Manila
App. Filed.......
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
27-07-2017
Med's Request
04-08-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017 (asked for extension on deadline)
Hello, any news from june and july applicant?
June 26 applicant here :)
Today (may 31) the GC Key updated to "background check in process"

From what i have seen, MVO applicants get this update JUST BEFORE ppr.

Hopefully thats true because we have been in process for just over 11 months.

Reactions: ayns

isobelle007

Nov 20, 2017
hi po. ask lng po ako nung paalis na kayu ng canada. how did you bring the money? is it thru bank draft or atm will do? thanks

ayns

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017
Hi may i know about the pre-arrival letter you have received? I haven't receive it yet. Nov 2017 applicant here, File number received was Jan. 24, 2018. Medical submitted and passed last week of Feb. The latest update i received was Feb 28 when our application with my husband was already transferred to MVO for further procesing. Up to this date, its been 3 months since i last heard from them.
It just tells you that you or your spouse or any one who will be coming to Canada that's part of your application can take advantage of free pre-arrival services given by the Canadian Embassy. It's not mandatory to attend these but my husband said he learned a lot from it.

It's been almost 3 months since we last heard from MVO as well after our background check started.

Just a reminder, not all applications are the same and not all applications will have the same timeline. It is best that you don't compare your application to others. It's very tempting, I know. Believe me. I do it all the time and I am very frustrated when people who submitted after we did already got their PPRs or are already in Canada. But also remember that there are a lot of different aspects to why something might be delayed, or something is taking too long. We do not know what these are. All we have to do is just be patient, wait, and just go on with our lives. Otherwise, it will just frustrate us. It already took a toll on me by increasing my already high stress levels, so I just stopped thinking about it. I miss my husband every single day, but honestly, there is nothing else we can do.

Requesting notes might help you with your frustration, but it just makes the processing time for requesting notes for others who need it better than we do - those whose applications has gone way above the processing time stated in the website.

Darating din yan. Wag niyo na lang isipin. I'm sure pagdating niyo dito, ang Pinas naman ang mamimiss niyo kaya kung ako sa inyo ienjoy niyo na muna ang time niyo dyan kesa mafrustrate kayo kakahintay.

ayns

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017
June 26 applicant here :)
Today (may 31) the GC Key updated to "background check in process"

From what i have seen, MVO applicants get this update JUST BEFORE ppr.

Hopefully thats true because we have been in process for just over 11 months.
Our application has been on background check for almost 3 months now. Case to case basis unfortunately :( I hope you get it soon, your application is almost 1 year old! Good luck!

maria79

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Cebu
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
30-11-2017
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
Med's Request
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
17-02-2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
12-09-2018
It just tells you that you or your spouse or any one who will be coming to Canada that's part of your application can take advantage of free pre-arrival services given by the Canadian Embassy. It's not mandatory to attend these but my husband said he learned a lot from it.

It's been almost 3 months since we last heard from MVO as well after our background check started.

Just a reminder, not all applications are the same and not all applications will have the same timeline. It is best that you don't compare your application to others. It's very tempting, I know. Believe me. I do it all the time and I am very frustrated when people who submitted after we did already got their PPRs or are already in Canada. But also remember that there are a lot of different aspects to why something might be delayed, or something is taking too long. We do not know what these are. All we have to do is just be patient, wait, and just go on with our lives. Otherwise, it will just frustrate us. It already took a toll on me by increasing my already high stress levels, so I just stopped thinking about it. I miss my husband every single day, but honestly, there is nothing else we can do.

Requesting notes might help you with your frustration, but it just makes the processing time for requesting notes for others who need it better than we do - those whose applications has gone way above the processing time stated in the website.

Darating din yan. Wag niyo na lang isipin. I'm sure pagdating niyo dito, ang Pinas naman ang mamimiss niyo kaya kung ako sa inyo ienjoy niyo na muna ang time niyo dyan kesa mafrustrate kayo kakahintay.
Yep thats true, I will always cherish the time here in the Phils while waiting for our application to be approved because nothing can ever compare the enjoyment it brings to us in our native land, The foods, the weather, ambiance, friends and more importantly our family is here. Though i havent stepped my foot in canada, i am truly aware that life there is way different here than there for example the weather as well as the job opportunities that are available,, i have been reading a lot about the new country whom i will be migrating and spending the rest of my lives with, There are a lot of wonderful things to be excited about in canada and especially my husband is waiting for me there already. Sometimes anxiety takes its toll each time we check our status online without any updates, It is inevitable not to get depressed but me and my husband remained positive and hoped for the good news that is waiting for us in the near future.

amcastro

Apr 13, 2018
Baguio City, Philippines
Category........
FAM
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I'm not sure bakit Hindi hiningi last 2015 yung mga passport nyong lahat ,if declared kayo nah accompanying dpat lahat kayo hiningan ng passport para makasama s Canada with your mother .
God is good! Nareceive na po namin ung letter to submit sa VO Manila, what will be our next step po?
Please also help:

1. When and where should we book/set - "landing appointment"? Kami po ba magpapaschedule?
"Your accompanying family member(s) must complete the following steps within 30 days after you have attended your landing appointment in order to facilitate the issuance of permanent residence visas for your accompanying family member(s)."

2. After we submit passport and other requirements as stated sa letter - may family interview po ba?
3. Normally, ilang days po processing at pagtatak ng Visa kapag nasubmit na po namin?

Maraming Salamat po ulit! :)

maria79

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Cebu
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
30-11-2017
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
Med's Request
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
17-02-2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
12-09-2018
Attendance to the pre-arrival program is not necessary. However, I've heard it's good and you'll be able to learn lots about adjusting to life in Canada. Also, it's important to note that it's not the official pre-arrival services offered by immigration. As such, it has NO influence to our applications, it only means that you agreed to be invited when you had your medical in IOM (I received an email myself). Please wait for CIC's email invitation for pre-arrival because that's the important one, if you receive it, it means PA has passed eligibility check. We won't be getting that for quite some time (maybe 2-3 months from now).

For your 2nd question, yes it is a MUST to attend PDOS. However, I think you need to wait for the approval of your visa before you can attend. You will not be allowed to leave the Philippines by immigration if you do not attend the seminar.
Hi i happened to read your comments here regarding pre-arrival letter. Correct me if im wrong. Does it mean that if you have taken your medical exam at IOM, they will give you an invitation on pre-arrival services? I have taken my medical exam at nationwide health services last feb 2018 and up to this day which is more than 3 mos since my medical, i havent receive any pre.arrival letter. Would this might be the reason why i am not getting that letter coz i took my medical exam in a different accredited clinic? Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

GlDEON

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
Hi i happened to read your comments here regarding pre-arrival letter. Correct me if im wrong. Does it mean that if you have taken your medical exam at IOM, they will give you an invitation on pre-arrival services? I have taken my medical exam at nationwide health services last feb 2018 and up to this day which is more than 3 mos since my medical, i havent receive any pre.arrival letter. Would this might be the reason why i am not getting that letter coz i took my medical exam in a different accredited clinic? Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Hindi po naka based sa clinic ang pre-arrival. Yung Invitation for Pre-arrival services na galling sa CIC is based po sa processing ng application. Seminar/pre-arrival that came from IOM no bearing po sa application. :)

zaordono

Apr 30, 2018
Baguio
Visa Office......
Manila
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
File Transfer...
05-02-2018
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Hi everyone! I just finished my Pre-arrival seminar and MAP session yesterday. It was informative. They also gave links and other information which are very helpful before up to landing and little after. It's really worth your time so I recommend that you attend. The second day, the MAP Session, my facilitator was very straightforward with me and somewhat crushed my dreams to continue being a lawyer in Canada. It was overwhelming, but at least I've got options. As for us in waiting, I am still hoping and praying we get good news this month or soon for the PPR. I am one of the unlucky ones who could not link the account in the GCKey, so I am relying on ECAS. :) have a great day everyone.

Jemnay

Feb 19, 2018
Kidapawan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-12-2017
Doc's Request.
01-02-2018
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
01-03-2018
Med's Request
17-02-2018
Med's Done....
15-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-09-2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Hi everyone! I just finished my Pre-arrival seminar and MAP session yesterday. It was informative. They also gave links and other information which are very helpful before up to landing and little after. It's really worth your time so I recommend that you attend. The second day, the MAP Session, my facilitator was very straightforward with me and somewhat crushed my dreams to continue being a lawyer in Canada. It was overwhelming, but at least I've got options. As for us in waiting, I am still hoping and praying we get good news this month or soon for the PPR. I am one of the unlucky ones who could not link the account in the GCKey, so I am relying on ECAS. :) have a great day everyone.
What did you use? Online or in person pre arrival? I already registered in online pre arrival .Hope this works.

zaordono

Apr 30, 2018
Baguio
Visa Office......
Manila
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
File Transfer...
05-02-2018
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
What did you use? Online or in person pre arrival? I already registered in online pre arrival .Hope this works.
I personally endured a day of lecture and an hour and a half for one-on-one with a facilitator.

Jemnay

Feb 19, 2018
Kidapawan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-12-2017
Doc's Request.
01-02-2018
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
01-03-2018
Med's Request
17-02-2018
Med's Done....
15-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-09-2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
I personally endured a day of lecture and an hour and a half for one-on-one with a facilitator.
I hope ganun din s online pre arrival services. I already watched a pre recorded pre arrival orientation. And may mga emails nah akong natanggap that there's a personal assistant nah cocontact skin .

zaordono

Apr 30, 2018
Baguio
Visa Office......
Manila
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
File Transfer...
05-02-2018
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Question, did you just send an email to MVO to ask about the status of your application? Ilang beses na kasi kami nagemail sa kanila about an address update 2 months ago, either no response, or just the general automated response. And never nagupdate yung current address ng asawa ko sa ECAS. It's been 2 months since nagstart BGC ng asawa ko. Everything else is done - pre-arrival, medical.

Thanks.
Hi! I sent them an email regarding my address change, and at first they replied with the automated response and then several days later, I received an email that they already updated my file, also in ECAS.

cassandra10

Star Member
May 10, 2017
I’m confused with my husband’s application status, he got his pre arrival letter last feb9 but as of tuesday his ecas or gckey status says “we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements, i thought he already met this as he already received the pre-arrival letter.

His background check is not yet started.. september applicant sya... minsan nkakawala ng pag asa....