Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Hi everybody!

would like to start this new topic asking everybody what is your experience about being asked to do new medicals. officially after 1 year the medicals officially expire. Is everybody asked to redo them? or there are cases when they don't ask you for that?. If you have been given AIP for example are you more or less likely to be asked to redo the medicals? Did it happen at the very end of the process of the application? What's your experience about it? I applied inland and 1 year hasn't passed yet but mine is a curiosity, also because i haven't seen many topics about this subject. Please share your experiences!
By the way i think it is pretty unfair that they last only 1 year especially when for inland applications the average processing time is 15 months....it s like saying spend 200 dollars just for nothing and then spend another 200 later....

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inland app' medicals can be, and are sometimes extended.
FWIW This rarely happens to outland medicals.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Baloo i like the sentence below the elephant in your profile. usually the best advisers are the ones that have the most experience. we learn languages having been abroad, we are good at a job because we have done it for years and we are good at consulting with immigration because we passed through it. everything is experience. studying a language for example brings you nothing unless you are thrown in a country where nobody speaks your language. after 6 months you are perfectly fluent, without the need for any school or grammar book. that's what i think....

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Inlandappl said:
Hi everybody!

would like to start this new topic asking everybody what is your experience about being asked to do new medicals. officially after 1 year the medicals officially expire. Is everybody asked to redo them? or there are cases when they don't ask you for that?. If you have been given AIP for example are you more or less likely to be asked to redo the medicals? Did it happen at the very end of the process of the application? What's your experience about it? I applied inland and 1 year hasn't passed yet but mine is a curiosity, also because i haven't seen many topics about this subject. Please share your experiences!
By the way i think it is pretty unfair that they last only 1 year especially when for inland applications the average processing time is 15 months....it s like saying spend 200 dollars just for nothing and then spend another 200 later....
The officer that was dealing with our application extended my wifes medicals so I guess we dont have to redo it.

Cheers

linalizzie

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
30-08-2010
File Transfer...
30-08-2010
Med's Request
N/A - SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
22-02-2011 (original 18-02-2010)
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2011
LANDED..........
15-06-2011
Inlandappl said:
Hi everybody!

I completed my second medicals before receiving the request to do so. Three weeks later, I got my PPR. I'll never know if I needed to spend the extra money. If it meant I would be waiting longer, I was not willing to wait for them to send the second request.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
linalizzie said:
I completed my second medicals before receiving the request to do so. Three weeks later, I got my PPR. I'll never know if I needed to spend the extra money. If it meant I would be waiting longer, I was not willing to wait for them to send the second request.
If you were happier doing it that way, then it was worth it.

linalizzie

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
30-08-2010
File Transfer...
30-08-2010
Med's Request
N/A - SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
22-02-2011 (original 18-02-2010)
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2011
LANDED..........
15-06-2011
Baloo said:
If you were happier doing it that way, then it was worth it.
I'm never happier with parting with money I don't have to - but I was in the dark with no communication from Buffalo at all. I had thought I was in some permanent holding pattern - as I watched so many others pass me by with their PPR's. I thought my choices were to A.) Possibly wait for them to request it and further delay my application or B.) Just do it and not give them a reason to request more info. Then again, hubby and I waited a year after we got married to send in our application. We weren't sure if we were going to stay on the beaches of Southern California or head up to the multicultural, sophisticated, and swanky city of Vancouver. ;)

Apr 8, 2011
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post. I (stupidly) got my medical done in August and only sent my application in January. Is it smart to just go ahead and get new medicals done so that a) I don't get asked for new ones and b) I have more time to land? I see on the forum some people have them redone before request and others don't suggest this. Why? Thanks!

Liz

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
i don't feel like redoing medicals if im not asked for them. and by the way when i did the medicals i was living in montreal and there were tens of places where i could do them(because they were approved by immigration canada), where im living now forget it, the next clinic available for immigration purposes is at least 9 hours of train ride. so im not going to re do medicals unless they ask for them

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
It always advised that unless you are asked by CIC themselves then you do not need to go ahead and get another medical done.
Save yourself money if you can and if they ask for it, then get it. ;)

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Love_Young said:
It always advised that unless you are asked by CIC themselves then you do not need to go ahead and get another medical done.
Save yourself money if you can and if they ask for it, then get it. ;)
WELL SAID Love_young and also i'm not a fan of hospitals and clinics neither, so the less i see them the better it is

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Why thank you Inlandappl! :p
I don't think anyone really is a fan. Lol. So yeah, unless advised that you have to go, then no need to go.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
I had to re do Meds in January , hate the experience its awful , only because I hate needles, and Xrays scare me to death , all that radiation when not neccesary isnt good for you and if I had something wrong me after 2nd Meds it would be caught from here in Canada seem as though CIC are searching for TB and I have NOT I repeat NOT NOT NOT been out of Canada GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrr lol ..rant over !

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
I'm wondering about medicals as well. My husband's second medicals will expire this month. How can I find out if they can, or may be extended? Doing medicals 3 times for the processing of 1 visa is a bit nuts in my opinion. Especially in Nigeria, where there are two places that Canada accepts them from.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
inlimbo said:
I'm wondering about medicals as well. My husband's second medicals will expire this month. How can I find out if they can, or may be extended? Doing medicals 3 times for the processing of 1 visa is a bit nuts in my opinion. Especially in Nigeria, where there are two places that Canada accepts them from.
FWIW Outland application medicals are rarely extended.