+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PGWP Extension (Opt-in): email confirmation?

sairayasmin

Jul 12, 2023
Hey @sairayasmin - thanks for replying. No I'm not covered in public policy. I'm just thinking about ways I can get a little more extension after my application gets refused..any ideas?

Can I apply for the same work permit the second time? Are there any implications? I know I'll get refused again, but I'm trying to buy a little more time (about a month) because my bonus payout($$) is in those dates.
As I Said yes you can apply for restoration and new work permit after this one gets refused but since you will lose your implied status and interim work authorization you can not work legally anymore. But you can stay until a decision has been made on your 2nd application.
Please read this : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

If you want to keep working and maintaining your status I would suggest getting a Lmia or enrol in an institution and apply for a study permit. Also check your express entry scores by giving ielts. If you have one year of experience then you might be able to get an ITA. You can consult any renowned rcic agent to get a solution here. Spend about 150cad to get a consultation before you submit another application and pay around 300.