+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*NEW* MANILA VISA OFFICE Philippines SPOUSE/FAMILY TIMELINE

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hi Guys, We received our CBSA notes today. It looks like it has the same information as the GCMS notes from IRCC.

From what I can see after looking at it briefly, our eligibility was passed on august 29th, which lines up with out pre arrival services letter. So I guess pre arrival does indeed mean eligibility is passed. It also says we are waiting for secondary review of criminality. That is probably the hold up at this point....
Did they sent out pre-arrival letter to the PA also? You said with out? or you meant to say with our.

Jarvis99

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
Did they sent out pre-arrival letter to the PA also? You said with out? or you meant to say with our.
Yes it should be with our. We received pre arrival on august 30th. Apparently after eligibility is passed (i.e. pre arrival received) they send a request to CSIS for the SEC/CRIM checks, which is pending for us. Although I am not sure if this is comprehensive security screening or the one everyone goes thru.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Yes it should be with our. We received pre arrival on august 30th. Apparently after eligibility is passed (i.e. pre arrival received) they send a request to CSIS for the SEC/CRIM checks, which is pending for us. Although I am not sure if this is comprehensive security screening or the one everyone goes thru.
So, now everything depends on the SEC/CRIM checks... What does the PA's NBI certificate say? My PA's NBI says "No Records On File" under remarks. You would think that if it says no record on file, it should fast processing?

Why would some applicants get their Pre Arrival at the same time has PPR? Maybe they had everything processed at the same time? Some people get PPR after one week of receiving Pre Arrival, some get it months later, we can't predict when we will get that golden email but one thing is for sure, sign up for some the pre arrival services and take advantage of it because you will be going to Canada soon;)

Reactions: Jarvis99

Jarvis99

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
So, now everything depends on the SEC/CRIM checks... What does the PA's NBI certificate say? My PA's NBI says "No Records On File" under remarks. You would think that if it says no record on file, it should fast processing?

Why would some applicants get their Pre Arrival at the same time has PPR? Maybe they had everything processed at the same time? Some people get PPR after one week of receiving Pre Arrival, some get it months later, we can't predict when we will get that golden email but one thing is for sure, sign up for some the pre arrival services and take advantage of it because you will be going to Canada soon;)
NBI says "No Derogatory Record"

airaxhing

Aug 27, 2019
Hi Everyone,

My Spousal application was transferred to MVO. Does the application at MVO takes loinger to process compared to CPC-Mississauaga?

Jarvis99

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
CPC-M is definitely faster than MVO(3-4 months). If you are direct to MVO some cases are quicker (6-8 months). CPC-M to MVO seems to take the longest from my observation. (full year or longer)

airaxhing

Aug 27, 2019
CPC-M is definitely faster than MVO(3-4 months). If you are direct to MVO some cases are quicker (6-8 months). CPC-M to MVO seems to take the longest from my observation. (full year or longer)
Thank you for your reply. My application is direct to MVO so hopefully there is no delay. Do you know why some applications is moved to CPCM and some to MVO?

pinkribbons01

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
It’s finally over - after almost a year...

Timeline:
Oct 29, 2018 - App Received
Jan 17, 2019 - AOR
Jan 29, 2019 - MR
Jan 30, 2019 - SA
Feb 01, 2019 - File transferred to MVO
Feb 18, 2019 - Medical
Feb 20, 2019- Medical Passed/ BGC started
Feb 27, 2019- Pre Arrival

March - Sept 2019 ***NO UPDATE***
But based on gcms notes, status is already for passport request since April 2019 (we ordered twice)

Oct 08, 2019 - PPR ✨
We received the email first before the status changed in ecas (DM)

Oct 09, 2019 - Submitted Passport
Oct 11, 2019 - VOH / COPR

Waiting may be painful but sharing some light and hope to everyone! :) :)

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
It’s finally over - after almost a year...

Timeline:
Oct 29, 2018 - App Received
Jan 17, 2019 - AOR
Jan 29, 2019 - MR
Jan 30, 2019 - SA
Feb 01, 2019 - File transferred to MVO
Feb 18, 2019 - Medical
Feb 20, 2019- Medical Passed/ BGC started
Feb 27, 2019- Pre Arrival

March - Sept 2019 ***NO UPDATE***
But based on gcms notes, status is already for passport request since April 2019 (we ordered twice)

Oct 08, 2019 - PPR ✨
We received the email first before the status changed in ecas (DM)

Oct 09, 2019 - Submitted Passport
Oct 11, 2019 - VOH / COPR

Waiting may be painful but sharing some light and hope to everyone! :) :)
wow... PPR since April.... Officer was sleeping on the switch? Why wouldn't they send it back in April?

Reactions: montreal2019