+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New passport from my home country while waiting for oath

nsm12889

Mar 7, 2013
Hello there!

I've just visited my home country and I had to get a new passport since it's expiry date is due less than 3~4 months.
My oath is in next week, I've tried to find something relevant, such as updating new passport, in the CIC site but I couldn't.

Would there be a problem?

Oh one more thing, while I was in Korea , I forgot to bring my landing paper ......... I was stupid to take it there in the first place
but I've found some recent threads mentioning it's not as important as it used be? Can anyone confirm that please?

Thanks a lot!

Happygolucky_again

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Hi,
Getting a new passport while waiting for oath is not a problem.....You should be okay.

I would suggest that you need to get the landng papers back from korea as soon as possible. You need it for your oath ceremony. Also, some consulates like India need your landing papers for providing services even when you become canadian citizens. I am not sure if Korea has the same rules...

nsm12889 said:
Hello there!

I've just visited my home country and I had to get a new passport since it's expiry date is due less than 3~4 months.
My oath is in next week, I've tried to find something relevant, such as updating new passport, in the CIC site but I couldn't.

Would there be a problem?

Oh one more thing, while I was in Korea , I forgot to bring my landing paper ......... I was stupid to take it there in the first place
but I've found some recent threads mentioning it's not as important as it used be? Can anyone confirm that please?

Thanks a lot!