rcv the card in 2nd week of September.
yes there is no need to worry about ecase address change - it will be done automatically if u have GIVEN the address on yur entry to CA.

Landed on 2nd June....Still Waiting...but today my wife got her PR card..but myself and my daughter yet to get ...

Humber2014

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2014
Nomination.....
26-01-2015
Med's Request
13-03-2015
Med's Done....
Rec'd 28-04-2015
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
LANDED..........
14-06-2015
Hi everyone,

Last night my mailing address disappeared from ECAS. Prior to that my ECAS had both home and mailing address which are the same.

Anyone experienced this or knows what it means?

I landed June 14.