+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New my passpoart (Canadian) before applying PR sponsoring to my wife (Malaysian)

infoseeeker

Jul 15, 2010
Hello there,

first of all, a warm greeting to you all and a thank you to everyone who helped me with advice on getting a visitors visa to have my wife visit Canada. Now we are planning our PR sponsorship process. We are taking it slow trying to do this properly and will be posting many questions. One thing that I would quickly like to ask is about my passport. My current Canadian Passport is due to expire next year in May 2012, however, I only have a few places for stamps left. I estimate, that I can probably travel only 3 more times before all the pages are full.

Since our plan is to complete the forms for the PR application within the next two months and submit it, would it be recommended for me to just renew my Canadian passport now and then start the PR sponsorship? I'm in Singapore and there is a High Commission of Canada in the CBD area which I can go to. Not sure if they have to send my application back to Canada or not before they can issue me a new passport.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You don't need to - it is the applicant's passport that is more important.