+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New ITA recieved... apply or wait for CSE??

mihoz

Jul 29, 2015
Our earlier PR application was cancelled as incomplete as the case officer mistakenly considered we lived in the UK (due to my husband's online UK program certification).

We applied for a CSE on Aug 20th - waiting period is 30 business days.

We received yesterday a new ITA.

Should we:
1) apply for new one now?
2) wait for a week or so (our Police certificates expire end of the month) before reapplying?
3) wait at least for the refund of the cancelled application?

Thanks

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mihoz said:
Our earlier PR application was cancelled as incomplete as the case officer mistakenly considered we lived in the UK (due to my husband's online UK program certification).

We applied for a CSE on Aug 20th - waiting period is 30 business days.

We received yesterday a new ITA.

Should we:
1) apply for new one now?
2) wait for a week or so (our Police certificates expire end of the month) before reapplying?
3) wait at least for the refund of the cancelled application?

Thanks
You can prepare your application with the thought that you won't submit until after you hear about your re-opening, or you can go ahead and submit it now, figuring that your six months starts when you submit a complete application and you'd like it to be as early as possible. There is no problem with having two submissions - if they reopen your original application (which they really should under the circumstances) you simply withdraw the second one and get your money back. And if they refuse to reopen, the second is already underway.

I would certainly reapply before the police certificates expire, even if you don't have an answer about reopening yet.