+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New IRCC portal

bkk707

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Hi Just read another thread that mentions a new IRCC portal. I'm confused as I just put together an application on what looks the same portal as I used 4 years ago (everything looks the same) I created a GCkey to login . Just want to be sure I'm using the correct portal - when I google new IRCC portal and go to register it asks for an 'invite key"????

bkk707

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Hi Just read another thread that mentions a new IRCC portal. I'm confused as I just put together an application on what looks the same portal as I used 4 years ago (everything looks the same) I created a GCkey to login . Just want to be sure I'm using the correct portal - when I google new IRCC portal and go to register it asks for an 'invite key"????
Hi, ok, I manged to get the invite code and now I have an "IRCC portal account" and an "IRCC secure account". Which of these accounts should i use to submit the application?

bkk707

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Well I ended up going through the application on the IRCC portal and it's quite different than the secure account. What's up with that? The portal has far fewer required documents. I assume I use the portal to submit? Is there any difference?

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
there is no difference application processing wise in IRCC vs GcKEy portals.
the difference is interface of the application forms.
IRCC is easier, IRCC portal require few docs and 1 additional docs option to add misc. docs of maximum 2MB.
GcKey require lot of extra info, gcKEy allow you to add as much docs as you like.

The officer dont know if your application is coming from IRCC or GcKey, the processing will be same and result will be same.

So, in my opinion, if you have Tons of docs to attach, go for gcKey otherwise IRCC is fine.
I hope this clarify your concerns.

Reactions: zezo1978