+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*NEW* MANILA VISA OFFICE Philippines SPOUSE/FAMILY TIMELINE

pinkribbons01

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa.
If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: MANILIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.
STEP 1: CHANGE IN CIRCUMSTANCES:

This is PPR right? Hahaha i'm too excited right now to understand what's in the letter. And do I need a schedule at vfs? And how much do i need to pay?
YES!!!! Congrats!!!!

Reactions: Indayclariss

razreim

Aug 28, 2014
Meron po ba nka experience sa inyo na na missed ang biometrics or medical. Naitawag ko na po at nag iintay pa ng request pra maextend. Malaki p ba chance nito na maapproved. Hindi kasi napandin n nasa spam folder ung email.

Indayclariss

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Ask ko lang kasi ng hihingi sila follow up for pictures letter exchange emails and mails and time line of relationship need ba i translate ng english ung mga conversation chats and emails and letters or okay lang ba na tagalog since ung documents namin nasa philppines na
Hi po, add ko lang yung sa mga chats po di ko na po pinatranslate okay naman process po sakin kasi may nabasa ako sa forms before na no need to translate tsaka lang if nagrequest sila, PPR na po ako ngayon so I think not necessary gumastos for translation unless they require po. Based on my experience lang po.

Rethirded

Aug 9, 2019
Hi guys, just wondering, I'm applying my wife and son for PR and it was transferred to Missausauga, but now they emailed me saying it's being transfered to Manila Visa Office. They're already done with their medical, biometrics, and sponsorship approval.

Here's our timeline:

Time line

PA - Philippines
1 dependent

May 21 - Application Received
July 16 - Acknowledgement of Receipt
July 24 - Biometrics Request
July 25 - Sponsorship Approval
July 25 - Medical Request
July 29 - Biometrics Given
July 29 - Biometrics Completed
July 30 - Medical Exam
July 31 - File Transfer to MVO
August 3 - Medical Passed
August 9 - File Transfer to Manila VO
August 9 - BGC ("We are processing" on GCkey)

What does it mean that our application's been transfered? Is it a good thing or bad thing or same thing?

Thank you in advance!

cdnmike75

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Hi guys, just wondering, I'm applying my wife and son for PR and it was transferred to Missausauga, but now they emailed me saying it's being transfered to Manila Visa Office. They're already done with their medical, biometrics, and sponsorship approval.

What does it mean that our application's been transfered? Is it a good thing or bad thing or same thing?

Thank you in advance!
It's not a good thing and not a bad thing. It is very hard to read as early this year most where going to MVO and then most not and now more are going back to MVO, including my own. It does look like with the move to MVO you will see it take longer to get process than if it had stayed in Mississauga, although some that get transferred have been processed very quickly. I believe this is due to there being more of a backlog there and they applications do get more scrutiny.

Reactions: Rethirded

Jarvis99

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016

Here's our timeline:

Time line

PA - Philippines
1 dependent

May 21 - Application Received
July 16 - Acknowledgement of Receipt
July 24 - Biometrics Request
July 25 - Sponsorship Approval
July 25 - Medical Request
July 29 - Biometrics Given
July 29 - Biometrics Completed
July 30 - Medical Exam
July 31 - File Transfer to MVO
August 3 - Medical Passed
August 9 - File Transfer to Manila VO
August 9 - BGC ("We are processing" on GCkey)

Thank you in advance!
Our file was transferred from CPC-M to MVO just like yours. I've ordered our GCMS notes and the reason for transfer is listed as Eligibility review.

For us officer in MVO has done an initial review of our eligiblity and marked us as "Recommend Pass", which more than a month ago.

Apparently there is a final review from the officer in CPC-M, once that is passed the PPR is issued. (this is from the information I gathered in this forum).

So yeah CPC-M generally is faster. It's generally for Eligibility check.

Reactions: Rethirded

Rethirded

Aug 9, 2019
Our file was transferred from CPC-M to MVO just like yours. I've ordered our GCMS notes and the reason for transfer is listed as Eligibility review.

For us officer in MVO has done an initial review of our eligiblity and marked us as "Recommend Pass", which more than a month ago.

Apparently there is a final review from the officer in CPC-M, once that is passed the PPR is issued. (this is from the information I gathered in this forum).

So yeah CPC-M generally is faster. It's generally for Eligibility check.
Thank you for clearing it up. May I ask what's GCMS notes?

Rethirded

Aug 9, 2019
It's not a good thing and not a bad thing. It is very hard to read as early this year most where going to MVO and then most not and now more are going back to MVO, including my own. It does look like with the move to MVO you will see it take longer to get process than if it had stayed in Mississauga, although some that get transferred have been processed very quickly. I believe this is due to there being more of a backlog there and they applications do get more scrutiny.
So there's no real standard on the time frame it takes for an application to get moving. I guess all we can do is wait and pray :) Thank you!

cdnmike75

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
So there's no real standard on the time frame it takes for an application to get moving. I guess all we can do is wait and pray :) Thank you!
As I told my wife before we applied, expect and plan for it to take up to 1 year, if it is less then it's a bonus. Still it's hard not to get frustrated when you see applications flying through CPC-M in 3 months and you see your languishing in MVO.