+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR Application - After cancellation of the first PR Application

Mocktingbird

Mar 22, 2019
Hello All,

Please I need help.

This is my first time here and my first post.

I am in need of a guidance for submitting a new PR application, and Here is my story:

I have a LMIA and a Work Permit from December 2017.
This year (after one full year of work), I applied to the PR for the first time, and two months later it got cancelled for invalid police certificate(turned out the certificate I uploaded was not the one they requested).

Now in the section of the proof of work experience out side of Canada, I've uploaded reference letters from previous employees. here is the thing - I have modified the name and the dates on these reference letters (because they mentioned my name wrong). With these modified reference letters. I got the LMIA and Work Permit (I am no sure if the reference letters are needed for LMIA or Work Permit as a proof of work experience).

Now I need to apply again for the PR from scratch. My questions are:
1. Should I upload the same reference letters as a proof of work experience (as I uploaded them for the LMIA and WP and first PR application). OR I should upload the original ones with a typo in my full name ?

2. When Processing the new PR Application, Do they check the first cancelled PR App ? and compare the documents that were uploaded for the first PR app and the new uploaded documents for the new PR app ?

I really appreciate any kind of help

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can't modify reference letters. If dates and names are wrong, you need to ask your employer to provide a new reference letter. If you modify the reference letters yourself, IRCC will likely classify this as fraud.

Yes - IRCC retains data for refused applications and there's a risk they may compare documents submitted.

Reactions: Mocktingbird

Mocktingbird

Mar 22, 2019
Thank you so much for the quick response,

What advice would you give ?

to take the risk and apply again with the same reference letters from previous work (jobs outside of Canada) or to take the risk and apply with the original reference letters ?
btw I lost contact of my previous employers so I am not sure I would be able to ask them to correct my name.

Thank you again