+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PGWP Extension Policy 2023 // Question

peru_camus

Nov 24, 2021
Hello, everyone

I hope I can het help here.

I applied to the last year PGWP extension the IRCC provided. Now, this year they released another extension. I hired a lawyer to do the process for the 2022 extension. As for last week, the lawyer got an email that I am eligible to apply for this new extension. Apparently the email was in reference of my original PFWP but not the new one we got approved last year. My original work permit expired on August of 2022, and the new permit will expire on June of 2024.

My question is. Am I eligible to apply for this new PGWP extension policy?

The policy indicates that "Effective April 6th, 2023, Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) holders whose work permit has expired or will expire in 2023, may be eligible for an open work permit extension. This measure also applies to those eligible for the previous PGWP extension, whose status was set to expire between September 20, 2021, and December 31, 2022"

If I apply for this new extension having a valid work permit until June 2024, will I get the 18 months approval? I am unsure if IRCC sent the email knowing that I already applied to the extension last year.

It would be helpful to have some answers on this. I appreciate it.

Thanks,

Thind1951

Apr 11, 2023
Hello, everyone

I applied to the last year PGWP extension the IRCC provided. Now, this year they released another extension. I hired a lawyer to do the process for the 2022 extension. As for last week, the lawyer got an email that I am eligible to apply for this new extension. Apparently the email was in reference of my original PFWP but not the new one we got approved last year. My original work permit expired on August of 2022, and the new permit will expire on June of 2024.

The policy indicates that "Effective April 6th, 2023, Post-Graduation Work Permit duck life (PGWP) holders whose work permit has expired or will expire in 2023, may be eligible for an open work permit extension. This measure also applies to those eligible for the previous PGWP extension, whose status was set to expire between September 20, 2021, and December 31, 2022"

If I apply for this new extension having a valid work permit until June 2024, will I get the 18 months approval? I am unsure if IRCC sent the email knowing that I already applied to the extension last year.

Thanks,
Based on the information provided, it appears that you may not be eligible for the new PGWP extension policy. The policy states that it applies to PGWP holders whose work permit expired or will expire in 2023, or to those eligible for the previous PGWP extension whose status was set to expire between September 20, 2021, and December 31, 2022. Since your current PGWP does not expire until June 2024, it may not fall under either category.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Based on the information provided, it appears that you may not be eligible for the new PGWP extension policy. The policy states that it applies to PGWP holders whose work permit expired or will expire in 2023, or to those eligible for the previous PGWP extension whose status was set to expire between September 20, 2021, and December 31, 2022. Since your current PGWP does not expire until June 2024, it may not fall under either category.
I have received email from IRCC to opt for pgwp extension
My pgwp expires in 15 July 23

But when I got my ircc account i can't find opt-in option?

So i chose
Come to Canada option and then work permit extension, my application is created and it's asking for imm5710e from and some documents.

Am I doing the right thing?

Can someone help please?

peru_camus

Nov 24, 2021

So i chose
Come to Canada option and then work permit extension, my application is created and it's asking for imm5710e from and some documents.

Can someone help please?
I hope this link helps. How to opt in to a simplified process to get a post-graduation work permit - Canada.ca

I do not see the opt-in on my account because I did not apply for the extension the first time. Hope I could help more.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

So i chose

Can someone help please?
As I read through various posts, seems that option is only available if you have linked your previous PGWP to your GCKey. I suggest you link your earlier application and then most likely that option should appear. Good Luck !

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
As I read through various posts, seems that option is only available if you have linked your previous PGWP to your GCKey. I suggest you link your earlier application and then most likely that option should appear. Good Luck !
I will try
The mail i received has my pgwp number and details and it has come on my new email which is linked to my current gckey

niyayesh

Jun 2, 2022
Hello, everyone

The policy indicates that "Effective April 6th, 2023, Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) holders whose work permit has expired or will expire in 2023, may be eligible for an open work permit extension. This measure also applies to those eligible for the previous PGWP extension, whose status was set to expire between September 20, 2021, and December 31, 2022"

Thanks,

niyayesh

Jun 2, 2022
Hello,
I am in the same situation as well, My PGWP will expire June and i got the same Email, I am so confuse cause some Lawyers said i am eligible to apply and some said I am not. did you get any update?

Singh1996

Jul 4, 2023
Hello, everyone

Thanks,
Hey. Did you apply for the extension? I'm also in the same boat. My pgwp expires March 2024. I was also eligible for the previous extension. I've heard that if your original pgwp had expired between sept 2021 and dec 2023 you are eligible for this pgwp extension too!
Is this true?

Deepika2556

May 4, 2021
Hello everyone,
I am on open work permit as a dependant under my wife and she is on PGWP. And our permits are getting expired on June 2024. Do we get extension ?

vik@18

May 31, 2021
Hello, everyone

Thanks,
Hey, did you get the extension under new WP extension policy 2023?