+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New passport for visitor visa stamping

am2018

Oct 2, 2018
Hi,
We had applied for my visitor visa for my mother in law before few months. Meanwhile her passport expired and we got a new passport for her. We just received her approval and we need to now send the passport for visa stamping. Since the passport number is now different than the application passport number, would that create any issues during stamping?

mdkboss

Jun 21, 2022
Hi,
We had applied for my visitor visa for my mother in law before few months. Meanwhile her passport expired and we got a new passport for her. We just received her approval and we need to now send the passport for visa stamping. Since the passport number is now different than the application passport number, would that create any issues during stamping?
Hi, I am in the same situation. Could you please tell me what you did? You got your visa stamped on new passport? My son has new passport and I sent the new passport for stamping.

fad0805

Sep 13, 2019
Hi,

Hello, my sister is in the same situation. Please how did you resolve this? Did you have any issues with getting the new passport stamped? Thank you.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello, my sister is in the same situation. Please how did you resolve this? Did you have any issues with getting the new passport stamped? Thank you.
Just send the new and old passports together.

Common sense, IRCC is not going to affix a visa in an expired/invalidated passport.