+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Pathway vs Express Entry

undeadPanda

Mar 18, 2021
Some background first. I have received an ITA and I am waiting on a single document before I submit my application.

But, with the announcement of the new pathway to permanent residence, I was wondering if I should apply for PR through the new pathway in case it's more likely to get me PR. I would qualify under the New pathway to PR for post-secondary graduates (My advanced diploma was 3 academic years).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The timelines and application process for the new pathway has not even been publicized and finalized. If you have an ITA, it is probably faster but others may weigh in.

Reactions: undeadPanda

undeadPanda

Mar 18, 2021
The timelines and application process for the new pathway has not even been publicized and finalized. If you have an ITA, it is probably faster but others may weigh in.
Right, I guess I should be more patient for details. Thanks for the reply!

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Some background first. I have received an ITA and I am waiting on a single document before I submit my application.

But, with the announcement of the new pathway to permanent residence, I was wondering if I should apply for PR through the new pathway in case it's more likely to get me PR. I would qualify under the New pathway to PR for post-secondary graduates (My advanced diploma was 3 academic years).

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Highly recommend you to proceed with your existing ITA, instead of waiting for the program which is not yet streamlined and finalized.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Not recommended to raise the stake, ITA already does not guarantee PR in any path.
You'd rather proceed with a Bird in hand

GL