+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New: Online Citizenship Application

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Just a note, it seems that the online portal was updated yesterday (March 2, 2021), hopefully they fixed some issues that prevented some people from applying.

Also, January/February 2021 online applicants report their updates in the corresponding threads (unlike December 2020) :)

Reactions: 8494193

annushaveta

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Hi everyone. Can anyone tell me the process of submitting online application for citizenship.

What type of scanned documents we need for online submission?

I appreciate for reply. Thanks

sl512

Sep 21, 2017
Hi everyone. Can anyone tell me the process of submitting online application for citizenship.

What type of scanned documents we need for online submission?

I appreciate for reply. Thanks
Online application is almost exactly the same as paper application (and needs the same scanned documents), the only difference I could see are photo requirements (needs to be digital + photographer information), and the tax section no longer asks "required to file Y/N" (only "taxes filed Y/N").

Rakit

Apr 2, 2018
for the online application I have read someone was advising that they are requesting the receipt with photos is it correct!

sakshigupta

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Hello everyone. I am eligible for online citizenship. But I am currently in India. My question is can I apply for the citizenship while I am in India? Or do I have to be in Canada to do that. If I can, what is the date of return that I should enter in the physical calculator say if I’m applying on May 13,2022. Your help will be highly appreciated