+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

new permanent resident card is severely delayed

jiangzhou

Jul 14, 2014
Hi guys:

my family landed on 12th May,2014. my wife went to China urgently. now she needs her permanent resident card to return Canada. 60 days passed, we just got our son's RP card. status of both of us are still in the processing stage. the CIC calling center have put a note to the processing center 10 days before. anyone who can give me an ideal of how long we can get our PR card. if the waiting time for the PR card needs 30 days more, it better to apply a travel document for my wife now.

Risk taker

Jun 10, 2014
Hi there.

I landed on April 8, 2014. My card was issued on June 25 and received it thru mail first week of July. I hope yours will come soon. Just keep waiting and try to call the cic sometimes. I called them almost every week . Good luck!!!

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
jiangzhou said:
Hi guys:

my family landed on 12th May,2014. my wife went to China urgently. now she needs her permanent resident card to return Canada. 60 days passed, we just got our son's RP card. status of both of us are still in the processing stage. the CIC calling center have put a note to the processing center 10 days before. anyone who can give me an ideal of how long we can get our PR card. if the waiting time for the PR card needs 30 days more, it better to apply a travel document for my wife now.
When is your wife returning? You might as well start your travel document application in China just to be safe, because it is peak season for visa processing, it might take up to 1-2 months.

jiangzhou

Jul 14, 2014
Risk taker said:
Hi there.

I landed on April 8, 2014. My card was issued on June 25 and received it thru mail first week of July. I hope yours will come soon. Just keep waiting and try to call the cic sometimes. I called them almost every week . Good luck!!!
thank you! last week the cic Call center have left a message in the processing center, this morning I called cic again they said so far everything is OK in my file but no reply from the processing center yet.

jiangzhou

Jul 14, 2014
jimmy1829 said:
When is your wife returning? You might as well start your travel document application in China just to be safe, because it is peak season for visa processing, it might take up to 1-2 months.
think you for your suggestion.

according to the processing time of travel document, a new application will not get any first response at least for 4 weeks. and the application needs to send the passport of applicant. we hope my wife can get her PR card within next month. we are a little angry about cic.my wife made her schedule based on the processing time of cic. we never suppose it will be delayed so much. you know the cic said they process the new PR card is around 35 days, for us it is total 65days have passed we did not get any reply yet.

anyway thank you jimmy1829

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
jiangzhou said:
think you for your suggestion.

according to the processing time of travel document, a new application will not get any first response at least for 4 weeks. and the application needs to send the passport of applicant. we hope my wife can get her PR card within next month. we are a little angry about cic.my wife made her schedule based on the processing time of cic. we never suppose it will be delayed so much. you know the cic said they process the new PR card is around 35 days, for us it is total 65days have passed we did not get any reply yet.

anyway thank you jimmy1829
Actually 4 week of processing time might not be entirely true. My wife got her travel document in three days. She asked for urgent processing though. Hope this will help.

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
jimmy1829 said:
Actually 4 week of processing time might not be entirely true. My wife got her travel document in three days. She asked for urgent processing though. Hope this will help.
In Beijing by the way.