+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Portal Vs Old Portal

wil123

Mar 8, 2022
Hello everyone..I am having same issue. I used the old portal to apply in January and only biometrics received up to date. Should I apply again with the new portal ? Please help.
What does the background check and eligibility status showing you ?

Baywestfair

Feb 18, 2018
What does the background check and eligibility status showing you ?
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information

• Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

I am just looking for a link to the new portal so I can be sure if I use the old one or the new one. It's so confusing. Please help.

banerjeea

Aug 8, 2021
Hello,

I have submitted visit application for my parents and sister through the old portal on Dec 10 2021. For my Parents it will be renewal. They both have US and other country visas and have visited me several times in Canada.
Now the issue is that I didn't know about the new ircc portal. My sister already received Bio-metric request and her bio-metric has also been updated on the GC Key portal. I also saw a Ghost Update two days back against all three applicants.

In their applications, they have attached the vaccination cards as well.
Does it matter if this application is on the OLD PORTAL? Does anyone faced the same situation?
my husband applied through old portal on 16th Aug 21. biometrics done on 1st October 21.which is shown on the portal.
however till date no news. the staus says under process when we check the site.

banerjeea

Aug 8, 2021
They are currently the same. Via GCKey one can apply any type of application while the new IRCC they are stream lining some limited type applications to make the system more responsive. Also the new IRCC portal has more online forms, where you do not upload so many forms and instead just fill the same information on an online form. This also provides you a more case specific document checklist, but limited capacity of 2MB only. This increases the processing time unlike the GCKey where you have country specific generalized checklist and one can upload various supporting documents upto 4MB ea.

I haven't tried the new portal yet but it sounds amazing and easier for the visa processing offices. Obviously, the new system calls for answer within 14 to 30 days but it all depends on the number of applications in system. Remember, actual processing starts only after bio-metrics.
Hi
Would be grateful if you could share the link for the new portal. thanks a lot

sventhedog

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
I'm renewing so it's more convenient to use the old portal since I'm already used to it and being able to save the forms means you can consult those as guide on filling out the current forms.

Dr_Dentalo

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
A quick question.... I'm a PR and applying for my mom's visit visa through the new ircc portal.
The portal is not asking for any invitation letter, proof of relationship, or PR card it's asking for her national ID document, passport, and employer letter (from Canada), no more documents were required. Is that normal? I didn't say she will be working ?????

sventhedog

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
A quick question.... I'm a PR and applying for my mom's visit visa through the new ircc portal.
The portal is not asking for any invitation letter, proof of relationship, or PR card it's asking for her national ID document, passport, and employer letter (from Canada), no more documents were required. Is that normal? I didn't say she will be working ?????
Good day. We're on the same boat but there's an invitation letter section on my IRCC portal.

poojahegde

Apr 12, 2022
Anybody got ppr or refusal who applied through new Ircc Portal? I have been asking many people but no one has applied through new ircc Portal. I am bit worried about it now.

abk74

Nov 26, 2020
Anybody got ppr or refusal who applied through new Ircc Portal? I have been asking many people but no one has applied through new ircc Portal. I am bit worried about it now.
Hi I applied through the new portal for my parents in June 2022 and I have received a refusal for them in Oct 2022. What is your status as of now?

Ivanco

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Hi I applied through the new portal for my parents in June 2022 and I have received a refusal for them in Oct 2022. What is your status as of now?
Which country did you applh from and what were their reasons for refusal

abk74

Nov 26, 2020
Which country did you applh from and what were their reasons for refusal
I applied from India and the reasons were:
1. The officer was not convinced that my parents will be returning back
2. The tenure of their stay was inconsistent with that of a temporary stay visa
3. The purpose of their visit was inconsistent with that of a temporary stay visa

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hi Everyone, I'm not sure if it is the right forum, I wonder if there is a way to move a study permit application from the old portal to the new portal? one of my cousins applied through the old portal and I saw on the IRCC website that it says study permit applications MUST be submitted on the new portal. thanks for any help.

TiniTan28

Star Member
May 9, 2022
Hi Everyone, I'm not sure if it is the right forum, I wonder if there is a way to move a study permit application from the old portal to the new portal? one of my cousins applied through the old portal and I saw on the IRCC website that it says study permit applications MUST be submitted on the new portal. thanks for any help.
You can't move it, the two portals are not connected. You have 2 options: withdraw the application and reapply, or just stay with the GCkey, and wait for their answer.

I'm also concerned about what ircc said that only EE, WP ... must be done with GCkey, but Study permit and visitor must be with the new portal. But I feel uncomfortable with the new portal.