App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
AOR Received.
11-12-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Med's Done....
19-12-2019
There's a group in Facebook for spouses applying for sponsorship. Yes, there are apps that exceeded 12 months due to COVID-19.

Reactions: ronesync

yondibeom

Feb 9, 2018
I dont think so. My application was submitted in May 2019 and I submitted the webform last week and they said they are closed now. shocked.

satmigs

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Hello! Once done with documents, how and where do we submit it? Manila Visa Office of Canada? And how do we pay for application fees?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello! Once done with documents, how and where do we submit it? Manila Visa Office of Canada? And how do we pay for application fees?
Have you read the general application guide and the document checklists? All the info is in there, I strongly suggest you carefully read through those 2 documents to ensure you app is complete before submitting it.

Apps are sent to Sydney NS in Canada, it is best to use a courier company so you can track and have proof of delivery, I suggest Fedex when sending it from PH, app fees are paid on-line.

Good luck.

satmigs

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Have you read the general application guide and the document checklists? All the info is in there, I strongly suggest you carefully read through those 2 documents to ensure you app is complete before submitting it.

Apps are sent to Sydney NS in Canada, it is best to use a courier company so you can track and have proof of delivery, I suggest Fedex when sending it from PH, app fees are paid on-line.

Good luck.
thank you for your help, do u think a case with not much complications e.g. dependents or previous marriages wont take longer than 12 mos.? but the pandemic might affect the processing time

jinjin_2020

Jul 12, 2020
thank you for your help, do u think a case with not much complications e.g. dependents or previous marriages wont take longer than 12 mos.? but the pandemic might affect the processing time
No one knows. Our case is not complicated at all. No previous marriage, no kids, have been together for years. But our application is taking longer than most in our batch (december 2019). With the pandemic, there's been no update since February.

satmigs

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
do you think it depends on the visa office p
No one knows. Our case is not complicated at all. No previous marriage, no kids, have been together for years. But our application is taking longer than most in our batch (december 2019). With the pandemic, there's been no update since February.
I'm friends with a couple whose case were not complicated. They were able to get it 8 months. Still early than expected 12 months waiting at that time. Do you think the visa office handling it affects the processing of the applications?

jinjin_2020

Jul 12, 2020
do you think it depends on the visa office p

I'm friends with a couple whose case were not complicated. They were able to get it 8 months. Still early than expected 12 months waiting at that time. Do you think the visa office handling it affects the processing of the applications?
Most likely. Specially during this pandemic, if the country the VO is in renders them unable to work at full capacity, then that's a huge effect on the application processing. And even without Covid-19, there are VOs that were deemed slow.