+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*NEW* MANILA VISA OFFICE Philippines SPOUSE/FAMILY TIMELINE

SJD9169

Feb 17, 2020
You must have some sort of voodoo. We applied 4 months earlier than you (Aug 2 2019) and still have not even received a pre-arrival letter - stuck on "assessing eligibility" and "background check" since December 2019. Simple spousal app, no dependents, no criminal record. Sigh.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
You must have some sort of voodoo. We applied 4 months earlier than you (Aug 2 2019) and still have not even received a pre-arrival letter - stuck on "assessing eligibility" and "background check" since December 2019. Simple spousal app, no dependents, no criminal record. Sigh.
I won't get into all the details but it was an emergency situation to get me, a CDN citizen home, Myself, wife and son were stuck in MNL at the time. DM had already been made so they issued their visa and COPR's to be able to accompany me. Exceptional circumstances.

Reactions: WantsPR@2020

SJD9169

Feb 17, 2020
I won't get into all the details but it was an emergency situation to get me, a CDN citizen home, Myself, wife and son were stuck in MNL at the time. DM had already been made so they issued their visa and COPR's to be able to accompany me. Exceptional circumstances.
Lucky you - good someone has good news. Thanks for sharing that.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

satmigs

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
just wanted to ask if we(sponsor and principal applicant) need to submit a passport size picture along with out documents

satmigs

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
please help: would it be a ground for spousal visa rejection if I was previously denied of US Tourist Visa? How about if the person being sponsored is unemployed, would it be a ground for rejection of our sponsorship application?

satmigs

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
I did include a passport size of mine PA and my dependent, For the sponsor not needed anymore.
Thank you for your help answering my question. I wonder if the timeline for outland spousal visa is still within 12 months timeframe. We are planning to submit our application next month. I hope there is not so much delay. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: ronesync

ronesync

Aug 16, 2019
please help: would it be a ground for spousal visa rejection if I was previously denied of US Tourist Visa? How about if the person being sponsored is unemployed, would it be a ground for rejection of our sponsorship application?
Thank you for your help answering my question. I wonder if the timeline for outland spousal visa is still within 12 months timeframe. We are planning to submit our application next month. I hope there is not so much delay. Best of luck to everyone!
yes. it is still 12 months. just make sure you include all requirements needed that is mentioned on the checklist. also follow the order of the documents according to the checklist so that you wont missed any before submitting. :)

babychikay

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
PH
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
AOR Received.
11-12-2019