+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New OCI for American Citizen in Canada (dual citizen holder)

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wondering if anyone has gone through a similar experience

1. Minor Applicant
2. American by birth
3. Canadian by naturalisation

Already holds OCI on American Passport

Questions :
1. If holding multiple passports, can one apply for multiple OCI based on each passport at the same time?
2. Has any one gone through a similiar situation and and experiences to share ?
3. BLS website mentions, if birth certificate outside of india, needs to be endorsed by US embassy in canada. has any one gone through this ?

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

PS: I am looking for opinions, experiences etc to make up the direction to go. So even if you have an opinion, please share.

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

1. Minor Applicant
2. American by birth

Questions :
1. If holding multiple passports, can one apply for multiple OCI based on each passport at the same time?
3. BLS website mentions, if birth certificate outside of india, needs to be endorsed by US embassy in canada. has any one gone through this ?

PS: I am looking for opinions, experiences etc to make up the direction to go. So even if you have an opinion, please share.
1. No you can't apply for multiple OCIs at the same time. Its like having multiple valid passports or driving licenses at the same time. Not possible. Instead, what you need to do is update this information using the OCI miscellaneous services and update the information about your child's new citizenship.

2. I haven't gone through this but I have read a little bit about the process. Take a look at these links =>

https://ociservices.gov.in/capchaActionMisc

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ocimisc.php

3. No personal experience.

You might have better luck getting a proper response if you post the question in the already existing OCI thread instead of opening a new one.

OCI thread => https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
It’s not fine. Just because you said so. This is not the right place.
Oh, so its not fine just because you say so ? That kind of attitude won't get you too far. If you have a problem, take it up with the mods. If you don't get a response, realize that that's how things work and try to understand how the forum works, at least a little bit. Good luck with that.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I very well know how these things work. You don’t have to teach everyone. Also in the other post you said I don’t own the forum neither do you. So shut the fuck up
Yeah, people like you... You're not the first and certainly won't be the last. In my 6 years here, I have seen quite a few people who fall under your category. Like I said, take it up with the mods. If you can't do that, mind your own business, look for the information you came for and STOP COMPLAINING.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Also I don’t have free time like you to keep replying and posting day and night. Go get a job.
LOL. Funny to think about how the people you know would describe you :p . Anyway, whenever you feel up to it, you can stop complaining. I am no longer responding to your degenerate comments. But I do wish you luck to get better.

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Also I don’t have free time like you to keep replying and posting day and night. Go get a job.
@rajkamalmohanram He’s helping others although he became a citizen a while ago you nasty piece of shit. Clearly you can’t do that but you got no mother fricking right to abuse him. Who the fuck do you think you are, c*•k sucking shit @Flyboyyy

canhyd3008

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
07-Oct-2014
Med's Request
13-Nov-2-14
Med's Done....
06-Dec-2014

1. Minor Applicant
2. American by birth

Questions :

Why do you even bother to take another OCI on Canadian passport? As you are not going give his/her US Citizenship just when travelling to India carry the US passport.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram He’s helping others although he became a citizen a while ago you nasty piece of shit. Clearly you can’t do that but you got no mother fricking right to abuse him. Who the fuck do you think you are, c*•k sucking shit @Flyboyyy
Well, don't bother @jackbauer . Its a waste of time talking to excuse of a human being like the OP.

The OP said this "Also I don’t have free time like you to keep replying and posting day and night. Go get a job.". While the OP doesn't have time to assist people, s/he has the time to write racist and inappropriate posts.

Don't waste your time and energy on the OP anymore. You know what they say, empty vessels make much noise and what's the other one, oh yeah, barking dogs seldom bite :) !

Last edited:

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
What is wrong with with this guy. Why would anyone complain with someone trying to help someone.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017

1. Minor Applicant
2. American by birth

Questions :

as Raj said, all you need to do is update the passport information on the OCI site and maybe update the photo. No need of applying for a whole new OCI.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Why has this flyboyy person not been banned yet?

@rajkamalmohanram is one of the finest posters that this forum has ever had. The language being used in this thread is unacceptable.
What is wrong with with this guy. Why would anyone complain with someone trying to help someone.
This type of thing is bound to happen from time to time :) . Oh well, it is what it is, I guess. Tried to explain it to the OP a few times but nope. Doesn't even attempt to understand. So, I let it go. No point in wasting any more oxygen on the OP.