AOR2 = April 10, 2018
ECAS-PRAS = April 23, 2018
Pre-Arrival Services (thru text from Planning for Canada Phils.) = May 11, 2018

Tnx!
Husband ko din naka receive ng pre arrival through txt which is kind of odd

pd1234

Dec 4, 2017
Hi, good morning!

I'm new here, I received an email from IOM clinic about the pre-arrival program. Do we need to attend the program? Also, do we need to attend the PDOS at Comission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO)? Thank you!
Attendance to the pre-arrival program is not necessary. However, I've heard it's good and you'll be able to learn lots about adjusting to life in Canada. Also, it's important to note that it's not the official pre-arrival services offered by immigration. As such, it has NO influence to our applications, it only means that you agreed to be invited when you had your medical in IOM (I received an email myself). Please wait for CIC's email invitation for pre-arrival because that's the important one, if you receive it, it means PA has passed eligibility check. We won't be getting that for quite some time (maybe 2-3 months from now).

For your 2nd question, yes it is a MUST to attend PDOS. However, I think you need to wait for the approval of your visa before you can attend. You will not be allowed to leave the Philippines by immigration if you do not attend the seminar.

Last edited:

candymrobles

Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
Attendance to the pre-arrival program is not necessary. However, I've heard it's good and you'll be able to learn lots about adjusting to life in Canada. Also, it's important to note that it's not the official pre-arrival services offered by immigration. As such, it has NO influence to our applications, it only means that you agreed to be invited when you had your medical in IOM (I received an email myself). Please wait for CIC's email invitation for pre-arrival because that's the important one, if you receive it, it means PA has passed eligibility check. We won't be getting that for quite some time (maybe 2-3 months from now).

For your 2nd question, yes it is a MUST to attend PDOS. However, I think you need to wait for the approval of your visa before you can attend. You will not be allowed to leave the Philippines by immigration if you do not attend the seminar.

This is helpful. Thank you! :)

Sqg

Apr 21, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO

This is helpful! Thanks for sharing

imeec

Feb 28, 2018

Hello. I don't think you need a visa to attend a CFO seminar. you won't be able to get the sticker though. I attended the said seminar in 2015 but got my visa only last month. I heard slots get booked real fast these days with the CFO so while waiting for your visa, you might as well attend the seminar. I checked the CFOs website and here's the info: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/news/cfo-news-and-events/16-fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals.html It's under 'important notes' section. Hope that helps.

Reactions: RMMcIntyre

Iel831

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Philippines
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
0631- Rastaurant and Fod Service Manager
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2017
Doc's Request.
07-02-18 Qatar Police Clearance of spouse
Nomination.....
14-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-09-2017
IELTS Request
Included in files
Med's Request
21-11-2017
Med's Done....
Dec.4,2017(advised for sputum test and re xray Dec18-20,2017) done March 5, 2018(ok xray and negative sputum smear and culture Medical passed: March 10,2018)
Interview........
No need
Passport Req..
August 20, 2018
Hi, good morning!

I'm new here, I received an email from IOM clinic about the pre-arrival program. Do we need to attend the program? Also, do we need to attend the PDOS at Comission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO)? Thank you!
Sabi nila pre-arrival is not required pero it will help you prepare for Canada. PDOS is really required po

candymrobles

Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hello. I don't think you need a visa to attend a CFO seminar. you won't be able to get the sticker though. I attended the said seminar in 2015 but got my visa only last month. I heard slots get booked real fast these days with the CFO so while waiting for your visa, you might as well attend the seminar. I checked the CFOs website and here's the info: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/news/cfo-news-and-events/16-fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals.html It's under 'important notes' section. Hope that helps.
Hi! This is helpful! Thank you po! :)

Engineered_by_God

Feb 10, 2016
Doha
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2-2016
AOR Received.
16-3-2016
File Transfer...
29/3/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/1/2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
22-11-2016
Hi everyone, its been almost 2 years that I have landed here. I still thank the TS who made this thread and of course people who gave their wisdom and time in answering my queries ;)
For those who are applying and waiting, be prepared because breakthroughs are coming In Jesus name amen :)

Faye Licud

Nov 9, 2017
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
App. Filed.......
26-09-2017
AOR Received.
27-09-2017
Med's Request
16-11-2017
Med's Done....
09-12-2017
Application filed: September 26, 2017
Application Recieved: September 27, 2017
AOR1: November 17, 2017
Sched A uploaded: November 22, 2017
Medical Request: November 16, 2017
Medical Done : December 9, 2017
Medical: No update yet
AOR2-January 5, 2018
Pre arrival services : February 21, 2018
Pre arrival done: march 09 2018
BGC: Processing my BGC now but no update yet
DM: still in progress

good luck po stn lahat sana po dumating pinakahihintay ntin.....

cassandra10

Star Member
May 10, 2017
September applicant:
September 11- received application
It’s been 100 days since my husband received his pre-arrival letter.
April 13 - followed up status of application
April 22- Manila Immigration replied through email “the application is currently queued for review of migration officer”
BGC not yet started
No changes in ECAS..

Reactions: Iel831

ayns

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017
September applicant:
September 11- received application
It’s been 100 days since my husband received his pre-arrival letter.
April 13 - followed up status of application
April 22- Manila Immigration replied through email “the application is currently queued for review of migration officer”
BGC not yet started
No changes in ECAS..
Question, did you just send an email to MVO to ask about the status of your application? Ilang beses na kasi kami nagemail sa kanila about an address update 2 months ago, either no response, or just the general automated response. And never nagupdate yung current address ng asawa ko sa ECAS. It's been 2 months since nagstart BGC ng asawa ko. Everything else is done - pre-arrival, medical.

Thanks.

Reactions: Faye Licud

Faye Licud

Nov 9, 2017
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
App. Filed.......
26-09-2017
AOR Received.
27-09-2017
Med's Request
16-11-2017
Med's Done....
09-12-2017
Question, did you just send an email to MVO to ask about the status of your application? Ilang beses na kasi kami nagemail sa kanila about an address update 2 months ago, either no response, or just the general automated response. It's been 2 months since nagstart BGC ng asawa ko. Everything else is done - pre-arrival, medical.

Yes ngemail n ko s knila pero ang sb nila wait nlng dw ng email nila ulit pero until now wala p ko nrerecieve na update nila tagal nmn ng bgc nmn tgl n nkprocess ung bgc ko

cassandra10

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Question, did you just send an email to MVO to ask about the status of your application? Ilang beses na kasi kami nagemail sa kanila about an address update 2 months ago, either no response, or just the general automated response. And never nagupdate yung current address ng asawa ko sa ECAS. It's been 2 months since nagstart BGC ng asawa ko. Everything else is done - pre-arrival, medical.

Thanks.
Hi ayns,
Yes, nagsend ako ng follow up email sa MVO, feb9 kasi nareceive ng husband ko ang pre arrival letter. Tas thrice sya nkareceive nung virtual career fair kaya ng email nako sa MVO after a week ngreply sila sakin.. after magsend ng status update sakin, simula na namn ng paghihintay namin. BGC ng husband ko ala pagbabago humingi lang ng docs nun january hindi ko lam kung part ng BGC yun.. nalulungkot na nga kami..