+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*NEW* MANILA VISA OFFICE Philippines SPOUSE/FAMILY TIMELINE

sexychill

Aug 21, 2012
Visa Office......
EDMONTON - MANILA
prvc said:
To answer your first question above, well, sponsor approval is assessed from CPC-M, where they check a set of eligibility requirements which the sponsor must meet, e.g. sponsor shouldn't be on social assistance; PR must reside in Canada, if citizen is outside the country, s/he must provide proof s/he will return to Canada once PR is approved; PR sponsor should have declared sponsored spouse/dependents prior to landing; sponsor should provide proof s/he can provide basic needs for sponsored spouse and dependents; must not have been sponsored by a spouse for the last 5 years; and must not have sponsored a previous spouse and 3 years have not passed since previous spouse became a PR, etc. Also, CPC-M assesses for completeness of submitted application.

If approved, CPC-M would then transfer the file to the respective VO. In your case, Manila. MVO would then have to review the proof submitted, assess genuineness of marriage, assess PA's eligibility, perform criminal history/background checks, conduct interview, check for misrepresentation, ask for additional documents, etc.
salamat prvc sa lahat ng info...

djein

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Thirdy17 said:
Can I ask yon djein?? Where in iloilo? Coz I'm iloilo too. I'm so happy for you and for your wife. LDR is over.
Iloilo city but originally Calinog. We had a little mixup with VFS. They contacted us saying our pictures were deficient turns out they were the wrong size because we sent them passport sized pictures and also not recent enough (they were 1 year old and they needed 6 months or less) It was an easy fix to retake the pictures and send them overnight to VFS again. Only delayed us one day and VFS was so fast to inform us of the problem with the pictures.

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
hello

meron na po bang December 2016 applicant na nag Background in progress na or PPR?

Tinjon

Mar 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
14 dec 2016. Start processing 22 dec 2016
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
23 dec 2016. SA approved 12 jan 2017 No AOR2
Med's Request
March 8 2017
Med's Done....
March 14 2017 March 15 2017- passed Eligibility passed: July 27,2017
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
September 13,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
October
asagalen said:
hello

meron na po bang December 2016 applicant na nag Background in progress na or PPR?
Ako po .. BG check in progess....

bldc89

Nov 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 27, 2016
Doc's Request.
March 7, 2017
AOR Received.
Nov. 16, 2016
File Transfer...
Nov. 28, 2016
Med's Done....
Aug. 2016
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Mar. 31, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
PPsubmission: April 4, 2017 VOH: April 7, 2017
LANDED..........
April 28, 2017
*sigh* hoping for a good week this time..
the waiting game is getting harder and harder as each week passes..
can't even plan to see my husband because at anytime he may get ppr and we cant afford two tickets...

Mar 20, 2017
anyone here tried the vfs in cebu?
how much does it usually cost? im a bit confused. i read the charges on vfs website but when my husband went to cebu-vfs, he only paid P612?? would that be it? i asked him to verify with the personnel and he said that was it (he is going to pick it up from there).. just got worried a bit. i get pretty paranoid when im just giving instructions and not there to personally do stuff.. females are very meticulous in details more than men (i think, sorry gentlemen..no offense) [flash=200,200]http://:)[/flash]

bigfoot

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2016
Doc's Request.
09/02/2017 AOM and RPRF
AOR Received.
30/11/2016
File Transfer...
30/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
prvc said:
He paid the correct amount.
hey prvc my wife sent her passport to vfs monday. and she is getting it back by courier, how long did it take you to get your passport back ?

bigfoot

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2016
Doc's Request.
09/02/2017 AOM and RPRF
AOR Received.
30/11/2016
File Transfer...
30/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
prvc said:
Flying on May 1st. :) I got stuck in between weekends; my visa was already stamped since Friday but the embassy just released my PP yesterday. I believe my PP is on its way to me. :)
oh wow, so i been using the tracking numb provided to my wife by vfs, when i checked it does saying that its being processed. so i'll find out from that tracking number when the embassy stamps it ? and for you when you dropped off your passport to knowing when they stamped it how long did it take ? sorry for the multiple questions :p i am very excited lol

Mar 20, 2017
prvc said:
Flying on May 1st. :) I got stuck in between weekends; my visa was already stamped since Friday but the embassy just released my PP yesterday. I believe my PP is on its way back to me. :)

Update: Just got a call from the courier delivery service guy and said he's on his way to our house. :p Exciting!
cool.. have a safe flight!

bigfoot

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2016
Doc's Request.
09/02/2017 AOM and RPRF
AOR Received.
30/11/2016
File Transfer...
30/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
prvc said:
@ bigfoot
oh wow, so i been using the tracking numb provided to my wife by vfs, when i checked it does saying that its being processed.
*The last update I got from the tracking number was when the embassy returned my PP to VFS.*

so i'll find out from that tracking number when the embassy stamps it ?
*You'll know the visa was stamped when your myCIC says your app has been approved.*

and for you when you dropped off your passport to knowing when they stamped it how long did it take ?
*VFS received my PP on Tuesday, they opened the package on Wednesday, forwarded the PP to the Embassy on Thursday, the embassy stamped my most awaited visa on the PP last Friday, the embassy then returned my PP back to VFS yesterday, Monday, then Monday afternoon they sent it off via courier. Now I'm just waiting for the guy to find our place. Lol

sorry for the multiple questions :p i am very excited lol
No worries! :) I'll answer when I can. :) Yup! This is the most exciting stage, so I don't blame ya! :p
thank you :D a very nice detailed answer to my question. i appreciate it very much and you been a great help to me and my wife because i pass on the information to my wife as well lol...thank you again :)

triune

Mar 10, 2017
NomTGuzman said:
You must start from downloading the checklist and forms. Meron po dun isang forms only for sponsor and meron separate form for principal applicant. Then meron po isang form na divided ung parts, for sponsor and principal applicant, then ung isang part nun it doesnt matter kung sino sasagot pero sa last part niya kailangan ung both signature ni sponsor and principal applicant. Also do nor forget about the country specific requirements, for philippines they required us to provide PSA original copy of marriage, birth, and advisory of marriage (cenomar)
thanks sa reply mo , marami pa ako na gustong itanung i hope you wont mind if i ask many things that confuses me what to do. like how did you prepare all the forms and supporting papers. i just want to get some idea because it is my husband in canada who will be the last one to arrange it and not sure if he can organize all forms accordingly . do i just send my own forms to him together with my documents and supporting papers coming from me? how did you arrange yours?

ACA272

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
File Transfer...
2-11-2016
Med's Request
upfront AUG 2016 passed.
Anyone get their PPR this week so far? I haven't seen anything.

NomTGuzman

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
March 7, 2017
Doc's Request.
May 30, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: March 22, 2017, SA: March 28, 2017
File Transfer...
May 19, 2017
Med's Request
April 10, 2017
Med's Done....
April 17, 2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
triune said:
thanks sa reply mo , marami pa ako na gustong itanung i hope you wont mind if i ask many things that confuses me what to do. like how did you prepare all the forms and supporting papers. i just want to get some idea because it is my husband in canada who will be the last one to arrange it and not sure if he can organize all forms accordingly . do i just send my own forms to him together with my documents and supporting papers coming from me? how did you arrange yours?
Sure, you can just ask any questions here. Anyway, mukhang same tayo na gusto natin tayo mag asikaso para panatag tayo , the difference is ako ung sponsor and andito pa ko quezon city. First step po na ginawa ko eh to download the checklist and forms. Ako po nagfill up lahat, since alam ko naman info ni hubby, ang ginawa niya lang eh pumirma hahah. Meron ka na ba downloaded checklist?

Pricey

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/2016
Doc's Request.
07/2016
AOR Received.
AOR2 06/2016
File Transfer...
05/2016
Med's Request
Re med 23/11/16
Med's Done....
25/11/16....... Passed
Interview........
Hope not....
Passport Req..
Mycic.. (BC In Progress 24/02/17) ....16/03/17 PPR ..... 17/03/17 DM
VISA ISSUED...
21/03/17.... THANK YOU LORD!!! LDR NO MORE
LANDED..........
18-04-2017..THANK YOU LORDhome sweet home
prvc said:
Two hours ago the delivery guy called and until now wala pa siya. Haha. Sabi ko na eh, baka maligaw. Haha. :p
Yayyyy congratulation sis, i guess by this time nasa kamay mo na ang golden visa.. happy for u sis, gcp ka na bukas nyan hahaha!!!