+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New pathway to permanent residency international graduate question

Orostacus

Sep 18, 2018
Hi, I recently got my music arts diploma which is a 2-year program and now I'm on PGWP, I have 2 questions:

1.- I'm on a part-time job in what is considered a NOC-D, is this a problem if I want to apply? considering the next requisite:

+Be employed in Canada with a valid permit or authorization to work pursuant to the Act and Regulations at the time the application for permanent residence is received and must not be self-employed, unless working as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority. The employment must meet the definition of work under subsection 73(2) of the Regulations;

2.- Does my diploma meets the requirements?

one or more diploma/certificate/attestation where the following conditions are met:
  • For diplomas/certificates/attestations, each program of study must be at least 8 months in duration and the combined length of the credential(s) must be equivalent to a two-year credential (at least 16 months in duration).
I believe the answer is yes for that, but it's better to be double cautious when it comes to PR stuff...

Thank you in advance.

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Yes you can work part time or full time it doesnt matter in what NOC code, and yes you are eligible with your 2 year diploma as long as you are on post grad work permit which I see you are. I am in the same boat as you are, the problem lost of us have right now are ielts general results, where a lot of us dont have new results yet and we will have to wait for a month or two to get these.

Orostacus

Sep 18, 2018
Yes you can work part time or full time it doesnt matter in what NOC code, and yes you are eligible with your 2 year diploma as long as you are on post grad work permit which I see you are. I am in the same boat as you are, the problem lost of us have right now are ielts general results, where a lot of us dont have new results yet and we will have to wait for a month or two to get these.
Yeah, seems like the English certification requirement is the big stone in the shoe. I'm going to call every single school in town to see if I can find a spot ASAP. Most pages are collapsed or adapting to the huge wave of applicants. Hopefully, there will be closer dates to choose from (?).
I also hope the government takes notice of this and becomes more flexible about the certification as they did with the biometrics letter in the past.

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Yeah, seems like the English certification requirement is the big stone in the shoe. I'm going to call every single school in town to see if I can find a spot ASAP. Most pages are collapsed or adapting to the huge wave of applicants. Hopefully, there will be closer dates to choose from (?).
I also hope the government takes notice of this and becomes more flexible about the certification as they did with the biometrics letter in the past.
I know :( it sucks for us! They shouldnt have this rule for people like you and me becuase we studied and graduated here and we already had to do our academic ielts. I got mine booked on 26th of June, I am angry I didnt book it earlier. I was just browsing on ielts and it seems that most of it is booked or as you say they are working on the web sites. Yes I hope they will give us time, to gather all the documents. I wish you all the best, because as former international students we really do deserve our chance to get PR's.

Martusik

Feb 28, 2021
I have a question. do you know exactly which documents we need, Are there any specific forms we need to fill in.?
I have my transcript and post-graduate work permit, what else I need? I work full-time too, do I need a letter of employment (I'm not an essential worker)?

Thanks a lot in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a question. do you know exactly which documents we need, Are there any specific forms we need to fill in.?
I have my transcript and post-graduate work permit, what else I need? I work full-time too, do I need a letter of employment (I'm not an essential worker)?

Thanks a lot in advance
We don't know. The full details aren't available yet.

MoikFisher

Mar 18, 2019
Hi members,
I am working as part time associate in Walmart. I have all the other requirements related to IELTS, education, work permit etc. Considering my employment in Walmart as part time Ecommerce associate, am I eligible to apply? I have met the other conditions of this stream including ielts, work permit etc
Thank you for your guidance

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi members,
I am working as part time associate in Walmart. I have all the other requirements related to IELTS, education, work permit etc. Considering my employment in Walmart as part time Ecommerce associate, am I eligible to apply? I have met the other conditions of this stream including ielts, work permit etc
Thank you for your guidance
Do you have IELTS "General" ?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Bonus if you are a good user of French, then you don't have to worry about intake caps. :D

lumoxmaxima

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
there are 2 public policies from CIC. One is for essential workers and the other one is for international students.
I am not an essential worker and i graduated from a canadian college in 2019 (international student).
I currently work in a full time job for 2 years under the same company but different titles. 1st year title was under NOC C and second year title is under NOC A.

1) For this program, does our NOC matter ? There are some NOC jobs listed on the website but not all the NOCs are there.
2) Do we need to complete our 1 year full time work experience or we can apply as long as we are employed from any NOC ?
3) In order to be eligible, does our job's NOC code needs to be in the list? My NOC is not in the list and i am non-essential worker

I have all my ECA, Ielts, and canadian post grad diplomas from 2017-2019 and i am currently employed full-time.

Am a eligible for this program ?

bryndog1950

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
there are 2 public policies from CIC. One is for essential workers and the other one is for international students.
I am not an essential worker and i graduated from a canadian college in 2019 (international student).
I currently work in a full time job for 2 years under the same company but different titles. 1st year title was under NOC C and second year title is under NOC A.

1) For this program, does our NOC matter ? There are some NOC jobs listed on the website but not all the NOCs are there.
2) Do we need to complete our 1 year full time work experience or we can apply as long as we are employed from any NOC ?
3) In order to be eligible, does our job's NOC code needs to be in the list? My NOC is not in the list and i am non-essential worker

I have all my ECA, Ielts, and canadian post grad diplomas from 2017-2019 and i am currently employed full-time.

Am a eligible for this program ?
On the basis of the criteria announced so far, it appears you would qualify as an international graduate.
https://www.canadavisa.com/pr-pathway-for-graduates.html#gs.yfpys9

lumoxmaxima

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
On the basis of the criteria announced so far, it appears you would qualify as an international graduate.
https://www.canadavisa.com/pr-pathway-for-graduates.html#gs.yfpys9
Hello and thank you for your response!

If i am eligible for this new policy, i will apply to this. However, i have another question about education.
The program says;
one or more diploma/certificate/attestation where the following conditions are met:
  • For diplomas/certificates/attestations, each program of study must be at least 8 months in duration and the combined length of the credential(s) must be equivalent to a two-year credential (at least 16 months in duration).
I have 2 post grad certificates from centennial college. Each program was 1 year and i did two. I have marketing magement for 1 year and Marketing research & analytics for 1 year also which granted me a 3 year pgwp already.

While the policy says "combined length must be equivalent to a 2 year credential at least 16 months", I am eligible for this since i have 2 (1+1) post grads ?

Another question, can i book and have my medical exams before creating the profile?

Thanks a lot!!