+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*NEW* MANILA VISA OFFICE Philippines SPOUSE/FAMILY TIMELINE

NoobSaibot

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Good day! May tanong po ako. Nakuha ko na po ang Visa ko at plan na po namin mag-book ng flight papuntang Canada. However, ang asawa ko po ay nasa Winnipeg, and there are no direct flights from Manila to Winnipeg, so I need to book a connecting flight from Vancouver first.

So ang Port of Entry ko po ay sa Vancouver na po, di ba? Matapos po mag process ng Immigration papers pagka-land sa Vancouver, pwede po bang lumabas ng Immigration/Airport at pumasyal pasyal bago mag board ng connecting flight? (Assuming ang connecting flight ay kinabukasan pa)

djein

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Survivor27 said:
Just sharing based on previous posts I've read (not sure if it's on this thread or the other thread of Spouse/Family Class Timeline Manila-- can't remember), that when CIC or CEM makes a request of add'l docs, yes, you are given 30 days to comply. But there was one who said that you can ask for extension if said time frame won't be enough.

My thoughts and suggestions would be:
1. You might want to notify them by email a month prior to your travel dates that you will be travelling if in any case you get notified of sending them your passport.
2. If in any case there is no PPR yet and it is already your scheduled travel, just continue checking everyday while you are on a trip of a possible PPR.
3. If you get notified of PPR while on a trip, you may either cut your trip off, or, email them back immediately of a possible extension. Unless the remaining days you have left while on a trip is good enough for you to return and still comply within the said time frame they will ask you to send your passport.

I can tell that this matter is quite stressful. But don't get stressed out too much. Stay being cool, confident, positive and smile :) Go with the flow.
Great reply :) I sure hope a small extension is available dependent upon when we get PPR. Or it just happens more than 1 month prior. I think worst case scenario is we get it JUST before we are ready to go on our 1 month trip...thus negating the entire trip because they would have her passport and she won't be able to leave the country. In that case i think we'd just spend a month in the philippines...which is not that bad but would cause our already purchased plane tickets to disappear :( It would be a sweet and salty event...sweet that she will be in Canada soon...but salty that it causes some complications to our vacation that was planned almost a year ago.

crzy_canadian

Oct 28, 2015
Visayas - Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
12-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
19-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
08-July-2016
VISA ISSUED...
VOH: 05-Aug-2016
NoobSaibot said:
Good day! May tanong po ako. Nakuha ko na po ang Visa ko at plan na po namin mag-book ng flight papuntang Canada. However, ang asawa ko po ay nasa Winnipeg, and there are no direct flights from Manila to Winnipeg, so I need to book a connecting flight from Vancouver first.

So ang Port of Entry ko po ay sa Vancouver na po, di ba? Matapos po mag process ng Immigration papers pagka-land sa Vancouver, pwede po bang lumabas ng Immigration/Airport at pumasyal pasyal bago mag board ng connecting flight? (Assuming ang connecting flight ay kinabukasan pa)
I don't speak Tagalog, but I can presume your destination is Winnipeg (same as ours) and needing to go through Vancouver.

Once you land in Vancouver, you will pass through immigration, so it's at this point you need to do your 'landing'. Therefore best to allow for at least a few hours between flights.

An alternative I've found is flying Manila to somewhere in the US, and then to Winnipeg, and that way you can do your 'landing' there. The only issue with this is that Filipino's need a transit visa to pass through the states, so that adds an extra headache.

As for us, we'll just be going through Vancouver, seems easier.

Kalie

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-11-2015
File Transfer...
09-12-2015/ Manila Inprocess 16-12-2015/Addtl Request: 19-01-2016
Passport Req..
23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
azihrhiza said:
Ako po October Applicant and wala pang PPR ikaw din po ba October applicant

Hi,
October app.here. when was the last time you submitted an additional document? No update yet for Ocrober..

NoobSaibot

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
crzy_canadian said:
I don't speak Tagalog, but I can presume your destination is Winnipeg (same as ours) and needing to go through Vancouver.

Once you land in Vancouver, you will pass through immigration, so it's at this point you need to do your 'landing'. Therefore best to allow for at least a few hours between flights.

An alternative I've found is flying Manila to somewhere in the US, and then to Winnipeg, and that way you can do your 'landing' there. The only issue with this is that Filipino's need a transit visa to pass through the states, so that adds an extra headache.

As for us, we'll just be going through Vancouver, seems easier.
Yes, my destination is Winnipeg. Ok, so Vancouver should be where I must do my landing. But after landing in Vancouver and undergo immigration process, can I leave the airport and do some sightseeing in Vancouver (for maybe a day) then fly to Winnipeg?

crzy_canadian

Oct 28, 2015
Visayas - Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
12-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
19-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
08-July-2016
VISA ISSUED...
NoobSaibot said:
Yes, my destination is Winnipeg. Ok, so Vancouver should be where I must do my landing. But after landing in Vancouver and undergo immigration process, can I leave the airport and do some sightseeing in Vancouver (for maybe a day) then fly to Winnipeg?
Can't see why that'd be an issue, once you've landed you're effectively a Canadian PR and can travel freely anywhere in Canada.

biag_ni_lam-ang

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
AOR Received.
01-01-2016 (AOR2) 23-01-2016
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-08-2015
Interview........
waive
Passport Req..
24-06-2016 DM- 06/07/2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-1016
LANDED..........
In GOD's perfectime
NoobSaibot said:
Pde po kahit saan part na ng Canada ka pumunta :)

Jay.Will

Apr 27, 2015
My wife has been accepted as a Canadian PR. We began the immigration process on September 15, 2015 and she was accepted May 20, 2016, took about 9 months in total which we are incredibly grateful for, we were expecting 18-24 months. She still has to attend a "Pre-departure orientation session" which seems a little unnecessary, we think it's just a way for the Phil's to make some extra money since it's not sponsored at all or required at all by the Canadian government but it is required for her to get on the plane to leave the country. She will attend the orientation on June 17, I had already booked a flight to visit her for 6 weeks and we can't get a refund for all of our expenses so I will visit before she will come here, we are planning her flight to Canada for August 14.

Here is our Timeline:

We were married on July 24, 2015 and sent out our application 2 months later on September 14, 2015, a week prior to sending our application I saw an immigration lawyer just to review our application, spent $100 CAD and that was the best $100 I ever spent, she gave plenty of great advice and made some important changes on our application, I credit our application being completed without issue to her, tho she was very impressed when she saw our application saying I did an excellent job on providing all pertinent information and additional info regarding our relationship. I would advise everyone to spend that extra $100 and get their application reviewed by a professional before sending it off.

There was no interview for our application which we really thought there would be due to my disability, the lawyer believed there would be an interview due to this and could even cause issues in our acceptance, those in the Philippines with a major disability are generally shunned or kept hidden from the public so we thought Darla would have had to go for an interview to prove why she loves me to a stranger, glad she didn't have to go through that.

Sponsorship in the Ontario Mississauga office:

We received your application to sponsor Darlene N. on September 15, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 4, 2015.
We started processing your application on November 3, 2015.
For some reason on the website it still says "In Process" but I was accepted to Sponsor in the beginning of December, took a little longer than expected, about 2 weeks past the average time.

Permanent Residence in the Manila Visa Office:

We received Darlene N.'s application for permanent residence on September 15, 2015.
We started processing Darlene N.'s application on December 8, 2015.
Medical results have been received.
Now says "Decision Made" on the website but no other info, they are pretty bad at updating the website.

The previous was copied directly from the website, the following info is written by me:

May 20, 2016 Darlene's PR was accepted and confirmed.
Gave passport to the Visa Office to be sent to the Canadian Embassy May 20, 2016. (This office is a third party office outsourced by the Canadian and
other governments. Be sure to bring $75php for each visit to use their mandatory lockers)
Passport sent and received by the the Canadian Embassy on May 24, 2016
Passport was returned to the Visa Office with the Canadian Visa stamp on June 9, 2016
Picked up Visa and additional info on June 10, 2016

Future Timeline:

Attend Pre-departure orientation session June 17, 2016
Book flight to Canada June 18, 2016 (if everything during that orientation runs smooth and they don't force anything else)
Arrive in Toronto Canada August 14, 2016 and truly begin our lives together.

Very excited to begin that last step. Hope our timeline helps those that are waiting patiently (or impatiently) for their results, not knowing is the hardest part. I really wished they would keep people more informed about what is going on so people can make plans or not make plans in our case around that. I would have happily paid more for this process if it meant that we would be updated regularly. With the new Liberal government in Canada processing times all around should be reduced so good luck to everyone and hope you are as lucky as we are.

dolly0530

Star Member
May 1, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Mania VCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-16
AOR Received.
11-06-2016 AOR2: 29-07-16
File Transfer...
07-25-2016
Med's Done....
29-03-2016 Status: PASSED
My husband received an email regarding his UCI no. Is it normal that he's the one who received the email or should i wAit for another email for me regsrding my UCi no? I am just a bit worried.. Thank you in advance for those who will respond to this. Godbless to us..

Jay.Will

Apr 27, 2015
dolly0530 said:
My husband received an email regarding his UCI no. Is it normal that he's the one who received the email or should i wAit for another email for me regsrding my UCi no? I am just a bit worried.. Thank you in advance for those who will respond to this. Godbless to us..
I as the sponsor received the UCI in email as well, this is normal. You will unlikely receive an email for this part of the process. However once the process begins in Manila you alone will be getting the emails.

biag_ni_lam-ang

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
AOR Received.
01-01-2016 (AOR2) 23-01-2016
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-08-2015
Interview........
waive
Passport Req..
24-06-2016 DM- 06/07/2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-1016
LANDED..........
In GOD's perfectime
dolly0530 said:
You will received one (AOR2) 1 month after file transfer to Canadian Embassy Manila

crzy_canadian

Oct 28, 2015
Visayas - Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
12-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
19-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
08-July-2016
VISA ISSUED...
biag_ni_lam-ang said:
You will received one (AOR2) 1 month after file transfer to Canadian Embassy Manila
You *may* receive, is more like it. I didn't receive an AOR2 until a request for documents many months after my file reached Manila.

icy116

Star Member
Apr 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
30-03-2016
Passport Req..
07-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2016
LANDED..........
19-11-2016
Jay.Will said:
My wife has been accepted as a Canadian PR. We began the immigration process on September 15, 2015 and she was accepted May 20, 2016, took about 9 months in total which we are incredibly grateful for, we were expecting 18-24 months. She still has to attend a "Pre-departure orientation session" which seems a little unnecessary, we think it's just a way for the Phil's to make some extra money since it's not sponsored at all or required at all by the Canadian government but it is required for her to get on the plane to leave the country. She will attend the orientation on June 17, I had already booked a flight to visit her for 6 weeks and we can't get a refund for all of our expenses so I will visit before she will come here, we are planning her flight to Canada for August 14.

Here is our Timeline:

Thank you for the insight sir!!! God bless to both of you.

We were married on July 24, 2015 and sent out our application 2 months later on September 14, 2015, a week prior to sending our application I saw an immigration lawyer just to review our application, spent $100 CAD and that was the best $100 I ever spent, she gave plenty of great advice and made some important changes on our application, I credit our application being completed without issue to her, tho she was very impressed when she saw our application saying I did an excellent job on providing all pertinent information and additional info regarding our relationship. I would advise everyone to spend that extra $100 and get their application reviewed by a professional before sending it off.

There was no interview for our application which we really thought there would be due to my disability, the lawyer believed there would be an interview due to this and could even cause issues in our acceptance, those in the Philippines with a major disability are generally shunned or kept hidden from the public so we thought Darla would have had to go for an interview to prove why she loves me to a stranger, glad she didn't have to go through that.

Sponsorship in the Ontario Mississauga office:

We received your application to sponsor Darlene N. on September 15, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 4, 2015.
We started processing your application on November 3, 2015.
For some reason on the website it still says "In Process" but I was accepted to Sponsor in the beginning of December, took a little longer than expected, about 2 weeks past the average time.

Permanent Residence in the Manila Visa Office:

We received Darlene N.'s application for permanent residence on September 15, 2015.
We started processing Darlene N.'s application on December 8, 2015.
Medical results have been received.
Now says "Decision Made" on the website but no other info, they are pretty bad at updating the website.

The previous was copied directly from the website, the following info is written by me:

May 20, 2016 Darlene's PR was accepted and confirmed.
Gave passport to the Visa Office to be sent to the Canadian Embassy May 20, 2016. (This office is a third party office outsourced by the Canadian and
other governments. Be sure to bring $75php for each visit to use their mandatory lockers)
Passport sent and received by the the Canadian Embassy on May 24, 2016
Passport was returned to the Visa Office with the Canadian Visa stamp on June 9, 2016
Picked up Visa and additional info on June 10, 2016

Future Timeline:

Attend Pre-departure orientation session June 17, 2016
Book flight to Canada June 18, 2016 (if everything during that orientation runs smooth and they don't force anything else)
Arrive in Toronto Canada August 14, 2016 and truly begin our lives together.

Very excited to begin that last step. Hope our timeline helps those that are waiting patiently (or impatiently) for their results, not knowing is the hardest part. I really wished they would keep people more informed about what is going on so people can make plans or not make plans in our case around that. I would have happily paid more for this process if it meant that we would be updated regularly. With the new Liberal government in Canada processing times all around should be reduced so good luck to everyone and hope you are as lucky as we are.

Lala S

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Plokok said:
Gano katagal sila magreply about the request for Police Certificate Request Letter na galing ng MVO?
For mine, it's been 2 weeks now since I requested pero wala pa rin reply. May nag advice na tapos na on this step,
Di xa nag request, nisend lng kusa ng mvo.
so antay antay lng I guess...