waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, but here goes:

I am a PR (since 2017), got married in Ontario, to a Canadian. I am a Polish citizen. Ontario gives the option to assume the name of my husband after we get our marriage certificate (I need to present it and then get new driving license and health card) - that's what I want to do.

I also want to register the marriage back in Poland which, once I do, obliges me to change my name there and get a new passport issued in that name. I am assuming that I need to change my name also on my PR card to match the new passport, right? Or can I travel with my new passport, old passport, old PR card and a document confirming my name change in Poland?

I've read instructions on the immigration website but a few things are unclear to me. Since I won't be legally changing my name in Ontario (as that is a different process from assuming my husband's name) but I will be changing it in Poland, can I assume that I will be following the guidelines given on the immigration website for ppl who changed their name outside of Canada? The instructions are a bit vague as to whether I need to submit documents such as a marriage certificate issued by a Canadian institution that show my name after the change (which I won't be able to do since I won't be changing my name legally (the only way certificates can be issued under changed names), but assuming it and using and living under it and have my IDs changed to reflect that) or only those that pertain to my change of name in Poland.

Also, it seems that the application form does not include the option to state I am applying for a new PR after name change (just renewal or replace a lost or stolen card)?

And finally - does anyone know what is the wait time for a new card?

Thanks!