+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*NEW* MANILA VISA OFFICE Philippines SPOUSE/FAMILY TIMELINE

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
So finally, after long months of waiting we got an update. IRCC still need more infor from us and here it is:

> Military Records: As per information provided on your IMM5669 - Schedule A Background/Declaration form, you indicated you are an active member of the Philippines military. Please provide additional information on the end date of your service. If possible, please provide a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty. Note that you must have an end date of service and documentation to support this from your employer. This must be received at this office by:

Does anyone know what document we can provide as my husband is still actively serving the military?

Thanks
Reading what you have posted I interpret it to be saying that a person can't apply to be a PR if they are an active military person since they are asking for info release and discharge papers. That is only how I read it. I did some searching but couldn't find an answer either way.

Post a question in the general section of the forum asking whether active military personnel can apply for PR is my suggestion.

framscrim

Dec 27, 2011
Reading what you have posted I interpret it to be saying that a person can't apply to be a PR if they are an active military person since they are asking for info release and discharge papers. That is only how I read it. I did some searching but couldn't find an answer either way.

Post a question in the general section of the forum asking whether active military personnel can apply for PR is my suggestion.
Thanks. I did see some people applying PR in the past years but this is the first time I’ve seen this request

Anne16

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Philippine
Category........
FAM
Hi Good day,
I'm working on the documents needed before my flight. Is it necessary to have your documents sealed by DFA? Ung red ribbon na sinasabe nila? Saka about doon sa seminar, ilang araw mo un marereceive? Kakasubmit ko ln ng documents for tele-counselling. 3rd of December n kasi ang flight ko. Please reply.

Thanks

Ti-Dave

Dec 17, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm new ;)but following this forum since a long time. (and sorry for my english)
I'm an August 2019 about to become crazy of waiting huhuhu.
We got everything done, everything updated to be sure that the IRCC don't ask for an updated version of something.
We got our pre-arrival since October.
We are waiting for the DM that never arrive!
And all is ok in the GCMS notes

Someone have some update of what is happening with Manila? Even the phone agent from Canada cannot say anything more, like if Manila is currently in a never ending blackhole that never answer to anything.

I'm really sad that our files didn't stay in Canada :(

Last edited:

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm new ;)but following this forum since a long time. (and sorry for my english)
I'm an August 2019 about to become crazy of waiting huhuhu.
We got everything done, everything updated to be sure that the IRCC don't ask for an updated version of something.
We got our pre-arrival since October.
We are waiting for the DM that never arrive!
And all is ok in the GCMS notes

Someone have some update of what is happening with Manila? Even the phone agent from Canada cannot say anything more, like if Manila is currently in a never ending blackhole that never answer to anything.

I'm really sad that our files didn't stay in Canada :(

According to my Wife's FB group there has been quite a few DM's and PPR's in the last couple of weeks. Get the sponsor in CDA to contact their MP to inquire. Send a web form, send an email to MNL LVO, call MNL LOV, Twitter then, use every possible way to get a reply from them. YOU have to be pro-active, don't just wait. Best of luck.

Ti-Dave

Dec 17, 2020
According to my Wife's FB group there has been quite a few DM's and PPR's in the last couple of weeks. Get the sponsor in CDA to contact their MP to inquire. Send a web form, send an email to MNL LVO, call MNL LOV, Twitter then, use every possible way to get a reply from them. YOU have to be pro-active, don't just wait. Best of luck.
Thanks for the reply, really appreciated, I have sent them a webform, and will ask my wife to Email them again.

I have a question, can someone know how it will work when they will ask for the passport? Do I have to put some document or other stuff to prepare with it?
Thanks ;)

Last edited:

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks for the reply, really appreciated, I have sent them a webform, and will ask my wife to Email them again.

I have a question, can someone know how it will work when they will ask for the passport? Do I have to put some document or other stuff to prepare with it?
Thanks ;)
The PPR letter will tell you what is required.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Hi, question for those who have already landed in Canada. Were you asked for immunization records (for adults and/or children) at the port of entry?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi, question for those who have already landed in Canada. Were you asked for immunization records (for adults and/or children) at the port of entry?
When we landed in April they didn't ask for that but for the children they need that to be enrolled in school, some jobs will require the same, bring all the docs you have. Also a recent prescription for any medication a person might be on will make it easier to get them refilled here.

Reactions: mamasvoice

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
When we landed in April they didn't ask for that but for the children they need that to be enrolled in school, some jobs will require the same, bring all the docs you have. Also a recent prescription for any medication a person might be on will make it easier to get them refilled here.
Thank you for your reply. I had been wondering about this for some time now because we stopped vaccinating our children more than 10 years ago. Our son almost died from a vaccine when he was a baby. I read that there are vaccine exemptions in Canada and we are likely going to take advantage of that.

Last edited:

TJMacPh

Oct 24, 2020
Hey everyone, we are Jan 2020 applicants and have just received DM + PPR on January 11.

We messaged the Manila VAC and they sent a checklist to follow that includes getting biometrics which doesn't seem right. Can anyone with recent experience give us some guidance on how they proceeded?

Thank you.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hey everyone, we are Jan 2020 applicants and have just received DM + PPR on January 11.

We messaged the Manila VAC and they sent a checklist to follow that includes getting biometrics which doesn't seem right. Can anyone with recent experience give us some guidance on how they proceeded?

Thank you.
Probably a typo, since you have already done bio they wouldn't ask you again and you wouldn't have received PPR without it being done. Follow the checklist, write N/A beside the bio if it's a checklist you are supposed to submit with the other stuff on the checklist. Write a note saying you gave bio on XXXX date.