VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hi orion216,

I am happy if the info is useful in any way.

Your explanation clarifies your situation further. Unfortunately, i have no idea about this aspect when you consider it "vulnerable ". May be it really matters to apply for shorter duration. What i currenlty know is that even if you have applied for lesser duration, you can apply for CEC (except Quebec) after a year and apply for work permit extension in the mean time. If you are not switching employer's you probably don't need another LMO and it is quite rare not to get an extension in such a case.

Also a lot of people get LMO's and go for non skilled jobs such as cooks, live in caregivers, food court attendants etc. There are many rejections in such cases but many get through as well. And rejections are usually there when there is not a good correlation between experience shown vs type of job interested in. People get through with barely a year of justified and credible experience with proper documentation. I know of people in IT as well with 2 years or so experience (without masters, rather only a four year BS, but a good one) going for 2 years or so based LMO's and be successful.

Even in my case, the specialized experience they were looking for, i haven't worked in that domain (multicore network processors of a particular architecture) for whole 7+ years. Rather i have been developing system software of various kinds and for the particular one i am being hired for, i worked for 2+ years for a silicon valley based company.

So i understand your concern about vulnerability (perhaps i would be too, if i had been in the same place). But what you can do i think is to get the experience you have in writing in the best way possible. Include your resume which clearly demonstrates (not just describes) your credibility in the area you are being hired for.

CIC might not be technically as knowledgeable to understand the domain. But they sure as hell read far far more resumes and see profiles then we might have seen in a life time. So they would be pretty good at sniffing (and removing) the mocked up ones.

orion216 said:
Hello fkl,

Thanks for your information sharing.

I am concerned about the 'trainable skills' because I am looking for junior jobs. I have only one year experience and just graduated from Master degree, so I am on the vulnerable end and more easily replaceable when it comes to whether there are any local who can do the job instead of me. On the other hand, for someone as much experience and highly skilled as you, it is not easily replaceable. For that reason I would like to maximize the chance and wonder if the duration affect the LMO decision.

In fact, I was contacted by some Canadian employer. They want me to check with the Embassy whether I 'meet the condition to work in Canada, as they have agreed to hire people in the past, after which the person was not eligible to work in canada'. How can I get such proof that I 'meet the condition to work'? I could only think of the online evaluation of Quebec and Canada immigraion. They would like to make sure before proceeding with the hiring process. They will come to France late November. I prefer to meet them first, rather than they back out before even seeing me, knowing it's not certain I can come to work when they offer the job. How do you think of this scenario?
I have mailed to both CIC and Quebec immigration but I think the answer will only come in months.

vaingel1983

Mar 20, 2014
Hi everyone!
I am just new to this site. Hope I could get a birds eye view on some of my queries unanswered till now.
I am from the Philippines and I've got an employer from Canada who has applied for my LMO since last week
of January 2014. Just this week they have informed me that they were done with the interview and they were
required to submit long form birth certificates and tax assessments for proof that they have kids who needs
care and that they have the capacity to pay a caregiver. They have sent me the Live in caregiver contract already
but till now they could not give me the timeline about the LMO. How long do you think the processing would last
in this situation?

Thanks for the response guys..
:'(

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vaingel1983 said:
Hi everyone!
I am just new to this site. Hope I could get a birds eye view on some of my queries unanswered till now.
I am from the Philippines and I've got an employer from Canada who has applied for my LMO since last week
of January 2014. Just this week they have informed me that they were done with the interview and they were
required to submit long form birth certificates and tax assessments for proof that they have kids who needs
care and that they have the capacity to pay a caregiver. They have sent me the Live in caregiver contract already
but till now they could not give me the timeline about the LMO. How long do you think the processing would last
in this situation?

There's a good chance that you'll have it before the end of next month.

Cuteejhaimee

Feb 13, 2014
vaingel1983 said:
Hi everyone!
in this situation?

Hi,

LMO processing is vary, there is no such exact duration of LMO processing time.