+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New passport / Current valid visa stamped on OLD passport

luckysingh

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Canada
Hello Seniors,

Need an advise if we can apply for a renewal of super visa as the current visa stamped on old password which is valid until Jan2019 but my dad got a new passport with 10-year validity. My parents planning to visit in Dec 2018 but I don't want their visa to run out during their stay as we may plan to visit the US as well.

Please advise if high commision would entertain the request for granting of new visa before the current visa expired? Wouldn't that be an issue with entering Canada with valid visa on an old/Cancelled passport?

you advise and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Need an advise if we can apply for a renewal of supervisor as the current visa stamped on old password which is valid until Jan2019 but my dad got a new passport with 10-year validity. My parents planning to visit in Dec 2018 but I don't want their visa to run out during their stay as we may plan to visit the US as well.

Please advise if high commision would entertain the request for granting of new visa before the current visa expired? Wouldn't that be an issue with entering Canada with valid visa on an old/Cancelled passport?
There's no renewal process for a TRV or a super visa.

Your dad must travel with both passports. How long he is allowed to stay will depend on the officer he meets at the POE. He can apply to extend his authorized stay.

After they leave Canada, at the end of their visit, your dad would need to apply for a new super visa from scratch