21-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
anne10 said:
we're planning to get married soon..my required year ba na pgStay nya sa Canada pra maiprocess nya ung papers or pwede na nyang iprocess agad ung papers? tanx
As long as he's inside Canada and as long as he can show CIC that when you arrive you will not seek financial aid or welfare from the gov't then you can immediately apply.

ankrish

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
24-02-2017
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
File Transfer...
22-06-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-12-2016
xabibella said:
hi Ankrish! Congrats on your wedding :)

You can read all the info and requirements in the CIC website:

There's also a thread here that helped me a lot when I was organizing our own application:
Thank you! The second link helped me a lot!
I have one more question, is there any documents that needs my husband's signature from the initial application forms that I need to pass? Thank you!

anne10

Apr 29, 2016
CC79 said:
As long as he's inside Canada and as long as he can show CIC that when you arrive you will not seek financial aid or welfare from the gov't then you can immediately apply.
ok...thank you for help...

anne10

Apr 29, 2016
CC79 said:
ok...thank you for your help..

xabibella

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
File Transfer...
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2016
ankrish said:
Thank you! The second link helped me a lot!
I have one more question, is there any documents that needs my husband's signature from the initial application forms that I need to pass? Thank you!
yes, the 'sponsorship' forms needs his signature and the sponsorship agreement form needs both of your signatures if I remember correctly

angelvidal

Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
AOR Received.
27-01-2016 AOR1/ 01-06-2016 AOR2/ 22-08-2016 Urgent addtnal docx
File Transfer...
20-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-11-2015
Interview........
Hopeful to be waived
Passport Req..
soon!
VISA ISSUED...
soon!
LANDED..........
before my birthday on Sept please to celebrate w/ hubby!!!
Hello po!

Bumalik na po ako sa Pilipinas for now nuong 28th April 2016. I used to be an ofw in Singapore for abt 5yrs, DEC'15 applicant po kame for the family sponsorship, as of now still in waiting pa po sa susunod na instructions fr MVO.

Tanong ko lang po nawa may makatulong ng advise, ngayon pa lang po kase ako kukuha ng NBI mula po sa atin, and at the same time ineexpect ko po hihingian din ako ng police clrnce fr Singapore since i resided po duon for 5yrs.. Ano po ang dapat ko gawin sakali na hingin nla SG clrnce eh andito na po ako sa Pinas.

Dapat po ba ako magproceed sa SG embassy dito sa Manila? Or kailangan ko po magtravel ulit sa SG just to obtain the clearance? may fingerprint impression po dba pano po un pwede po ba dito sa Pinas iproseso ang clearance?

Thank you po in advance sa payo!

Regards,
Angel

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Hi everyone!

Just got married with my Canadian husband and we're planning to apply spousal sponsorship as soon as possible. I've researched and read the steps in applying spousal visa and I just want to clarify if it's correct.

1. Gather documents
2. download and complete applications forms
3. Send the forms to my sponsor in Canada.
4. My husband in Canada will also complete the forms he is required to filled up.
5. Together with my applications forms, my husband will then send the application to Mississauga office
6. Pay the fees
-- then wait for updates--

Did I mix up anything? also, can I just fill out the forms for him here in the Philippines and just let him sign when he receives the documents?

Thank you in advance

Regards,
Avi

CC79

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
File Transfer...
19-10-2015 SA Email 30-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
Avicon2016 said:
Hi everyone!

Just got married with my Canadian husband and we're planning to apply spousal sponsorship as soon as possible. I've researched and read the steps in applying spousal visa and I just want to clarify if it's correct.

1. Gather documents
2. download and complete applications forms
3. Send the forms to my sponsor in Canada.
4. My husband in Canada will also complete the forms he is required to filled up.
5. Together with my applications forms, my husband will then send the application to Mississauga office
6. Pay the fees
-- then wait for updates--

Did I mix up anything? also, can I just fill out the forms for him here in the Philippines and just let him sign when he receives the documents?

Thank you in advance

Regards,
Avi
Avi,

Good job on researching. That order should be ok but you can already pay the fees before submission thru credit card (that should be easier). Upon payment online, you will be sent a receipt which you will also include in the application package that you will submit to CIC. Mine was sorta flipped. I filled everything up first, then sent the others to her for completion and signatures. She sent the completed documents then thru my father and I sent them to CIC-Miss

Take note that there is a generic checklist for forms and required documents and there is a country specific checklist.

Lastly if you haven't noticed the trend and to avoid any more delays

-Make sure you do upfront medical exams.
-Marriage cert and CENOMAR are different so make sure you submit both
-Double check, triple check and have another person check your documents before submission.
-Scan and save a duplicate of all your forms and docs and if possible save into a cloud drive in case of emergencies.

Good luck,

Bugsbong

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2015
Doc's Request.
09-11-2015
AOR Received.
02-09-2015
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
09-11-2015
Med's Request
Upfront... re medical request june 1,2016 / re-xray Sept 4,2016
Med's Done....
28-04-2015 / 04-06-2016 / 06-09-2016
Interview........
Hopefully none
Passport Req..
16 September 2016
VISA ISSUED...
26 September 2016
LANDED..........
16 October 2016
angelvidal said:
Hello po!

Bumalik na po ako sa Pilipinas for now nuong 28th April 2016. I used to be an ofw in Singapore for abt 5yrs, DEC'15 applicant po kame for the family sponsorship, as of now still in waiting pa po sa susunod na instructions fr MVO.

Tanong ko lang po nawa may makatulong ng advise, ngayon pa lang po kase ako kukuha ng NBI mula po sa atin, and at the same time ineexpect ko po hihingian din ako ng police clrnce fr Singapore since i resided po duon for 5yrs.. Ano po ang dapat ko gawin sakali na hingin nla SG clrnce eh andito na po ako sa Pinas.

Dapat po ba ako magproceed sa SG embassy dito sa Manila? Or kailangan ko po magtravel ulit sa SG just to obtain the clearance? may fingerprint impression po dba pano po un pwede po ba dito sa Pinas iproseso ang clearance?

Thank you po in advance sa payo!

Regards,
Angel
Hi Angel,

Ngayon pa lang kumuha ka na ng NBI (this was supposed to be included in your application package) and singapore police clearance, go to singapore embassy and ask how to obtain the police clearance, sabihin mo na para sa app mo sa canada. I think it will take more or less 3 weeks ang processing sa singapore embassy, total wala pa naman ang request letter ng mvo for addl documents. Pero kung gusto mo na mabilis, balik ka sa singapore. Kung wala ka pa aom- advisory on marriage, I suggest kumuha ka na din kasi it might be one of the docs na irequest ng mvo.

May 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends! This is my first time posting sa forum na ito. With all the reading I did, I found all of them so helpful kaya I decided to join na din. :) So pardon me for my long explanations, I still need to learn the abbreviations that everyone uses.

My husband and I got married sa Philippines last August 2015 and here is (currently) our timeline sa application namin:

November 10, 2015 - Application received by CIC (Medical results also included)
January 7, 2016 - Started processing sponsorship application
January 18, 2016 - Received letter via snail mail that I have met eligible requirements to sponsor and that my husband's application will be forwarded to the visa office in Manila for processing.(Although at the moment, in process pa din ang status sa On-Line Services whenever I check)
February 2, 2016 - CIC started processing my husband's application
April 15, 2016 - E-mail (with letter attached) was received by my husband from the Visa office in Manila that a file has been created for his application

So far hanggang dito palang po kami. Meron po kaya dito sa forum na may halos same timeline lang din at nasan na application niyo right now?

Also, nakalagay po ito sa On-Line services nung chineck ko gamit UCI ng husband ko:

"We sent you correspondence on April 15, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

Upon reading though, parang wala namang hinihingi ung office na isend sa kanila. Friends na nagsend ng requested documents, ano po ba ang nirerequest nila in addition sa application?

Thank you po sa mga sasagot! It's nice to be a part of this forum :D

ankrish

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
24-02-2017
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
File Transfer...
22-06-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-12-2016
xabibella said:
yes, the 'sponsorship' forms needs his signature and the sponsorship agreement form needs both of your signatures if I remember correctly
Alright, what about the word, "co-signer"? What do you mean by that? Is it my husband? thank you!! :)

May tanong lang ako sa mga nakapag-ayos na ng mga papers. Isasama ko ba sa initial application ko na ipapadala yung Medical ng asawa ko? and How much ang processing fees? Mag-uumpisa pa lang kasi kami ng asawa ko mag-ayos nung proof of relationship namin and can anyone giude kung pwede Black and White printed on a bond paper? (together with all the required captions). Sana Matulungan niyo ako kasi medyo lost ako sa dami ng information na nakalagay sa site ng CIC.

Thank you so much!

Anna

angelvidal

Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
AOR Received.
27-01-2016 AOR1/ 01-06-2016 AOR2/ 22-08-2016 Urgent addtnal docx
File Transfer...
20-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-11-2015
Interview........
Hopeful to be waived
Passport Req..
soon!
VISA ISSUED...
soon!
LANDED..........
before my birthday on Sept please to celebrate w/ hubby!!!
Bugsbong said:
Hi Angel,

Ngayon pa lang kumuha ka na ng NBI (this was supposed to be included in your application package) and singapore police clearance, go to singapore embassy and ask how to obtain the police clearance, sabihin mo na para sa app mo sa canada. I think it will take more or less 3 weeks ang processing sa singapore embassy, total wala pa naman ang request letter ng mvo for addl documents. Pero kung gusto mo na mabilis, balik ka sa singapore. Kung wala ka pa aom- advisory on marriage, I suggest kumuha ka na din kasi it might be one of the docs na irequest ng mvo.
Hi bugsbong,

Salamat po for the response on my query, nabasa ko nga po I can visit Singapore Embassy dito sa Pinas with regards sa police clearance. Salamat po for the helpful clarification.
ques lang po ano po ung AOM? Un po ba ay different from NSO authenticated marriage cert?

Regards,
Angel

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Thank you CC79 for the response :)

Would it affect the processing time if my husband (sponsor) just started with his job? He was unemployed for about 2 years. Though before that he was employed for a long time.

CC79

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
File Transfer...
19-10-2015 SA Email 30-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
Avicon2016 said:
Thank you CC79 for the response :)

Would it affect the processing time if my husband (sponsor) just started with his job? He was unemployed for about 2 years. Though before that he was employed for a long time.
I dont think so. I started completing the application forms a few days after I got hired here. By the time i was done I've been working for 3mos already. Get started on those forms ASAP. They will require pay stubs from your husband which he can compile while completing the forms then he can include everything by the time he's ready to submit the package.